Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #15

[QUOTE=tigersharkjd;2141059]
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
Perhaps that is why you don't understand the reason that announced or unannounced inspections make no real difference.

Check nctox's response - he simplified the point.

Unannounced inspections are a standard in nearly every industry for safety and performance standards and if you can't grab the concept you probably enter the park backwards.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
got news for you, used to work in the aircraft overhaul industry the FAA faxs the company BEFORE they show up (so u can clean up your act ) one to two days before remember that when your 5 miles high
bulldog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you want to make it even worse, the FAA could have the inspectors sell advertising in their monthly magazine during the inspections. If this is true, my Bad Sam card cancellation is step one. Every RV'er should speak up for fair evaluations and not advance warning inspections and possibly tied to advertising. GS, do it right or get out of the ratings business.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post
If you want to make it even worse, the FAA could have the inspectors sell advertising in their monthly magazine during the inspections. If this is true, my Bad Sam card cancellation is step one. Every RV'er should speak up for fair evaluations and not advance warning inspections and possibly tied to advertising. GS, do it right or get out of the ratings business.
You can ask Marcus the head man of GS that question HERE if you really want GS know how you feel.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
I don't use GS rating for CGs....used rvparkreviews exclusively because its folks like us that right the review, not some inspector giving advance notice.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I haven't looked at a GS rating since ever, actually. Just for giggles, I just looked up the ratings for a couple of campgrounds I've patronized recently. One at the top end of my scale, and the other near the bottom. The one that I rate at the bottom had a higher GS rating. Ridiculous.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:20 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I haven't looked at a GS rating since ever, actually. Just for giggles, I just looked up the ratings for a couple of campgrounds I've patronized recently. One at the top end of my scale, and the other near the bottom. The one that I rate at the bottom had a higher GS rating. Ridiculous.

Look in the GS book and see if the CG you had at the bottom had a larger GS ad than the one you rate higher.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:34 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post
Look in the GS book and see if the CG you had at the bottom had a larger GS ad than the one you rate higher.
Last time I bought and looked at a Book was years ago.
Now that all info is on line that is needed.

Not all Campgrounds in the book/on line are inspected. A example I looked at IL. that Good Sam has a total of 214 campgrounds listed on line. Only 17 of them are GS parks and of those 17 only 9 had a ad.

When looking for a campground in a certain area I want to stop at for just overnight. I find it better to locate one using RV Park Reviews for location/rating or Passport America maps on line. And for a overnight I don't care if they are GS rated or not.

I have my own bathroom to use and don't use their Facilities or care if they are not up to visual appearance. Most of the time I only need a electric hook up and a clear site for my TV/Internet satellite dishes on the roof. That is all it takes to make me happy. Really don't care how much the campground spends for their ad's.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:54 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
While there are exceptions to every rule...
I don't take any one source as gospel, especially a book that is out of date before it is published - and many websites have to be taken with a grain of salt - including rvparkreviews...

if just an overnight - my standards are not that high - anything more than quiet and safe with utilities usually is fine And I've actually found some nice little gems just by an impromptu stop...

but, for destinations, I research a lot more - all online - including good sam's trip planner, tripadvisor.com, google maps, yahoo... any source, since any ONE source could be biased...

and unless I find multiple ratings for sites I've been to that match MY rating, then I know whether or not I can discount that rating...

to me, planning the vacation (since we are still working) is ALMOST as much fun as getting there
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #23

Quote:
Lots of electrons being wasted sending this every time.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Lots of electrons being wasted sending this every time.
And you just added to them.