Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #15

Oh believe me I have done stupid before... At least when you get older you can blame it on age... :-)
Adamsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2017, 07:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneToTheDog View Post
Come on.....gentlemen. Really? You are enjoying the misfortune of a fellow RV owner?

Shame on you.

Maybe you should instead be thanking your lucky stars that you had such a "great day" and avoided catastrophe.

This story was just shown again this evening on the local Phoenix news. The man is reportedly 80 years old. These things happen occasionally, with our ever growing elderly population.

If you are not at, or quickly approaching that age already...and I think some of you probably are...you will be, soon enough.

I can't even imagine how distressed anyone would be after such an accident.
Can you???

The news showed and the owner of the pool. He was very understanding and had a sense of humor. No one was hurt. Insurance will cover damage. All is good. Ok to poke a little fun. No one is being unreasonable.

I think he was just trying to fill up his fresh water tanks in a very innovative way. Or just wanted to be the first in a brand new pool
Old 07-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneToTheDog View Post
Come on.....gentlemen. Really? You are enjoying the misfortune of a fellow RV owner?

Shame on you.

Maybe you should instead be thanking your lucky stars that you had such a "great day" and avoided catastrophe.

This story was just shown again this evening on the local Phoenix news. The man is reportedly 80 years old. These things happen occasionally, with our ever growing elderly population.

If you are not at, or quickly approaching that age already...and I think some of you probably are...you will be, soon enough.

I can't even imagine how distressed anyone would be after such an accident.
Can you???
Years ago I could see the humor in that; today not-so-much. This past Thursday I was in a hurry to get our MH to my TV repairman. Jumped in, started engine and as soon as air pressure was OK, pushed the D button and was on my way;_ dragging my 50A electric cord behind me.
Never did find my 50A cord, which cost $310 at Camping World, and I have to replace the inlet fixture too.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #18

As we get older, it becomes more and more important to use a check list. As far as age is concerned, I'll be 79 in a few days, and we've been on the road for about a month with a 5 yr old. She's a good kid, but being cramped up for 5 or 6 six hours at a time in the back seat of the p/u takes it's toll on both her and us. We may go again next year, if my health and sanity both hold out. When I get to the point that I'm making serious blunders with the camper, I'll quit. Believe me - swmbo will let me know!
TheOldMan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:44 PM   #19

I am 30 and a few months ago we were camping at the beach... It was my first trip with my motorhome and my father brought his as well... I was so proud that we finally made it and the trip was great. I was proud that I could share it with my dad and mom and my wife and daughter... I felt like a man and my dad was so proud of me and what I made of the old motor home... I felt like he was so proud of my maturity and was just overall good feeling...
Until
Pops pulled out first and I was shortly behind him...
Made it 20 feet and realized I was dragging the power cord...
How embarrassing... Right back to reality... Then looked at my phone and my dad sent me a text message saying "make sure you unplug power son"
Reply....
"Good to go, dad"
Our little secret...
:-)
Age is just a number
Stupid effects us all....
:-)
Adamsta is offline   Reply With Quote