Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #57

ok, since folks replied, I’ll put my post back..... I thought maybe I was being a bit too snarky

As for a similar senario as the Flamingos, is there some hidden meaning for adults that fill the dash / windshield (most often Class As) with stuffed animals which seems unusually to be Disney related?
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Or Polish from Cheektowaga. ;-)

There just seems to be groups of folks who love them.
Hey watch it or I'll throw my perogi at you........HAPPY belated Dyngus Day
Briandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Did a bit more looking. Union Plastics ceased production in 2006. New old stock is still available on E-bay. Ditto new imports. The imports are different than the originals.

FWIW - being an art Philistine I don't buy them as it is something else to mow around or maintain. I have other ways to spend my time. I do get a chuckle when someone complains about their neighbors having some. ;-)
Thanks. I'm not a fan, but the question was eating away at me.
BeyondBoundariesRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:53 AM   #60

Jayco Owners Club
I am proud of mine. I put those beauties out just to peturve people without a sense of humor
Old 05-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Well if their past their time and all that, Cracker Barrel restaurant hasn't got the news. [emoji1]

Their gift shop's full of 'em .
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:27 AM   #62

After reading the "hidden" meaning to flamingo's and pineapples, I've been paying way more attention to the decorations people are displaying at this campground. Did see 2 10" flamingos adorning a pop-up camper, but haven't seen the occupant(s), not that it matters.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #63

After seeing Flamingo's (real ones,not plastic) in Florida my wife fell in love with the darn things and we have little flamingo statues in flower pots, The garden etc.

Personally, I kinda' hate flamingos.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogus View Post
Where we live in Georgia, the Swingers symbol is a Pineapple. If you put any type of pineapple on your porch you're telling the 'hood you're a swinger and open for business. Found this out the hard way...[emoji23]

Pineapple paraphernalia is for sale all over the place believe it or not!
This may hit New Englanders with unexpected 'guests'. Since the days of sailing vessels pineapples have been a symbol of welcome. Upon the ships return to Port a pineapple would be placed over the Captain's front door threshold (or speared on a fence post) indicating the Captain's safe return and extending the invitation to visit.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #65

My aunt, a very successful professional woman who worked for the US Army in Washington, DC during WWII and later in Texas, France, Germany and Saigon, loved to prank her friends, colleagues and neighbors. After retiring she got bored and bought several pink flamingos and put them in her front yard as a joke knowing the neighbors thought they were "tacky."

After awhile the flamingos magically disappeared only to roost in one of the neighbor's yards where they remained for weeks. One day they were found in another neighbor's yard. Then another's yard.

An entire block of families enjoyed sharing custody of the flamingos for several years.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:06 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
It has something to do with breast cancer survivors. I wouldn't make fun of it

My son and some classmates were driven around by a teacher to place them in people’s lawns and the home owner would pay to have them removed. It was a fundraiser for cancer.
Peacewithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:10 AM   #67

Cool

No hidden meaning. Flamingos and RVs just go together. Any RVer who doesn't have at least "something" flamingo is demonstrating his/her socio-psychopathic tendencies.
DCMAC214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:30 AM   #68

My girlfriend back in the early 1980's with whom I spent a year camping all over the country,always wanted me to get an ear pierced. I told her I would when she could find me a pink flamingo earring. 30 odd years later she sends me a pair, so true to my word I had my ear pierced and wore it for awhile. Unfortunately they weren't very comfortable. The studs were too short.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #69
Commercial Member

i have one in the front flower bed. its a passive aggressive thing. my family hates them and its is a source of satisfaction to let them know whose in charge.they dont dare remove it. they will probably put in my casket just for revenge.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #70

My ex hates them - I have a flock by the front door so she can stare at them when she picks up the daughter for her weekends.
xrcris is offline   Reply With Quote