Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2011, 03:48 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have two methods in the motorhome. The first is a 4 cup electric drip coffee maker. It certainly isn't the best and I don't like that it has a burner instead of an insulated carafe but it is small and works. The second method is an insulated french press. This works when we don't have hookups. When we had a 5th wheel and no generator I needed something for no hookup coffee. Now I use the french press when I have the time to mess with it and the drip pot when I don't. The small size is ok since DW doesn't drink coffee.
cliff841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2011, 04:14 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Ray, IN: just to clarify: Drinking coffee helps avoid Prostate cancer. Drinking Coffee Helps Avoid Prostate Cancer, Study Says - FoxNews.com . Not to be confused with pancreatic cancer when in the early 1980's researcheds found an increase in pancreatic cancer in coffee drinkers- now new studies can not support this.
jimpat4649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpat4649 View Post
Ray, IN: just to clarify: Drinking coffee helps avoid Prostate cancer. Drinking Coffee Helps Avoid Prostate Cancer, Study Says - FoxNews.com . Not to be confused with pancreatic cancer when in the early 1980's researcheds found an increase in pancreatic cancer in coffee drinkers- now new studies can not support this.
Thanks for the correction. I got that one bass ackwards.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #32

Nothing like a cup of instant decaf in a paper cup with nutrasweet and cremora.Nothing real in the whole cup.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #33

As I was reading this I wanted to contribute. The darker the roast, the less caffeine is actually in the bean. I usually do French press with a medium roast or breakfast blend.

Freezing whole coffee beans is also nit good for the bean. The oils can crack the beans and effect their taste after thawed.

Just me throwing stuff out there.
SiberCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #34

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob View Post
Nothing like a cup of instant decaf in a paper cup with nutrasweet and cremora.Nothing real in the whole cup.
Really wish they had a like button.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #35

Gulf Streamers Club
Tried all kinds of pots, doesn't matter. The key to me is good water (filtered or bottled) with Starbuck's Espresso ground coffee. I like to soak and stir the water and coffee for a few minutes before allowing it to drain into the carafe. I also find coffee taste better if it is poured from a high enough distance from the cup to allow a foam head to form in the cup.
ok its ready, gotta go!
rhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
We use a Bunn coffee maker, Folgers,Starbucks or Seattles best. Fast coffee! We also make what we call campfire coffee over the fire. Bring water to slight boil put in coffee of your choice boil for about 10 mins, set off campfire dump in one coffee cup very cold water let set for a while to settle grounds. Very good, but it will grow hair on your chest...hehe!!! GOOD STUFF!!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Community Coffee with Chicory through a normal Black and Decker under counter mounted maker. I make it STRONG though. To me, you shouldn't be able to see through a good cup o' joe. I drink it with the flavored liquid creamers...yummy stuff! And the pot is generally empty within an hour.
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #38

Has anyone tried the 12 volt coffee pots? We do mostly boondocking, and coffee takes too long using perkalator on stove top. Was thinking about putting a 12 volt plug in and using a 12 volt coffee pot. We have electric pot, but then have to sneak outside in my nighty and pull the cord on generator!! Thanks for any info!
ankie3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #39

Ahh, coffee and camping! What a match together! We have the Mr. Coffee K-cup machine for our camper now. We used to bring the "big" Keurig machine because we are so addicted to our hot drinks! As a matter of fact, on our last trip to the Smoky Mountains, I (the absent minded always in a rush male) somehow took the K-cup machine out of the camper and left it in the basement garage. When we got to the campground, I swear it was the first thing Ginger noticed was missing. You know how that goes, "Didnt you get it?". "I thought you got it?" etc,etc,etc. Well, 30 minutes later I was at a Walmart in Maryville buying our "backup" camper k-cup machine.
Bama2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_N_Terry View Post
Community Coffee with Chicory through a normal Black and Decker under counter mounted maker. I make it STRONG though. To me, you shouldn't be able to see through a good cup o' joe. I drink it with the flavored liquid creamers...yummy stuff! And the pot is generally empty within an hour.
I like to think I drink my coffee strong but it has nothing on mud - I mean Community Coffee with Chicory. Actually, that made me smile. My grandparents lived in Louisiana for 20 years of so. When they moved to Texas they continued to drink Community Coffee which their friends had to ship to them. The day before my grandfather died he certainly had his Community Coffee and my grandmother had hers every day until her last admission in to the hospital. I hadn't even thought about the stuff for years but just the mention of it makes me think of them. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
cliff841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
coffee

We bring the Keurig machine.
trashman1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #42

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff841 View Post
I like to think I drink my coffee strong but it has nothing on mud - I mean Community Coffee with Chicory. Actually, that made me smile. My grandparents lived in Louisiana for 20 years of so. When they moved to Texas they continued to drink Community Coffee which their friends had to ship to them. The day before my grandfather died he certainly had his Community Coffee and my grandmother had hers every day until her last admission in to the hospital. I hadn't even thought about the stuff for years but just the mention of it makes me think of them. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Same here, 20 years ago we used to go to LA and loved the Community Coffee, but i think it taste best if made with Louisiana water. We brought it back to TN for years but it was never as good as we were served in LA
rhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black & decker, blog, coffee, keurig, zagami