Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-02-2021, 06:34 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Teamfoxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,436
I've noticed that hoses are always stiffer in the mornings when it is cold. Blow the water out and leave them in the sun a while and they soften up.
__________________
TeamFoxy ~ Traveling North America
2011 Coachmen Mirada 32DS
2017 Chevy Equinox in tow.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2021, 06:15 AM   #16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LA, Lower Alabama
Posts: 2,430
A hose is an expendable part and should be replaced periodically. Just like a waste hose, get a new one, they are not that expensive. Some things have life cycles, hoses, filters, smoke/propane detectors, etc. Replace when defective.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:33 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
wildtoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,830
Back in 2006 I bought a fabric hose that came on a reel from CW, so 15 years ago. Reel bit the dust long ago but the hose is still working just fine. Most of those white plastic hoses are just garbage especially the one with plastic fittings. Especially crummy in cold weather. Zero G hoses seem ok. Recently I’ve bought a couple of Flexzilla hoses and they have good fittings, stay flexible, safe for drinking. Have not had long enough to determine how they hold up.
__________________
Tom Wilds

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Watertown NY USA
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
I've noticed that hoses are always stiffer in the mornings when it is cold. Blow the water out and leave them in the sun a while and they soften up.
Why bother unless you're going to roll the hose up right away? You'll be running cold water through the hose washing dishes, taking showers and flushing toilets so the hose will harden up some anyway. As the hose sits in the sun the water in the hose will warm and the hose will become soft anyway.
__________________
2002 Fleetwood Storm 30H on Workhorse P32 chassis 8.1 gas.
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:14 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Teamfoxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Why bother unless you're going to roll the hose up right away? You'll be running cold water through the hose washing dishes, taking showers and flushing toilets so the hose will harden up some anyway. As the hose sits in the sun the water in the hose will warm and the hose will become soft anyway.
I blow the water out, roll up the hose and attach the two ends together for storing or travel. I was just noting that when I put them away they are usually stiff, but are always flexible when I take them out. I leave the utility hose out, but always relieve the pressure on it after turning off the valve. It is always quite flexible when I go to use it.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:38 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Jayco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North Texas
Posts: 710
ZeroG hose experience to share. While I think they are great in the aspect of size when not in use, I did own one that the end connector broke off in the first year of use. When that occurred I found out I couldn't simply put a new end on it as with other hoses, but of even more concern I found a layer of black mold (or some black slime) coating the inside of the hose. I have never seen that with the white hoses, perhaps something in the manufacturing process causes this or something else, in any case it was very nasty inside the hose to say the least. ~CA

BTW, I wanted to add that the hose I am speaking of may not have been a ZeroG brand, however it may have been and for sure if not the same brand it was a similar style hose. If I had one still I would stick a swab in it and twirl it around and see what the swab looks like after I pulled it back out.
__________________
2010 Jayco GreyHawk 31SS
craigav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:22 AM   #21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LA, Lower Alabama
Posts: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
ZeroG hose experience to share. While I think they are great in the aspect of size when not in use, I did own one that the end connector broke off in the first year of use. When that occurred I found out I couldn't simply put a new end on it as with other hoses, but of even more concern I found a layer of black mold (or some black slime) coating the inside of the hose. I have never seen that with the white hoses, perhaps something in the manufacturing process causes this or something else, in any case it was very nasty inside the hose to say the least. ~CA

BTW, I wanted to add that the hose I am speaking of may not have been a ZeroG brand, however it may have been and for sure if not the same brand it was a similar style hose. If I had one still I would stick a swab in it and twirl it around and see what the swab looks like after I pulled it back out.
In other words you'd check it for covid then make it quarantine.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:55 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Watertown NY USA
Posts: 4,672
I bought a new 25' 5/8" hose last spring which appears to be the best hose I have ever used with any RV I've ever had. Strongly built connectors and it rolls up easily. The hose is drinking water safe and is lead free.
The hose was manufactured in the USA and has a lifetime guarantee. Mfg. by Teknor Apex co. in Rhode Island. I bought it from a local long time RV dealer and at a price of $16.89 plus tax I thought it was reasonably priced.
I kept the sales receipt as well as the card which the hose was affixed to in case I ever did have to have the hose warrantied. I know if I abuse or damage the hose they probably won't warranty it but if one of the connectors blew off it they probably would. I don't drag the hose around on gravel or blacktop. I drain the hose entirely after each use, store it in a compartment and in a clean plastic bag left opened slightly. A little care can go a long way in making something last.
__________________
2002 Fleetwood Storm 30H on Workhorse P32 chassis 8.1 gas.
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
johnhicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wandering below the Gnat Line
Posts: 1,418
Someone on Youtube posted a video showing black slime inside a Zero-G hose a while back. His analysis was that since it collapses flat it never dries out. I've also seen slime inside a white hose that was used as a drain and also never dried out.

I got it out of the hose by pouring in about a cup of bleach, connecting the ends, shuffling the bleach through the entire hose several times, letting it sit a while then thoroughly rinsing it. I think that would probably work fine for the Zero-G.
__________________
-jbh-
johnhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 267
Blog Entries: 1
I have to agree,bI figure they want you to buy more n more.
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:15 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 120
Viagra
xyzabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 49,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I bought a new 25' 5/8" hose last spring which appears to be the best hose I have ever used with any RV I've ever had. Strongly built connectors and it rolls up easily. The hose is drinking water safe and is lead free.
The hose was manufactured in the USA and has a lifetime guarantee. Mfg. by Teknor Apex co. in Rhode Island. I bought it from a local long time RV dealer and at a price of $16.89 plus tax I thought it was reasonably priced.
I kept the sales receipt as well as the card which the hose was affixed to in case I ever did have to have the hose warrantied. I know if I abuse or damage the hose they probably won't warranty it but if one of the connectors blew off it they probably would. I don't drag the hose around on gravel or blacktop. I drain the hose entirely after each use, store it in a compartment and in a clean plastic bag left opened slightly. A little care can go a long way in making something last.
Isn't Teknor Apex the folks that make the Zero-G?
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:26 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Wrascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 473
Last week, after fighting with my two older ordinary plastic hoses (cold, stiff, and easily kinked) I blindly purchased two Zero-G hoses.

Fingers crossed that I don't develop black plague.
__________________
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Honda CR-V FWD Ex-L
LA (Lower Alabama)
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:41 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Anaconda Mt.
Posts: 7
man made

It won't last long just like anything man made. It's called planned obsolescence. Nothing man made lasts very long, that's how companies stay in business...
nakita1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hose



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sandhills Curiosity Shop - Erik, OK CaptainGeezer Navigation, Routes & Roads 1 09-17-2015 03:29 PM
Curiosity Survey: iquailhunter Entegra Owner's Forum 19 04-30-2014 12:35 PM
Chevy 454 Air filter curiosity question. wildtoad MH-General Discussions & Problems 1 07-28-2010 07:26 PM
curiosity question... screws and tires gator67 Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 2 10-24-2008 01:45 PM
Wheel bearing service detail curiosity Paul T Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 1 10-07-2007 07:50 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.