Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2022, 02:11 PM   #1

Hot To Get Medications On The Road ?

we're planning on traveling 3-5 months at a time, so how do we get our meds ? Two of mine I need refills every two months.
ZooOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2022, 02:31 PM   #2

We had excellent luck with WalMart as we moved around. They can be transferred easily from store to store.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 03:56 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
WE just transfer meds (currently Wal Greens) to where ever we are at the time we need refills. Has not been a problem for the last 5 years.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:37 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
We placed our prescriptions with Walmart because they are almost everywhere. Never had a refill problem.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:45 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Hot To Get Medications On The Road ?

Restricted meds get more complicated. Usually cannot transfer, so you need to chech ahead of your trip and figure if you have any. Pain meds for example.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:15 PM   #6

Good to know and their easy to locate as their on every corner in America !
Old 05-30-2022, 07:06 PM   #7
NXR

We use the GoodRx app because it compares prescription prices at all local pharmacies. Their prices, somehow, often are far cheaper than insurance.

Whenever I have a refill coming due, I look at the GoodRx app to find the cheapest place. Then I google

transfer prescription online to ________

and use the name of the pharmacy. It always finds their online transfer page. I fill it in and presto, I get an email confirming the transfer and it's usually ready the same day or the next day. Yes, it works across state lines.

No, the same pharmacy is not always the cheapest at refill time.

The widest range of price for the exact same drug, dose, and quantity was $19.95 as the low and $102 as the high, at pharmacies about a mile and a half apart. The only constant is that CVS is always the most expensive. Guess which one was the CVS price?

Ray
Old 06-01-2022, 05:18 AM   #8

I use the CVS mail order phamacy and have presciptions sent wherever I am going to be. Just be sure to ask the campground you are, or will be, staying at their policy on receiving packages. I found that most will accept medication shipments and hold them until you arrive as long as they know in advance.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:16 AM   #9

If you have a prescription plan, you need to check for "preferred" providers. We stay with CVS as much as possible, but any reputable drug store can get a prescription filled once you provide them with the required information. But, if it is not a preferred provider, the co-pay may be higher.

If you don't have a plan, you can always have the doctor that prescribed the medication send a script to the drug store you want to use.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaone View Post
Restricted meds get more complicated. Usually cannot transfer, so you need to chech ahead of your trip and figure if you have any. Pain meds for example.
So correct. We ran into the situation where our local pharmacy transferred it to a Walgreens in the Keys. We went to pick it up but the pharmacy was shut down 3 days for repairs. A restricted med cannot be transferred a second time so we were out of luck.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
So correct. We ran into the situation where our local pharmacy transferred it to a Walgreens in the Keys. We went to pick it up but the pharmacy was shut down 3 days for repairs. A restricted med cannot be transferred a second time so we were out of luck.
Wouldn't want to do without my main meds. Scarry...
Old 06-02-2022, 06:14 AM   #12

Every state is different in their laws about transferring prescriptions. We found New York the hardest state to work with.

We use Walmart for all of our prescriptions refills no matter where we are. Try and get your doctor to write the prescription for 90 day refills. Always get them refilled a week ahead just incase you run into trouble.

Pain meds can be a real problem though. Lots of states will make you go to a instate doctor to get a scrip written in that state.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:57 AM   #13

I have used Walgreens without any issue. Their online refill and transfer is easy. Just make sure you send the refill notice to the right Walgreens address. where I run into issues is the number of refills. Make sure there are enough refills for your trip. If not talk to your Doc before you leave and get some added.

Don't count everyday, Make everyday count
Grabcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:07 PM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We switched from a locally-owned pharmacy to Wal-Mart so we can get our prescriptions wherever we go!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat