Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to Pauletteone
Great RV Escapes

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has joined Great RV Escapes program. I joined 3 weeks ago and they said that they will be sending me the package with all the freebies . I have not received anything so far, I called them but got a answering service saying they will get back to me. What I would like to know if these guys are on the up & up. Would appreciate any info thank you in advance .
John W
Pauletteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauletteone View Post
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has joined Great RV Escapes program. I joined 3 weeks ago and they said that they will be sending me the package with all the freebies . I have not received anything so far, I called them but got a answering service saying they will get back to me. What I would like to know are these guys are on the up & up. Would appreciate any info thank you in advance .
John W
You are not the 1st to be taken in by this bunch. They use a couple of different names but they are all the same shysters. If you have their email, send them an email and threaten to report them to consumer affairs if they don't refund your money.
There are quite a few threads in irv2 regarding these guys. As a test, call a couple of the camp grounds and ask for the supposed discount they advertise.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has joined Great RV Escapes program. I joined 3 weeks ago and they said that they will be sending me the package with all the freebies . I have not received anything so far, I called them but got a answering service saying they will get back to me. What I would like to know if these guys are on the up & up. Would appreciate any info thank you in advance .
John W
P/S, type in great RV escapes in the general conversation forum and you will see what you are looking for.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #4

I agree with Dennis, everything I've heard about them is that they are crooks! If you are looking for a discount program consider one of the more established programs like Passport America, Good Sam and several others. I have found in our travels that most of the time you can get a 10% discount just for the asking. Odds are you likely already belong to some organization that will be recognized by the campground for at least a minimal discount.

We belong to Good Sam mostly for the camping world discount, and to FMCA. With those and AARP we seldom fail to receive some sort of discount at most campgrounds.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo Tom View Post

We belong to Good Sam mostly for the camping world discount, and to FMCA. With those and AARP we seldom fail to receive some sort of discount at most campgrounds.
We also belong to Good Sam, but as for the campground discounts. What a waste. It's something like 10% but not during the weekends or holidays, and not during the winter in the south or the north on the summer.... we do better with our Senior Card at all COE CGs. For one night? Truck Stops or WalMart.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi everyone, thank you for the info I have Emailed them to refund my payment will keep you informed on the outcome.
Thanks again
John W
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi everyone, Well I Emailed RV Escape for my refund and I have to say they were extremely fast with the refund, inside of 9hrs. So I thank them for the quick response.
John Walden
Canada
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Hi everyone, Well I Emailed RV Escape for my refund and I have to say they were extremely fast with the refund, inside of 9hrs. So I thank them for the quick response.
John Walden
Canada
Glad to hear it worked out for you. There are a few different options to look at. We use Good Sam and Passport America. Just stay away from these ones that sound to goo to be true. Happy Trails,
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We only use Good Sam and Passport America. The Passport America, although very limited, pays for itself very quickly!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Hello,
John W
I have had the same problem. I paid for it in December. Now it is March 13. 2013
I called the number on the back of the card they sent me. They do not make reservations there. she gave me the help desk 888-727-1118. No one there on their 24 hour a day number.I sent messages everywhere. If I do not hear from them tomorrow, I will be filing a formal complaint. To anyone that will listen. Their home is 2421 West Pratt Blvd, suite 102 Chicago, IL. My husband said that is one of the worse areas in the city.
Nancy Jarosik
two22penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Man, I'm glad I did a little research on this program. My wife and I are looking at some of the larger membership programs available and somehow these people started emailing us. After countless requests to provide us with the name of just one resort in their network, we finally received this email response. "Please contact another camping club. Respectfully, Tina Taylor"

This is what we found on another site "Please be aware that the Great RV Escapes program is a giant rip off.
I joined and paid my membership April 2013.The first 4 campgrounds I approached had never heard of this company and declined to honor the discount on offer from Great RV Escapes. I wrote back to Great RV Escapes and reminded them that they had advertised a money back guarantee and explained the problems I had encountered and asked for my money back.
They came back to me saying I had put one over them as my card had been declined, yet they had sent me a membership card. I sent them proof that my credit card had been billed and they simply said they never received it and I should go to my bank and sort it out.....and I will certainly do this.....but please be aware this is not a reputable company!!!! Matt "

Hope this helps anyone that may be considering this program.
Sledrider001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We only use Good Sam and Passport America. The Passport America, although very limited, pays for itself very quickly!
I have to agree with MSHappyCampers: Passport America honoring campgrounds never seem to be where I am wanting to stop. When I do find one - the park is always good to honor the 1/2 price.
Rockwood Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
We are very happy with our "Good Sam Club" membership as well.
Sledrider001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #14

Passport America for the most part is not a bad deal. Having said that "all" of the campgrounds that we have used it at will only honor it for 1 or 2 days AND only in one or two special sites that reserve for PPA. If we stayed longer we had to move even if no one was coming in using PPA. There are far more better discount programs available for your money, IMHO