Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #15

No! he made all the money but she holds the strings to everything else,if you get my drift
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
It is just me that think these coaches must be designed and modeled after a house of Ill repute ??? This show should have been called "Pimp my Motor Home "
+1

'Nuff said.
fredaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdog View Post
acquaintance! have a 1.8 m prevost and the wife just had her" jet "pick her up out west because riding in the m/h was just too hard and too long for her! husband had to drive that darn thing back all by himself . Now that's what i call roughing it
No kidding. I'm sure he had already heard more than enough of how rough it was on this trip and he was probably ready to sit back in that big old beauty, turn on some tunes, and enjoy the ride.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspain9089 View Post
If you have a decent internet connection you can watch RV 2012 at this URL:

Home & Garden Television

Thanks for posting that. Wow! We are new to the world of RVing and this really opened my eyes to what is out there!
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Thanks for posting that. Wow! We are new to the world of RVing and this really opened my eyes to what is out there!
Careful now!

It's like the old; "and.... for a few dollars more...."

After climbing in and out of million dollar rigs at RV shows and watching many programs like this one, we found ourselves feeling like we couldn't possibly go on without having heated tile floors, gold fixtures, and maybe even that one with the little garage under it so we could stash a SmartCar. A quick check of finances brought us back to earth.

It is a lot of fun to go through those rigs though. I walk away not so much feeling like I would like to OWN one but rather I'm dying to DRIVE one!

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #20

It was fun to get to see the new ones on RV 2012 even if I didn't see any Newmars. Did have a lot of really nice ones. Gave me ideas on our next MH.
barbaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The expensive RV's and planes are modern day equivalents for private railroad coaches of yesteryear, and, yes, horse coaches and yachts as well. If you are wealthy and can afford it, traveling in style is one of the perks. Each one has it advantages and disadvantages; with enough wealth you can have one of each.

Yacht; coast to coast in a month or so, size no limit, has crew, slow and restricted to waterways large enough for travel, limited public bling..

Airplane; speedy, coast to coast in hours, has a crew, somewhat space limited, also limited to landing at airports; transferring to helicopter increases mobility, limited public bling.

Private railroad car; coast to coast in several days, limited to railroad tracks, slide outs usually not allowed, can have a crew, limited public bling.

Fancy RV; coast to coast in several days, can go anywhere a reasonable road goes, limited crew space, lots of public bling

Lots of trade-offs......

My ideal would be a really nice Class A diesel with a contract driver team in a chase Class A. The lead vehicle would be just bedroom, bath and living space, with a small sink and microwave. The chase vehicle would house the kitchen and living space for the "crew", minimum of 3 people. They would prepare meals in the chase vehicle and drive both vehicles.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinc View Post
My ideal would be a really nice Class A diesel with a contract driver team in a chase Class A. The lead vehicle would be just bedroom, bath and living space, with a small sink and microwave. The chase vehicle would house the kitchen and living space for the "crew", minimum of 3 people. They would prepare meals in the chase vehicle and drive both vehicles.

Wait, you mean eerybody doesn't do it that way?

Glenn