Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #1

Good RV shows?

I have been doing research for a few years, and I am ready to start looking at Motorhomes. I like the idea of a RV show where I could see a lot of MHs at one time.

Are RV shows a good way to get a better idea of what you really want? My wife and I would be willing to take a weekend and fly to one of the better shows.

Any recommendations on good shows? We live in Wisconsin, so any there would be great, but I don’t want shows that only have a few manufacturers exhibiting.

Thanks for any advice.
Ron750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #2

Hershey Pa is one of the bigger/better shows to go to. I am sure other parts of the country have them. But I have been there and so have a lot of others.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Hershey Pa is one of the bigger/better shows to go to. I am sure other parts of the country have them. But I have been there and so have a lot of others.
That show looks awesome. Unfortunately, my daughter in law is due to have her first baby right in the middle of that show. Maybe I’ll hit it up in 2020.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:57 PM   #4

Hershey in the northeast. Tampa in the southeast. Pomona in Southern California. Those are the big three.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
Hershey in the northeast. Tampa in the southeast. Pomona in Southern California. Those are the big three.
The California show sounds great, but sounds like they have problems from being too big. I see they’re moving to a new venue.

Anybody go to the California show last year?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:23 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We like the Dallas show. A good variety of class a, c, 5ers, tt manufacturers. Very good prices. And the reps we spoke with actually work at the dealers or manufacturer, not just there to make the sale.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I find they are more of a way to see what is available vs what you really want. Many times after using the rv you realize you didn't like or use what you thought you would. When you look and narrow it down to your favorites hang out in each one for an hour or so and pretend like you are doing stuff like cooking, watching tv, showering .... You will get a good idea of the flow just by watching the other folks coming through. This will also give you a chance to talk to other rv owners. When they say oh I like the way ours is better ask them why and what they have.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:38 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are there any RV dealers within a few hundred miles of you?

When we were looking we'd go a few hundred miles for the weekend and check out all the motorhomes.

I remember our legs used to hurt from going in and out of all the coaches.

The more you can look at the better it is.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:53 PM   #9

Hershey pa the largest in the country. all the dealers are trying to out do each other which is good for us.
rvwanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
We like the Dallas show. A good variety of class a, c, 5ers, tt manufacturers. Very good prices. And the reps we spoke with actually work at the dealers or manufacturer, not just there to make the sale.
I respectfully disagree.
It is a great show if you are interested in 5th wheels and TTs.

Not that great for motorhomes. Not that many.
It's a dealer show, not an RV show, and most of the dealers are trailer dealers.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Are there any RV dealers within a few hundred miles of you?

When we were looking we'd go a few hundred miles for the weekend and check out all the motorhomes.

I remember our legs used to hurt from going in and out of all the coaches.

The more you can look at the better it is.

I don’t want to drive hundreds of miles, and then instantly know I don’t like something. I would like to eliminate the DOAs in an efficient manor. After I narrow it down , I‘ll have to do road trips. Closest dealer is 60 miles. Closest Pursuit dealer is 200 miles.

I’d like to buy locally, instead of at a show. Looks like dealer support is crucial with MHs and I assume they give priority to people who buy from the dealer, not at trade shows. Is that true?
Old 06-18-2019, 04:45 AM   #12

You might attend the FMCA convention in Minot, ND at fairgrounds . Should have 150-200 RVs on display. More motor homes than towables. Aug 14-17. The 14th May be noon to 5 for rv display. 15-17 all day.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
"I’d like to buy locally, instead of at a show. Looks like dealer support is crucial with MHs and I assume they give priority to people who buy from the dealer, not at trade shows. Is that true?"

Yes, generally you'll get better support from the place you bought it.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
"I’d like to buy locally, instead of at a show. Looks like dealer support is crucial with MHs and I assume they give priority to people who buy from the dealer, not at trade shows. Is that true?"

Yes, generally you'll get better support from the place you bought it.
Very true. Many dealers won't service something they don't sell, especially if it's warranty work. A big part of our purchase decision was based on service after the sale and luckily, we've only needed a few repairs. Both times they said bring it in tomorrow and we'll fix it while you wait. So we've been very happy with our decision. We live very close to one of the mega 30-40% off dealers but service is non existent.