Several stories about CO poisoning without indicating the source, or indicating no ventilation or CO detector. One was caused by a propane WATER heater; another did say propane heater but did not say what type, or whether indoor or outdoor. As I've said before, the Coleman outdoor only heater seems to be responsible for a lot of deaths. I've lived in a home with a Rinnai vented propane heater and there were warnings to keep the vent clear of obstructions such as snow. My oil boiler, used by about 6 million homes in New England could malfunction and put CO in the house. I have a CO detector in the room above it. As for using a stove, they consume far more oxygen than an indoor heater. Ventilation and CO detectors are vital to safe operation of ANY fueled heater.
BTW, one of the stories suggested that a generator may have been the culprit. When I mentioned to DW that I need a way to keep our home backup generator dry when needed, she suggested that I run it in the attached garage. WHAT? I've read stories of deaths from doing just that.
I just read more of the stories and it seems generators were the source of the CO, and a story at the end saying that one generator produces more CO than a parking lot full of cars because they have no emission standards.
When a story says they are investigating the source of the CO, you can be pretty sure there was no ventless propane heater on the floor, so it appears only one story may be related to a camp heater and we don't know if that is an indoor or outdoor camp heater.
Once again, ventilation and a CO detector! Generators and the built-in vented furnace are the main reason for CO detectors in our RVs.
Here is some information on vented and non-vented propane heaters. https://www.abe.iastate.edu/extensio...ances-aen-204/