Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #1

Has anyone ever contemplated an RV Site Swap similar to the House swap concept. Or Rv site swap in exchange for ..what ever. I am active in Yankee Swaps and also familiar with House swapping, that is swapping ones house for travel purposes with someone or a family from another locality such as another country and using their property in exchange for ones own.
We have set up an RV site on our farm where we can acomodate up to four RVs w/ electric and provide H20 as well as arange for dumping. We have thought about swapping with others in another part of the state and country. We are developing the site with landscape work and fireplaces, as well as renovating the farm which has 18 rooms/ barns and other areas to address. We have also thought about exchanging the site for help on this work. We also have a pool house and other jobs folks could do in exchange for staying for a few days... I would be interested in anyone else who would consider these ideas, or who might be doing this already.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #2

Has anyone ever contemplated an RV Site Swap similar to the House swap concept. Or Rv site swap in exchange for ..what ever. I am active in Yankee Swaps and also familiar with House swapping, that is swapping ones house for travel purposes with someone or a family from another locality such as another country and using their property in exchange for ones own.
We have set up an RV site on our farm where we can acomodate up to four RVs w/ electric and provide H20 as well as arange for dumping. We have thought about swapping with others in another part of the state and country. We are developing the site with landscape work and fireplaces, as well as renovating the farm which has 18 rooms/ barns and other areas to address. We have also thought about exchanging the site for help on this work. We also have a pool house and other jobs folks could do in exchange for staying for a few days... I would be interested in anyone else who would consider these ideas, or who might be doing this already.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #3

Hi Chinchilla, I guess what you want to do would be called "workcamping" If you give people a place to park with all the S/W/E what would you expect in return? Where are you located? IS there anything around that would draw people? In other words....why should they come to you?

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #4

Thanks for the comment, actually if one were simply trading home sites it wouldn't be work camping. Specifically we are located in mid-upstate NY high on a hill-mini mountain overlooking the tri state area/ NY-Mass & Vt. Bennington,Vt. is at the bottom of our hill to the east. Saratoga is 35-40 minutes/ Williams- Clark Art and the Berkshires range from 20 min. to 40 min. Tanglewood/to the south 40 min. Lake George to the North 40. minutes. Our favorate area is Manchester, Vt. If I could figure out how to upload pictures of our site and the great views which we wake up to when we sleep in the rv then you'd fall in love with the spot as we did. Just the place has required much more work than we can handle alone. I'll try to upload a few shots.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:09 PM   #5

Sorry Chincilla, we do not have an RV site to swap. Thought you just were going after the help.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #6

Let me clarify, I simply was presenting the idea #1 that swapping- such as home sites would be interesting. Secondly we are not establishing any formal RV cg/ site rather we have what could be a beautiful location and a home base site on our property which, I guess what I was pondering was that if folks traveling
might want to use it/ and exchange for say some work or what have you- well that"s what I was pondering. If you are familiar with home swaps I think the idea which I am also throwing out to others who have the facilities to site swap is an neat idea. Great ideas happen from simply sharing ideas with others and daring to be a creative thinker. My extended family members have traveled around the world doing house swaps, and met some wonderful folks doing it. I guess I need to practice getting back on this forum thing again as we have had what might call a h... of a year and haven't had the time nor energy to even think about camping, now my energy and interest is renewed and I'm getting
itchy about getting out there with the rv and folks once again (if we dare).
Old 11-07-2006, 05:30 AM   #7

We are a retired couple who are wondering if it might be possible to find a couple willing to swap use of their RV over the summer of 2007 (may-october) for the use of one or both of our homes, one in South Africa and one in the UK. I know it's not the kind of swap you were thinking of, but someone might come across the idea and find it attractive!
Tehase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #8

I own a share in an RV development called a UDI(kind of like a combination of ownership and a timeshare). I'm going to check with them to see if time slots in there are tradeable. We might be interested in swapping.

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote