Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Guns

How many RVers carry guns?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #2

Lots
Old 09-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I do, and for those that come near my coach (assuming they can read my signs), I make it no secret. I've never had to use one, or produce one to defend myself, but if that day comes, I'm prepared, trained, and practiced.

There are varying opinions on this topic, all valid for their own reasons. I choose to be prepared rather than merely have faith in others and hope for the best.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Carry and will not hesitate to use IF the situation dictates. Wife will get her training certification next month and apply for a FL CC. Researched many options for our MH weapon and decided to go with the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven
Old 09-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #5

Personally, on a public forum such as this one, I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to advertise whether one carries firearms or not.

Just my opinion, however to each his own.

Best regards and safe travels...

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a CHL and whether I carry or not (sometimes I do and sometimes I do not), is not a concern of those around me.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVJ58 View Post
Personally, on a public forum such as this one, I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to advertise whether one carries firearms or not.

Just my opinion, however to each his own.

Best regards and safe travels...
Again, there are arguments both ways. I think it's in everyone's best interest to know that I carry. I make every effort to make it clear that I carry as people approach my rig. Cops are especially appreciative, in my experience. I have no way to know if I have been spared an encounter with assorted nere-do-wells and ruffians as a result of my warning labels, but I hope so, because, if so, we both came out ahead and got to go home at the end of the day.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Better to be "judged" by 12, than to be "Carried" by 6 !

Trust but verify !

Better to HAVE and not need, than to NEED and not have...

Wanna know the good guys in a room ??? Flip out the lights and close the slide on a 1911 Colt .45 or pump-action shotgun, flip lights back on and remove any who have hit the floor of have distinct wetspots in the crotch...

Today with the economy and the member's of society that partake of drugs I'll be darned if you will catch me unarmed and unready to defend myself and my loved ones. Makes it bit testy to check into Military Bases at times, but we all get our own Peace of Mind in varying ways, and I have no fixation that someone else will come to my rescue.

Nuff said and will Seajay please pass along those pickled eggs and the beer ???
Old 09-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Interesting points of views. I would never carry any type of weapon that I wasn't thoroughly trained on. But then I grew up in a rural area and have a healthy respect for firearms.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
If I'm up and out of the shower, you can assume I'm armed.

But, I do this for a living - at least for alittle while longer. :-)

But, for the everyday person, unless you're used to carrying, practice routinely, or deploy what you carry routinely, I don't recommend it. You want something for home defense? Buy a shotgun.

"Point & pull" the most natural interface ever invented.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #11

We just started carrying our pistol. Kinda sad in a way
Old 09-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #12

Our current world is a dangerous place. If you don't believe it, just watch your local news. A retired Navy Seal commander has the following sign posted on his remote property that states the following;

"Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again!" I thought that was priceless. As a prior arson investigator trained in arrest and firearms, my motto is be prepared and you will most likely never need it. But don't carry and you have just reduced your options by one. Train often, and get a CCW.

Greg & Lynn (Full-Timing)
2011 Phaeton 42 QBH / Spartan Chassis
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
Old 09-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As noted in previous threads on having a gun in the RV, there is a lot of pro and con on this issue to include the level of training each individual needs if carrying. To answer the original question, yes, I carry 24/7 excluding being in the shower because a cop is to heavy to carry. When out in the RV I carry several to include a carbine. I don't believe in advertising the fact that I carry when in public, and it's legal here and that is why I've have a Nevada CCW. The only time I open carry is in the house or RV.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie View Post
Better to be "judged" by 12, than to be "Carried" by 6 !

Trust but verify !

Better to HAVE and not need, than to NEED and not have...

Wanna know the good guys in a room ??? Flip out the lights and close the slide on a 1911 Colt .45 or pump-action shotgun, flip lights back on and remove any who have hit the floor of have distinct wetspots in the crotch...

Today with the economy and the member's of society that partake of drugs I'll be darned if you will catch me unarmed and unready to defend myself and my loved ones. Makes it bit testy to check into Military Bases at times, but we all get our own Peace of Mind in varying ways, and I have no fixation that someone else will come to my rescue.

Nuff said and will Seajay please pass along those pickled eggs and the beer ???
We only carry 1911's and condition 1, no racking needed. You have about 1.5 seconds to react can't waste time racking.
Closed Thread