Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2022, 06:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
Murder is a very strong word that implies intent. I hope you meant manslaughter.
RichH
In some jurisdictions, specific intent is not necessarily implied. In NY, for example, "depraved indifference to human life" can be grounds for a murder charge.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2022, 06:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
Murder is a very strong word that implies intent. I hope you meant manslaughter.
RichH
Explain the phrase "Mass manslaughter".
Old 01-09-2022, 02:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I have seen similar situations in the past. Back a few years ago before I retired, I stopped to get fuel in the car and pulled over to the side of the pat was a very old and tired looking Dodge 2500 diesel truck with what appeared to be about a 40 ft, 3-axle 5er. It had a makeshift motorcycle carrier on the front bumper with an old Honda Trail 90 strapped down. Off the rear of the 5er he was towing an older Oldsmobile Delta 88. The Oldsmobile was stuffed full and had a roof top carrier loaded up top. The car also had a bike carrier on the back with two bikes on it. This was south of Houston and the rig had Michigan tags on it. The hood was up on the truck, and he was pouring oil into the engine.

I hope they made it to their destination.

Ken
Someone like the gentleman you reference is parked across from me in Jamaica Beach, Tx presently . They are hauling a triple axel 5er Highlander with a 2500, with a Enduro motorcycle and Scooter on the back bike rack with another little trailer for what appears to be a cooler, generator and somehow they are storing two manual bycicles (maybe inside when traveling). I don't see an Oldsmobile as of yet.
SageTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:20 PM   #18

Illegal but definitely stupid

Last year while camping on the eastern shore of Virginia I saw an old truck pulling a trailer that was hooked to another trailer, it had New Jersey’s license plates?
Chuckge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:35 PM   #19

While traveling SW on I-30 in Arkansas headed for Texas a year or so back I passed a minivan pulling a trailer with another car and a motorcycle on it. Behind the trailer was a tow dolly with another car on it. He was doing about 60 mph in what was probably a V-6 minivan pulling two cars, a motorcycle, a flat trailer, and a tow dolly. I too was by myself at the moment and didn't get a chance to get video.

I suppose as long as it's not specifically illegal it's legal.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
a very old and tired looking Dodge 2500 diesel truck
The hood was up on the truck, and he was pouring oil into the engine.

I hope they made it to their destination.

Ken
Probably the "Killer Dowel Pin". While quite messy, it won't shut you down as long as you keep pourin' in the oil. A new timing gear cover pan is in order, but some Belzona will slow the leak enough to go several hundred miles between oil fillups.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:41 PM   #21

Angry

also not to forget but those hitch adapters that plug into a one in sq hitch, and allow a two in sq hitch to be placed into it. allows a way over weight condition to exist.
who ever built it should spend time in prison.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:41 PM   #22

Did you happen to see if it were the stars from the Beverly Hillbillies ?
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
also not to forget but those hitch adapters that plug into a one in sq hitch, and allow a two in sq hitch to be placed into it. allows a way over weight condition to exist.
who ever built it should spend time in prison.
Why? I used one, because I only had a 2" ball mount, and nobody had the correct 1.25" mount I needed. The adapter fit my 1.25" receiver and let me use the ball mount I had. Total trailer weight was well within the capacity of the receiver (3500lbs), the adapter (5500lbs), the ball mount (5000lbs), and the ball (7500lbs).
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:10 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
But worse, climbing that hill not near as hard as slowing/stopping that rig on the downhill side?
Old 01-09-2022, 04:15 PM   #25

Are you sure it wasn't the Clampets?
PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:29 PM   #26

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
...If I wasn’t in traffic and my phone not handy due to being hands free I would hav taken a picture....
And this my friend, is why you must have a good dash camera! Seriously, everyone should have a dash cam, just in case. It only takes someone brake checking you to ruin your day, month and year. A dash cam can help prove they intentionally caused the accident for example.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:31 PM   #27

So I know that this is an RV forum but this thread is about people towing stuff that just doesn't seem right or legal. This one cannot be explained without a picture..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 6.27.21 PM.png
Views:	42
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	353435  

Don't count everyday, Make everyday count
Grabcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Probably the "Killer Dowel Pin". While quite messy, it won't shut you down as long as you keep pourin' in the oil. A new timing gear cover pan is in order, but some Belzona will slow the leak enough to go several hundred miles between oil fillups.

A definite MAYBE.

Depends on whether the dowel pin just went through the timing cover, or took out the timing gear!

Kind of like a "bouncing Betty".