Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #141
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Guns or carrots?

Definitely guns, I can't stand carrots!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #142

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
WHAT
Do I sound a bit dippie ?
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #143

Monaco Owners Club
"98% of all registered gun owners eat carrots. "

Maybe what we really need is more stringent carrot control laws. If your a gun owner...no carrots for you mister! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
Old 10-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #144
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
OK everyone we had a little fun and now its time we brought this thread back on topic.
Thank You
Old 10-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #145

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablewizard View Post
OK everyone we had a little fun and now its time we brought this thread back on topic.
Thank You
It's about time we get serious about these gun issues.
After reading all of the produce ideas, I had an epiphany on this subject !! If we can combine produce with fire power we will have ridded the world of these evil GUNS.
Ah ha said I !! The re-birth of the dreaded POTATOE GUN . No permits are required and one can eat their left over ammo.
Without any effort it would blow the perp right out the Windshield .
When you come sashaying out of the bedroom with that baby at your shoulder, even the most hardened perp will shudder with fear.
Just a thought !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #146

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
It's about time we get serious about these gun issues.
After reading all of the produce ideas, I had an epiphany on this subject !! If we can combine produce with fire power we will have ridded the world of these evil GUNS.
Ah ha said I !! The re-birth of the dreaded POTATOE GUN . No permits are required and one can eat their left over ammo.
Without any effort it would blow the perp right out the Windshield .
When you come sashaying out of the bedroom with that baby at your shoulder, even the most hardened perp will shudder with fear.
Just a thought !!
Potato guns are cool. I have a pneumatic one that will toss a spud over 300 yards.

But it's over 6' long and kinda tough to turn in the hallway real quick.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #147
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you shooting Idaho spuds or the new potatoes? I guess you could load a big spud gun with a bunch of new potatoes and have a spud shot gun...whoops...of topic...did I get things MASHED up.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 10-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #148
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In response to the original question... Like an insurance policy, you hope you never have to use it, but only a fool does not have one.

JMHO

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
Old 10-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #149
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
In all seriousness, if you are going to carry a firearm for protection, you will need to do the soul searching in advance as to whether you could aim it and pull the trigger on another human being if your life (or a loved) is endangered. The time not to decide is when you are in a life threatening situation. The seconds you will use in making the decision may wind up with you being injured or killed. You pull out a firearm for one reason and that is to protect your life. You also do not try to aim at a foot or arm to "wound" the party. You aim to STOP them because your life is endangered.

If anyone is contemplating getting a firearm and you are not familiar with them, you need to go to a local range and pay for some one on one time with a shooting instructor. It would also help to take a defensive shooting course and then decide if you want to get a concealed handgun or weapons license. Different states have different requirements for the license and whether open or concealed carry. The are called :
CHL: Concealed handgun license.
CCP: Concealed carry permit
CWL(P): Concealed weapons license (permit).

Some states have a Castle Doctrine, which allows you to have a loaded weapon in your home (castle) and this extends to your RV or car. Be sure and check your state.

As for carrying, with a permit or license, some states have reciprocity and some do not. The least agreeable states are on the west coast and the northeast. If you are traveling, it is up to you as an individual to see what is legal where you travel.

It is not an easy decision.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 10-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #150

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-redneck View Post
...but only a fool does not have one.

JMHO
Alright, that was downright insulting and uncalled for! I support the right right for people to responsibly bear arms but that right is not a requirement to own gun. Owning one or not is still a personal decision. The right to bear arms does not give you the right to insult people who choose not to have guns!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #151
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Alright, that was downright insulting and uncalled for! I support the right right for people to responsibly bear arms but that right is not a requirement to own gun. Owning one or not is still a personal decision. The right to bear arms does not give you the right to insult people who choose not to have guns!
Not ment as an insult just an opinion. Many people do not have insurance and that is a personal choice. I have been subjected to events that have shaped my opinion. As Ken pointed out there is much more to the decision. My background has offered me all the training and soul searching needed.

A hard result to deal with is wondering if you could have done more after facing a life changing event. Everyone has the right to an opinion and I respect your preference not to bear arms. I opt to educate my family on how to use and respect firearms in hopes they never have to use them for defense.

Again JMHO...

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
Old 10-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #152

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Like an American Express Card,,,, Never leave home without it!
Low employment, economy on the skids make for bad times and for more bad people to do bad things!
I'm always aware of what's going on around me and I'm not going to be anyones victim!
Had two great experiences with other travelers on the road in rest stops but they could have turned out otherwise, yes there are still good people out there!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #153

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-redneck View Post
only a fool does not have one.
Dear VA Redneck,

I am not a fool.

Francesca
Old 10-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #154

iRV2 No Limits Club
Hmmm... More people are killed in auto accidents than in robberies, etc. Yet we all keep on driving. Wouldn't it be safer to to just not drive?
Closed Thread