Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2019, 11:20 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad View Post
I'm sure Camping World is at fault for it getting sent to the wrong address. I am realizing RVers never make a mistake.
they sent it to the house i sold so it was rand mcnally they sent to the address i used on the warranty, i am in fl now not az i know the difference
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2019, 04:37 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad View Post
I'm sure Camping World is at fault for it getting sent to the wrong address. I am realizing RVers never make a mistake.
oh and by the way is was not camping world i sent it to for repair it was rand mcnally.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeffrey View Post
I understood yearly map updates, when I purchased. Not sure I could find that reference now, but it does warn me when my map are over a year old.
My RM 7730, serial # 125, has a pop-up window informing me my map is a year old, check for an update, every time I start-up the unit.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #18

Good Sam has a lot of customer issues, I've heard many people complaining about their services. One of the common issues is their customer support and on-time arrival on the spot.
frankgibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I too was informed no more maps for my 7710. Very unhappy as is only 7 years old and no updates for last two years, and since those map updates were usually "annual" it amounted to only about 5 or 6 updates for "Lifetime maps."

For the "out of date" map msg, techs did give me the instructions to get rid of it, which does work...

1. Plug in the TND device > close the Dock program

2. Open File Manager > TND Device > Navi > Bin

3. Locate the file named "navi.cfg" and right click on the file > Delete

4. Unplug the TND Device and use a paperclip/earring/etc to press the pinhole reset on the back of the unit.

5. Test for the issue after the unit restarts from the reset.

emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:53 PM   #20

Asked Rand Mcnally about the fourth quarter update (for 7720 LM) that they promised for most of the year...

Their response:

We apologized but we have not released a recent map update for your unit yet. The update we received from the development team is to release them on the first quarter of this year.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:24 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
stay away.

over the last 3 months we have had nothing but issues.

turns out the unit is a refub. unit camping world did not tell me that. now three months out of warr. rand say 100 bucks to fix even though the problems started while under warr.

yes the issues were doced by rand while under warr.
Obviously your first problem was doing business with C/W.

With all the posts about C/W and the overwhelming opinion/result of an interaction with them being rated as horrible, why would you in the first place.