Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2020, 07:13 AM   #43

I hate to say it but I’ve watched most of the episodes. I find it amusing and great way to see other options out there. I do wish they would shop more used RVs in order to give a better scope of pricing and the reality of depreciation when buying an RV. I agree it’s time to change up the show, it’s becoming redundant. Can’t wait for the RVers to start up again. It’s nice to see some educational segments.
Richnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2020, 08:33 PM   #44

Problem lately is that I'm seeing nothing but repeats now. I know it's scripted, but it's nice to see different units from time to time. I was hooked for many years on The Deadliest Catch. The first few years were just the crab boats and crews. Everything they needed to do make money and stay alive. Then they had to start adding all of the extra conflicts to try and drum up false tension. They're all screaming at each other, every other word is bleeped out. They ruined it.
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #45

Going RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richnewman View Post
I hate to say it but I’ve watched most of the episodes. I find it amusing and great way to see other options out there. I do wish they would shop more used RVs in order to give a better scope of pricing and the reality of depreciation when buying an RV. I agree it’s time to change up the show, it’s becoming redundant. Can’t wait for the RVers to start up again. It’s nice to see some educational segments.
I like to watch the show every once in a while, mostly just to see other rigs. Especially this year since most of the RV shows have been cancelled due to the pandemic.

The shows which bug me the most are when the buyers are newbies who have never been camping, not even in a tent! The worst ones are the families with kids and they're planning to be full-timers. It the kids I feel sorry for - they go from attending schools to home schooling and from a safe backyard to a small patch of grass next to their parents' rig. (Of course this year has most school-age children learning from home via computer, but knowing the spotty reception at many RV parks, that too will not be good for the kids.)
horsecollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:51 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Everything is "Aw sum".. drives me nutz, actually-like-like basically...etc...Good thing I have a mute button...
Joyce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm surprised that some of these people managed a job and an income. Yes, the shower scenes are senseless...especially because there are so many. And the one guy (who's a popular blogger now) who climbs into a storage compartment.- How awesome! Anyway, I'd like to see some new episodes
Old 12-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #48

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
My brother and I both watch the show. He's an avid viewer. I'm just occasionally tuned in.

I've had a couple thoughts so since you spun up this thread:

1) RVs aren't generally meant to be lived in all the time, true? I mean, I've read in many owner manuals that they are not designed to be permanent residences. So, with all the interest in moving in to RVs, I sometimes wonder if this is just an accepted fact and people are doing it anyway?

2) I get a chuckle out of the buyer on the Going RV show looking thoughtfully at whatever rig they happen to be looking at, with a hand on chin saying things like, "Oh, this pantry isn't big enough." I usually groan wondering if they're not happy because it doesn't have a 2nd floor.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:45 PM   #49

I've never watched the show. I don't get that channel.

But just to add some fuel to the fire, those "reality" shows are not "real!" I hope everyone understands that. They are staged. I've talked to some people (personally) that have been involved with some very popular "reality TV" shows, and they all say, everything is staged, choreographed, and if they don't go along with the staging, the show is cut.

It makes for mindless entertainment though... part of the dumbing down of America!
Old 12-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJeff View Post
My brother and I both watch the show. He's an avid viewer. I'm just occasionally tuned in.

I've had a couple thoughts so since you spun up this thread:

1) RVs aren't generally meant to be lived in all the time, true? I mean, I've read in many owner manuals that they are not designed to be permanent residences. So, with all the interest in moving in to RVs, I sometimes wonder if this is just an accepted fact and people are doing it anyway?

2) I get a chuckle out of the buyer on the Going RV show looking thoughtfully at whatever rig they happen to be looking at, with a hand on chin saying things like, "Oh, this pantry isn't big enough." I usually groan wondering if they're not happy because it doesn't have a 2nd floor.

Yes, and if the pantry isn't the size of a walk in closet when the rv is a tear drop- it's discouraging...and where are the bunk beds? And where is the cabana boy and door bell?
Old 12-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All of these type of RV shows drive me nuts! I know they are scripted, rehearsed and predictable (Just like any Hallmark movie)...

They make it look as if the rig they are standing in at the moment is the only choice for floorplan, color, or furniture available EVER. Not to mention the availability of other similar brands.

The other shows, that have seemed to loose steam were the ones about the "tiny homes". These were worse than the RV shows. In these they make it sound like you could just pull these things anywhere where the scenery suited you, unhook from your F-150 and plop down roots. Absolutely nothing was said about hooking up to any sort of utilities. None that I saw had any sort of holding tanks, or any other "road worthy" systems like are found on our rigs...
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:43 AM   #52

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce M View Post
Everything is "Aw sum".. drives me nutz, actually-like-like basically...etc...Good thing I have a mute button...
Not to hijack the thread, but I've listened to my daughter (mid 20s) speak and the back part of my brain began counting how many times she uses the word "like" in a sentence.

Don't get me started on the use of "no problem". Ugh..
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #53

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The DW & I watch that show occasionaly, we like to see what’s new out there and get new ideas w/o the hassle of a salesman hanging over your shoulder telling you to buy it. What bugs me about the show is they only look at 3 rigs, and there is always some issue with each one the buyers don’t like. Heck, there are a hundred rigs on the lot, go look at another one! The funny part is nearly all the couples try and squeeze into the shower at the same time. And the ALWAYS heard phrase by the woman, “the bathroom is too small!” Geeze, what does she want, a $500K, 40’ diesel powered toilet? Have fun watching it, because you know you are smarter than the people on the show!
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:05 AM   #54

That is funny when I come to think about it. I moved from 40 years of tent camping rather abruptly to a class A. Where they are complaining about bathrooms being too small here we are showing off to our friends and family: "LOOK! We have our own personal bathroom!"
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 01:06 PM   #55

Something I observed when I had a sailboat in a slip was that the bigger the boat the less it left the dock and this was evident from the marine growth on the hull. With an RV though there are full timers and part time users and there needs are quite different.

When going to Alaska my bags are more than twice as large as when going to a tropical location with the need for boots and shoes and more clothing and a heavy jacket and other gear. No different with an RVer that spends most of their time in the southern parts of the USA as compared to those in colder climes.

Every campground in a state or federal managed area has limited times when a generator can be run. I have been places where the generator would be running at 11 pm and I would go and knock on the door and ask the owner to shut it off. One exception though was a bunch of liquored up hunters where we decided it was more prudent to pull up stakes and leave the campground.
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I watch it all of the time. This forum is getting a bit negative don't ya think? Reminds me a bit of the one I was on before I found this place.
Just think of this as human dynamics at work! Reminds me of the two cynical old men who sit in the balcony on the Muppets! I remember the one episode when they sat there listening to a singer on the stage when the first old man said," Hey, she's pretty good"! To which the other man said, "well, I didn't think she was that great"! Then the first old man, "well, she was kind of flat"! Second old man, "She stinks"!... Before long, they were both leaning over the balcony rail yelling, " BOO, BOO, BOOOooo!

bneiva is offline   Reply With Quote