Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2020, 10:54 AM   #253

Spartan Chassis
Geordi, no "fear-mongering" intended. Just speaking from experience of having been in situations comparable to this in the past.

I don't understand the benefit of a few RVers sending threatening emails to PFJ or GS about them enforcing a contract.

Does anyone really believe the small amount of fuel we purchase at PFJ is a drop in the bucket compared to what the trucking industry purchases? I would wager that PFJ receives more irate emails from truckers complaining about RVers taking up their truck lanes than from us demanding they offer us a discount!

I understand how "standing" is applied in litigation. I also understand that Marcus could, in numerous ways, create trouble for TSD that would have a negative consequence for those of us that benefit from TSD's fuel program.

Guess time will tell whose advice has more benefit to us as RVers.
2023 F-150 Towed
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
The information has been posted repeatedly in this thread, but people continue to insist that it isn't to their level of "proof" therefore it must be falsified somehow.
What information? We're asking for facts that prove that Good Sam was behind this. Instead, you focus on the fact that Good Sam had a deal with P/FJ, which nobody disputes. And your opinion that Good Sam should have passed more of its savings on to its members. That's your opinion.

But what facts are there that prove that Good Sam was behind P/FJ dropping TSD? Good Sam may have had a motive, but that doesn't prove they did it.

Quote:
I (and many others) have no way of knowing what WOULD be sufficient, but when the facts from people who worked in the company are not sufficient, probably nothing will be.
These people who worked in the company--who are they? I found a post of yours in which you said that the evidence was around page 6 of this thread, and that it had to do with a former accountant at Camping World:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/good...ml#post5184397

I can't find the post you were referring to, but even taking what you posted as true, you said the accountant had direct knowledge of the deal that Good Sam had with P/FJ. Nobody's disputing that.

But when it comes to whether Good Sam is the one who forced the issue with P/FJ, which is what people are asking for verification of, you start drawing conclusions and equivocating, instead of citing any facts. You even said the information only suggests:

Quote:
It's not hard to see why and who would have a MAJOR issue with that large of a revenue stream being threatened by TSD.

The information around page 6 in this thread suggests that over the last few months since November, BadSam had indeed noticed a large drop in that revenue stream, and once they discovered the source (possibly due to an article on RVtravel.com as referenced here: https://www.rvtravel.com/diesel-938/ )... Once they were aware of it, they called on that "exclusivity" clause in their contract with PFJ to demand PFJ force TSD out of the discounts.
There aren't any facts here about Good Sam forcing the issue.

Furthermore, you said that in your very first post in this thread:

Quote:
PFJ informed TSD that as of this week (either the middle of the week or the end) TSD will no longer have ANY fuel discount at Pilot or Flying J stations - because Good Sam informed them that they have an "exclusivity" deal with PFJ, and therefore RVs are NOT ALLOWED to have any other discount than the crap 8 cents that Good Sam has negotiated.
You posted this before the information about the former employee was revealed, which appears to be what you're relying on as "proof" now (even though it's proof only of the deal, not that GS forced the issue, which is what we're asking about).

So what was your basis for your statement in that first post? How did you know what actions Good Sam had taken? If you weren't there, then how did you find out what happened? Not what you could imagine happening, but what actually happened?
Old 03-18-2020, 04:45 PM   #255

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
So what was your basis for your statement in that first post? How did you know what actions Good Sam had taken? If you weren't there, then how did you find out what happened? Not what you could imagine happening, but what actually happened?
If you have a TSD account - it at the top of the web page for fuel prices -

As of the end of the week, Pilot is officially retracting their discounts from our program due to their relationship with Good Sams. Good Sams has an exclusive contract with Pilot which prevents them from giving any discounts to the RV community through any other means. Every other discount is still in place.

Just my .02 cents - I've had the TSD fuel card for just under 11 mts. Everything about the program as far as I can see has been transparent from day 1. They have always been available to discuss questions about the program. The EPS transactions match the TSD e-mails so when they state that Good Sams had an exclusive contract - I have no reason to questions it.

As for Pilot withdrawing their TSD discount. There is no e-mail from GS or anything else that you are looking for to prove it 100%. I would think discounts are not at a low level in the food chain of a company "but could be wrong". Someone with some responsibility had to approve it and to pull it at pilot, where the it came from I do not know for sure, but why would TSD need to create a story about this? GS already has a discount. If they have an issue with reselling, why not the same issue with GS discount.

Comes down to what company you believe. I'll take TSD as their current performance has earned my loyalty so far.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #256

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, this thread still going on ?!?

A LONG time ago it was a done deal and our thrashing about will do nothing for it or about it...
And, does it really matter who, what, when it was done ?
those of us that had the good sam card knew it was the Good Sam/Pilot/Flying J card because we could only use it @ PFJ...

At the time it was the only discount I could find and used it... they moved on and I will move on, some hold onto the past too long
Old 03-18-2020, 05:20 PM   #257

Quote:
This is complete garbage - Anyone who has enjoyed the TSD fuel discount, if you have a BadSam card, we need to band together and contact them - blast them for doing this.

