Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2016, 12:18 PM   #15

Correct on the resale issue. I replied to a Good Sam ad some years ago, and their cost was almost half of my Allstate policy. The stated reason is that RV'ers have a good record so the premiums can stay relatively low. At this time, the re insurer was GMAC. Since the GM bankruptcy, this has changed to National General.

In 2009, a car sideswiped our motorhome and car trailer as we approached a lane closure. He claimed I moved over, which I did to avoid the closed lane, and I saw in my mirror what appeared to be plenty of room had he been driving at the speed limit. I claimed he hit me while trying to squeeze between my vehicle and the concrete barrier on the left (while driving at my estimate of 85-90 MPH). National General went to bat for me, but lost under outside arbitration. My National General insurance never had a big increase from this episode, so I continue using them to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
"Good Sam" isn't your insurer anyway - they just sell the policy. You will be dealing with another company, I think maybe National General.

Most major insurers offer RV-specific policies these days, so that stuff from GS warning you against non-RV insurers is just salesl hype.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
My advice is to shop around. One thing that drew me to Progressive was the roadside assistance rider at $24 a year that covers not only the coach but our towed as well. We've needed a tow of the coach 3 times in our 6yrs. on the road, and each time Progressive went above and beyond for us.
I made the switch today from Good Sam to Progressive and saved $150.00 and made some upgrades. I had GS for 15 years and no claims and each renewal it cost me more.

Tags
insurance