Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
If we have to explain it you wouldn’t understand ������
A bromide.

I rode motorcycles for several years and did long distance touring on a Guzzi but never used windshields or radios.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2019, 07:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
A bromide.

I rode motorcycles for several years and did long distance touring on a Guzzi but never used windshields or radios.

Yeah, many years ago when I was a lot younger I never wanted a windshield either.

Now at 60+ it is all about comfort and not getting wore out riding all day.
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:21 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a couple noise-cancelling headphones in the MH that we haven't used yet but I'm thinking seriously of trying them on our return trip to Alaska to filter out the road and wind noise. Have any of you tried this?

On our trip down I found the road and wind noise to be worse than last year for some reason and it seems to have a temporary negative effect on my hearing and cognitive ability once we stop.

I'm hoping that the noise cancelling headsets can filter out the noise enough to make conversation a little easier too.

So, what do you think. Am I barking up the right tree here?
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #18
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck&Pam View Post
My Dad used something similar to this

https://www.amazon.com/Reizen-Loud-1.../dp/B01NCIYQ9G
We use the above with my mother-in-law. It works pretty good. You can modify it for a few dollars and use as you drive, if you're looking for inexpensive. The modification would be to add a longer earpiece cord. She would wear the earpiece and you would clip the unit to the collar of your shirt (microphone).
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #19

I have ridden a motorcycle for about 25 years and never had a mic and headphones. One of the reasons for rideing is so that I didn’t have to listen to her, lol lol lol 😆
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:35 PM   #20

I have hearing in one ear as well, so I understand the problem well. Unfortunately there’s a correlation between price and performance. I think the inexpensive solutions will suffer from poor fidelity and be hard to understand in a noisy environment.

One thing that MAY work is noise canceling headphones for her. Effectively putting her in a quiet environment where your voice would be audible in the opposite ear.

I’ll suggest purchasing from a source such as Amazon where you can return them if testing is unsatisfactory.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:30 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use the Laser Lite ear plugs to reduce noise when doing almost everything with "white noise".
I have used them for 30 years or so. Riding motorcycles, riding/driving a car, doing the yard, working in the shop, and even just being outside in high wind. They cut out the noise that prevents one from hearing voice.

These ear plugs are cheap and comfortable. Sounds are heard and understood while mostly eliminating unwanted distractions.
I ordered a box of them online. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_071915.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	256178
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:38 AM   #22

Jayco Owners Club
Being that many of the motorcycle headsets are made to mount inside of helmets, I'm not completely sure if something like this would work for you or not:

https://www.amazon.com/Communication...J0HZZ9X802SNBZ

However, these are a very reasonable price.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:40 PM   #23

we've tried the walkie talkie stuff and the ear buds and cables and decided to make my own
Got a couple of head phones and attached our motorcycle cardo scala system
I found a good deal on the extra set of cardo's and it works great with long battery life and bluetooth
You can find less expensive systems that accomplish the same thing
communicators

These things are awesome. We use them for backing up the rv and trailer and off roading.
We can hear each other clear
20190808_1930061
Al Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Yeah, many years ago when I was a lot younger I never wanted a windshield either.

Now at 60+ it is all about comfort and not getting wore out riding all day.
Ah yes, I understand now. I'm that way myself but with different things. Forgive me.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #25

Headsets that cover both ears are illegal in 17 states but a bluetooth earbud or single ear headset is legal in all 50. Bike headsets work inside the helmet and don’t restrict the wearer from hearing the environment around them, unlike over the ear sets.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat