Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2020, 10:23 AM   #1

Hey fulltimers!

How do you dispose of trash while on the road. Not going full time yet, but leaving in two weeks on a 6 week, 5000 mile trip. I have found the places to dump grey/black water but what about plain old trash?
Sonny7thb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2020, 10:32 AM   #2

We've never had a problem finding a proper trash receptacle when needed.

We always dump trash in whatever bins the RV park has, or if overnighting at a Walmart or rest stop (while in transit) we either find a trash can, hold the trash until the next fuel stop (there are *always* trash receptacles at fuel stops) or hold until the evening stop.

I don't recall ever being at a gray/black dump station and not seeing a trash receptacle of some kind nearby.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #3

If you stay at a CG....private/public/State-National/ COE....all have trash dumpster

If you boondock....pack it in then pack it out and dispose of in trash when you go someplace to dump tanks

Don't a real issue.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Buy supplies with trash in mind. You don't realize how much trash you actually generate till you have to make an effort to dispose of it. Keeping burnable paper trash separate helps a lot if you will be in an area you can have campfires.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Not a problem. However we some times to have a bag or two of cans and plastic till we can find a recycle bin.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #6

Most campgrounds have a dumpster or trash bin available. We do try to compact our trash by crushing cans and plastic bottles. Another thing we do is to get rid of the trash daily which amounts to a walmart size shopping bag. A bag that small can be disposed of at a gas station or store entrance trash can.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:12 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Campgrounds have dumpsters.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:05 PM   #8

I agree with what everybody said. I boondock most of the time so having access to a dumpster is a luxury. For me it's usually the trash cans in the Walmart parking lot, after all I bought it there I might as well bring some back. Gas station trash cans, fast food restaurants outdoor trash cans, basically any place there's a public trash can sitting outside. And if you're living the full-time lifestyle right there won't be nearly as much trash as you had living in a house. I don't try to compact my trash at all and I get two days out of a Walmart grocery bag, but I'm living alone

Theboondork.com
theboondork. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fulltime