Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2020, 10:59 AM   #1

Question Hanging Tips

I'm looking for ideas on how to hang towels, etc. in my camper trailer. Are Command Hooks the best idea? I did see something posted about glueing a backer board to the wall and screwing into that to avoid using the thin camper walls. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I've considered trying these. Seems like a good idea!

https://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Towel...607565&sr=8-21
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #3

We have never had any luck with the command strips for any longevity. They will
hold for a while and then let go. Last thing we hung was a light weight plastic clock lasted about a month and fell to the floor.
Jayco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Command strips work great if you don't expose them to the heat of a closed up trailer in storage during the summer. Also don't be fooled, they will tear the wallpaper if you try to remove them before they are ready.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:04 PM   #5

Funny, my wife and I were b*t*ching about this last week. Command hooks we put up when our rig was brand new are still in place. One we added 2 weeks ago has fallen twice. Agree the heat certainly affects them.

Don't know what kind of bathroom door the OP has but we put one of those towel racks which hangs over the top of the door. I screwed the top into the door to prevent movement. Works great and will hold a lot of wet towels.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
In past RV's, we've used both the over-the-door towel racks put on the door & a shower rod (above head height) positioned inside the shower. Both worked fine for hanging towels.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:53 PM   #7

We've had great luck with 2 Large command hooks (his and hers) on the back of the bathroom door; we hang heavy bath towels on them.... Been "hanging on" for 3 years now.

Now that I've said that, they will probably let go tomorrow....
RVnAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:13 AM   #8

Doors and and solid surfaces will work well especially if you don't let the RV get hot inside. On my new Raptor I couldn't get the hooks to adhere to anything initially. I had to clean the back of the door with acetone to get those to stick. 2 months and so far so good. A warning when using on the wallpapered surfaces. The wall paper covering is thin and not very well glues to whatever backing it on. Had one in the bath fall off but not before peeling a large bubble of paper off the backing. I heated it with a hair dryer and got most of the bubble back in place but the paper was stretched. I got out the brad nailer and put one in after "reactivating" the command glue with the hair dryer.

Be careful what cleaning method you use on the surfaces as it may remove more than surface grease and dust. Definitely test on a hidden rear first. I now need a 10x10 picture frame to cover a spot that acetone took off the wall paper color.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #9

Thanks everyone. Wish us luck

Tags
tips