Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #1

HOT Days Of Summer

During the Hot Days of summer and not able to store inside. How do you keep the interior of the coach Hydrated. So as not to allow the wood and finish from damage from the heat built up in the coach?
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
What do you consider "hot"? You've probably thought of this but do you have any vents you could leave slightly open?
borderboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Out here in the desert it gets hot and dry, 105 for weeks on end with less than 20% humidity. During those times I like to leave some of our cooking pans out with water in them and it seems to help. We get bad dust storms when the wind blows here so no vents are ever left open.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Our MH is outside and we keep the front A/C set to 80 degrees in the summer when not traveling.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:18 AM   #5

Mine sits in the driveway and I'm constantly opening and closing windows. The awning goes out after every rain (frequently) this summer. And the Vents are almost always open.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #6

My interior has all solid cherry with burl wood inserts through out. It is a 2000 and over the years some of the burl wood is starting to delaminate because of the interior heat. I have taken out the few that have and repair and reshot the finish to factory. Just would like to know what some of the others have done to prevent this. I will now be leaving open water in the coach to hydrate the interior. I have heard the Palm Springs dealers doing this also in that dry heat. Thank You for the reply
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:10 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I place about 15 gallon jugs, cut in half, around the interior of the MH with water in them. The jugs are not milk cartons, they are too thin, but the heavier jugs like windshield washer fluid comes in. I put a black mark on the side, and fill to that mark, so it's easy to tell how much water is used. In this heat, they use lots of water.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #8

Keep both AC's set on 85.