PFJ informed TSD that as of this week (either the middle of the week or the end) TSD will no longer have ANY fuel discount at Pilot or Flying J stations - because Good Sam informed them that they have an "exclusivity" deal with PFJ, and therefore RVs are NOT ALLOWED to have any other discount than the crap 8 cents that Good Sam has negotiated.

Full information: The discounts DO NOT STACK so if someone is utilizing the TSD card to pay, they WOULD NOT get anything other than the TSD price, not 8 cents less, no Good Sam benefits (of which there are none to speak of)... And since there is no stacking of the discount, USING THE TSD CARD DID NOT COST GS ANY MONEY. THIS IS JUST BEING PUNITIVE, THERE WAS NO REASON TO DO THIS.

Good Sam has just decided that RVers need to be paying 30+ cents more per gallon for fuel.

I for one am going to call GS and tell them what I think of this behavior, and likely demand a refund on the remaining term of my greatly-extended membership... I want no part of that company any longer. Hopefully anyone else that feels the same will also make their voice heard, it is the only way that anything will change.
Since this has been proven untrue, why not ask for this thread to be locked?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 03-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #258

What has been "proven untrue" exactly? The information from my very first post that created this thread came directly from TSD, but apparently that isn't sufficient for some people b/c it wasn't delivered to them on a golden platter by TSD themselves.

I cannot help what people do or do not believe. It does not benefit me to share this information or try to falsify any of it, so why would anything be made up? There are a LOT of people who think everyone is lying to them or trying to scam them - and maybe that's true. But you can also actually read and research instead of just demanding "prove you aren't lying!" all the time, and discounting any sources of information when they are being delivered by the person you seem to have decided is being deceptive. Think analytically if that's even possible. Go call TSD yourself if you don't want to listen. Contact the guy who hired the accountant and get his name, then call him up and demand he prove to you that he's an accountant.

Get over yourselves, there is no benefit to deception here. Spreading the awareness allows people to make their own choice about what happened and if they want to express their displeasure with THE ONLY PARTY THAT HAD SOMETHING TO LOSE - Good Sam and the money that they were losing by losing the fuel-discount-card business to TSD.... Then express the displeasure with them. Or don't. It doesn't benefit me either way, the whole point was to raise the awareness of what they had done.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:53 PM   #259

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Moderators? Hello?
Old 03-19-2020, 07:59 AM   #260

TSD

Did PFJ also cut off the discount to truckers? If not, how does PFJ know the difference between a trucker and an RVer? Everything is done at the pump. I doubt that PFJ looks outside to see the difference.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:05 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radargilb View Post
Did PFJ also cut off the discount to truckers? If not, how does PFJ know the difference between a trucker and an RVer? Everything is done at the pump. I doubt that PFJ looks outside to see the difference.

Yes. If you read the quoted material carefully, PFJ voided their discount agreement with TSD Logistics. The card still works, but at full price for all TSD users.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine103 View Post
Moderators? Hello?

Yea this is quickly turning into The Maurey Show.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #263

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radargilb View Post
All TSD trucks and RV do not receive a discount - we all going to Loves and TA
Old 03-19-2020, 02:57 PM   #264

Entegra Owners Club
What difference does it make!? TSD fuel cards, Loves for the biggest discount, done deal! Enjoy your trip. I haven't set foot in a CW since Amazon started selling RV supplies. I'll do the same thing for TSD fuel stops. That was easy.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 03-19-2020, 03:06 PM   #265

Quote:
The information from my very first post that created this thread came directly from TSD, but apparently that isn't sufficient for some people b/c it wasn't delivered to them on a golden platter by TSD themselves.
No, it's that you haven't ever made that clear before. So you're saying that TSD is the one who says Good Sam forced P/FJ to quit giving TSD a discount, and that someone at TSD told you that? Not that the discount was being discontinued, but specifically that Good Sam was the one who found out about it and forced the issue? I would assume it would be P/FJ who would have told them that?

If that's the case, then why didn't you just say so the times you've been asked? TSD's statement is just that there is a contractual relationship between GS and P/FJ, which nobody disputes.

Quote:
Contact the guy who hired the accountant and get his name, then call him up and demand he prove to you that he's an accountant.
Does the accountant have first-hand knowledge that Good Sam forced the issue, or does s/he just know the details of Good Sam's contract with P/FJ? It's my impression that it's the latter, but it's the former that is in question, and the accountant wouldn't have any information to offer on that.

Quote:
Get over yourselves, there is no benefit to deception here. Spreading the awareness allows people to make their own choice about what happened and if they want to express their displeasure with THE ONLY PARTY THAT HAD SOMETHING TO LOSE - Good Sam and the money that they were losing by losing the fuel-discount-card business to TSD....
Well, see, there you go again. Yes, we know that the only party that had something to lose was Good Sam, and you mention it pretty much every time you post. But that doesn't mean that Good Sam forced the issue.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #266

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I really want to quit reading this thread but I can't. It's like a poorly written novel that you keep turning the pages hoping to find that there is an ending but no, it just keeps repeating itself never coming to a conclusion. Maybe if I just read one more chapter it will all become clear to me and I can put this worn and ragged book down.
Closed Thread