Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2022, 08:03 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gloves View Post
Doesn’t most people voluntarily share what they’re doing? And it seems, no one really cares why.
My next hobby will be proofreading.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2022, 05:52 AM   #44

I wonder if the pricing on this isn't aimed at a niche market. There are a lot of singles and couples who work from home today. Tiny houses, minimalism, zero carbon footprint have a substantial following.

As expensive as this sounds if you look at the total cost of the essentials for survival today the monthly payment is probably a money saver. You can move when you want and stay as long as you want, stay anywhere, hiding a Class B in the open is a no brainer, and you lessen your impact on the environment while doing it.

Today we not only pay for what we get, but what we don't get.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 04:49 PM   #45

It's what works for them or what they like.

I get the same question asked all the time why I race and spend almost every penny I earn on race cars. When I only get back about 0.00000001% of the money I paid each year. Also the fact that 1 wreck, not even your fault can destroy everything and have to start from or possibly even kill you. (Which happened. 1 wreck destroyed everything and almost killed me.) Also messed my back up so now I have a bad back in my early 20's YAY! (I still race though.)

I was in the market to buy a motorhome awhile ago to pull my race trailer. Almost bought a Dodge class B, due to the size being smaller. Identical size (besides the height) and about the same year of my van, that I was already using to pull the race trailer. Actually had the bigger engine and better tow rating then my daily driver 3500 van. Could've used the Class B to be a daily driver if I had to. It was just going to be a little to small for me, my dad and the dog.

So we decided to go with a class C. It's an older '86 Ford with carbed 460. Really strengthened the frame, welded in a lot bigger hitch on and everything so it's safer for towing. Although the race trailer isn't that heavy and the race car only weighs around 850lbs. Also funny enough gets about the same fuel mileage pulling the race trailer as my 3500 van did. I nice big number of 7 mpg. So we're spending same on gas, but we don't have to drive home and get back at 4 am or have to pay hotels.

If we didn't have the dog or race so much, we probably would've gotten a class B. So it's whatever works with people.

It's what works for them and what they want. It's also their money and they can do whatever they want with it.
Corky3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 02:57 PM   #46

I’ve had 2 C’s and a B. I can see the point in a B, I like the maneuverability, but it was too small for my wife. And now we’re up to having 5 grandkids! Can’t have them in the B.
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:20 PM   #47

About the price, a B is made in a totally different way in that of a standard C or A. B’s are more of a custom assembly. I’d bet the hours on a B build is much higher than an A-or C.
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:24 PM   #48

Everyone has their own way to travel!

I think it is a personal choice what people choose to spend their money on for travel! To each his own!
Mikespeak944
Mikespeak944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:34 PM   #49

Because they can and want to. I wouldn't want to drive anything bigger. And it's nice to just pull into a parking space.
docpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:09 PM   #50

Simple answer. Do you want to have an 84 year old person driving a big class A? Been driving a class C since 2016. The class B/C meet our needs. Tow Jeep Wrangler. Money is not the object, but what do we feel comfortable driving and parking.
JLRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:20 PM   #51

Send a message via Skype™ to RaySue
We have had them all but now own a 23 foot Pleasure way with a Mercedes Chassis. They are small but if you don't have to take everything you own along perfect on longer trips. 20 mpg and ease of handling and parking anywhere is worth it to me. only tow my boat when on a fishing trip.
RaySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:00 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
damn straight. never understood why people worry about how, or why others spend their money.

.....kinda like a couple decades ago, during the FIRST California dysporia, when folks would sell their home in the horridly inflated area and come to my town and raise the real estate out of site for families trying to buy.

And......as far as prices go.......if enough fools will pay the price, they will keep charging it.

Works for Fivebucks coffee and iCrap, also.
picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:12 PM   #53

Love Class B

I don’t full time and own a house. This is my 3rd Rv and our class B is by far best for us. We have traveled all over the U.S., Canada and around Alaska. I can park and stay just about anywhere. I live in California and with gas here now over $6.00 per gallon I would hate to have something getting only 10 mpg. If gas goes to $10.00 per gallon I will still be traveling. Will class As and even Cs keep going? I will with my solar, lithium batteries, large compressor refrigerator and deluxe entertainment system. My particular B has a twin turbo engine, 400 pounds of torque with 10 speed transmission. If I stayed in one place for a month my choice would be different. I don’t however.
Tennis Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:34 PM   #54

why

2 dogs THAT IS ENOUGH REASON

no plane no motels (if you choose to stay in one)

and a comfortable way to move around - it is not a place to live for most people buying one

As an example my kids are renting a condo on the gulf next week end and it does not allow dogs for renters. I cant park my diesel class A in the parking lot but Class B will fit nicely and be a nice place for "mama" to keep her dog downstairs and visit him just a few feet away. A small dog that is always with us. (who would have guessed that)

For someone that is not a dog person - there is no way they understand this.

numerous other reason but just that one is enough. I am not qualified to give this opinion because I have had a class A DP motor home for almost 2 years and have NEVER stayed in a RV park - strange as that may seem to people here -- they probably cant figure out out why -- but it works for me

Nice to have a friend with a Mercedes class B too
minus 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:47 PM   #55

As a blue collar ($25 per hour each) couple of weekend warriors, I had the option of a newer van conversion, or an older RV. My 2017 Transit is enough for us, parks like a regular car/pickup, it is less tiring to drive, easier to explore cities and towns, and leaves us a lot of money for the actual travel experience.
An expensive, upper level Class B is still way less expensive than a similarly luxurious Class A plus a decent toad. Or you can buy older/less quality/smaller.
Danny Salas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:59 PM   #56

It’s whatever the individuals Preferences are and how they plan to use the RV. A smaller RV has advantages accessing state parks national park smaller campsites.
We being full-time prefer space and amenities that we are accustomed to. A class B definitely has a vantage for accessibility other than that, too small for us
springer0125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class b