Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2018, 05:31 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Perrin View Post
Thanks for all your responses!
My truck was off the road and on my space.
I agree that they should have been given a spot elsewhere, or had them come in the other way.
The way they had them come in was near impossible to back into without moving mine and another vehicle. Been a truck driver for 20+ years, and that was a humdinger to back into the way he was trying!
But they backed in just fine coming in the other way.
One last thing.
I saw the guy this morning as we were packing up. Not a peep out of him!
Maybe he was embarrassed, but I would have apologized if I had woken another camper to try and park my rig!
Night all!
Here is the Real Story - Think many a poster is just not following the Story.

As I said earlier - Wal*Mart - That's where the late night arrival should have gone.

Just Common Courtesy - Some of us are just slower Learners -

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2018, 05:40 AM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Don't sweat the small stuff, and this definitely qualifies as SMALL stuff! No one was hurt, no property was damaged, and you neighbor who was probably tired from a long drive ended up parked in in the correct spot . . . . Life is too short to worry about the small stuff!
AMEN!
Hardroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
I tend to think some RVs are unaware of how tight some parks are for a large class A or fiver, particularly when they park their vehicles in or very close to the road. I have had a few close calls because vehicles are parked on both sides of the road on a curve. I don’t blame them, but the park personnel might ask them to move away from the road, to avoid an accident.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
It appears this topic has been SERIOUSLY beaten to death. So, to add some levity... it reminds me of a time...

I was sitting in a fairly remote and unimproved Corp of Engineers campground. I'm a VERY early to bed and very early to rise person (like 8pm, 4am). At some point, I was woken up by the sound of blasting air horns!

Can't say my recollection is very clear but it seems I had a quick thought of "who in the world is doing THAT!!!" before it hit my that they were MY air horns!!!

I made a dash out of bed and to the front where my cat Buddy was comfortably resting on my coat that I had thrown over the steering wheel (tilted up so it was almost flat on top). He jumped at the site of a sleeping, fat, old guy running towards him! The loud and obnoxious noise suddenly stopped.

I have no idea why the air horns on a 2005 Dutch Star are "active" all the time (ignition/acc off) but they are. I quickly devised a hard steering wheel 'cover'. From that point forward, I made a point of ALWAYS putting the cover on the wheel when parked.

Yes... I made the lap of shame the next morning apologizing and explaining to the other campers. Everyone was very nice about it but not one of them said "no, I didn't hear that..." :-(
Old 08-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #61

what if the shoe was on the other foot
and it was you trying to park and need someone to move?
Old 08-20-2018, 07:55 AM   #62

Tha's a KOA

Unfortunately, you can run into these types of situations in KOAs all over the place. Most are tight spaces, barely enough room to maneuver. Most times at a KOA campground, when sitting outside my RV, I am sitting right next to my neighbor's sewer hookup. Not very appealing. Also, when coming in to a KOA in Hot Springs, AR once, we were just turning our 5th wheel on the interior road and clipped a hanging limb from nearby tree and tore our awning fabric. We were on pavement -- it's not like we veered off the road or anything like that. Just the park needed a little more attention.

'06 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
gjbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Potteng View Post
11:30 PM is starting to get into the great area.

A wake up knock past midnight first thing in the morning I would've started ice picking tires and gone on a killing spree.
: )

Seems excessive and a bit upwardly mobile. You might consider starting with less aspirational crimes like public nudity or burning garbage without a permit.

/satire
Old 08-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverforest View Post
I have a class C which is usually on leveling blocks, so I wouldn't move. one thing I've noticed in the 6 months I've been using my RV is trailers can back up way more sharply and into tighter spaces than I can get my class C. not sure if 5th wheel backup like trailers ?
5th wheel on short bed PU suck backing. I got rid of mine after two seasons. Prior to that I pulled a 36 tow behind for 8 years with no problem. After ditching the lightly used 5th wheel got a used class A and love it. Backs easy. Drives good. No hassels.
JAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #65

K.O.A. no way

That reminds me of a real cluster of fun with a k.o.a.in Montgomery Texas.. after several calls to the staff making them aware we were arriving from a cross country trip with a bad step motor and a dead A/C unit to stay a few days for repairs from a local tech....after arriving and checking into a hotel ( no a.c.) we paid in advance to leave our rig plugged in at the Montgomery Texas K.O.A.waiting for our tech to arrive...3 days later we were scheduled to be put back together and stay and see the sights....all the time with contact to the front office....after the tech arrived in a huge service truck I was approached by a very rude ,a snarley. old hag that told me that she was the OWNER and that there was NO WORK allowed. on any rigs in her park....i politely reminded her that I had made contact with the front office by email and phone and was assured by her staff that all work was preapproved by the park...thats when she got really nasty and approached the service tech to leave....( My coach being torn apart )...i informed her that he would be done in an hour or so and assured her all would be quickly completed....long story a little shorter....she told us both to be out of her park...( a K.O.A ) by 12 noon...i looked at my watch and it was 11:30....thats when I got mad....the moral to my story.....what the heck is wrong with camp owners ,,,why do they think long distant travelers stop at there camp grounds.?...in Montgomery Texas it sure Wasn't for the nice people that came to our aid in a very trying breakdown....NEVER AGAIN K.O.A....no complaint department...and lousy ,nasty ,service.....
Kbullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #66

I just had it happen to me last week. I was in a pull through site visiting a friend who was working in Prince George BC and staying in his m/h while there. I wasn't asleep but the owner of the campground came over and asked if I could move my Jeep Which was already unhooked) to make room for a camper that showed up late and the campground was full. No questions asked I jumped in and drove it around to the front of my RV to give them enough room to back in for the night.
The next morning while they were getting ready to leave they thanked me for moving and told me that they had been driving all day. They started looking for a spot to stay around 2 in the afternoon but everything was full so they kept driving. When they arrived where we were the owner felt sorry for them and got them in. We had a nice chat about their holiday and the fires, both there in BC and where they were heading back home in California.
I didn't ask or expect a discount on my site either, I thought that the campground owner did the right thing as well in accommodating them, maybe she was being greedy but I don't think so.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #67

Most, not all of the responses i have read here == what a sad bunch of people here.

If you find it really necessary, wake me any hour day or night and i will try to help you. You need some help or you would not have woke me and ask. Whatever the reason. Everyone on this post at some time or the other has needed and probably ask for and got help. I can almost hear them bragging on them self what good people they are. Road ragers, drive bys, finger flippers, horn blowers, road hogs, tailgaters, brake checkers, what a lovely bunch.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:57 PM   #68

[QUOTE=10EC;4357696]Most, not all of the responses i have read here == what a sad bunch of people here.

Deleted . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #69

I've been asked to move a vehicle numerous times, I'll admit not that late though. I would have just moves it. When RVing one needs to be flexable
BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #70

Gotta agree with everyone. Common curtsey is something that a lot of Americans have seemed to lost lately. But it has been my experience in the past 40 years of RVing that curtsey in the camp grounds is common. Move the vehicle and be happy it was not hit.