Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #15

Always have someone move into the house. Children, adult grandchildren, or one of their friends.
My neighbors went away for 2weeks leaving the house unattended and did not tell the neighbors on the street. The rubber hose to the washing machine burst. By the time it was noticed on the street the damage to the house was extensive.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
For many years I did not have anyone staying at my house when I was gone (never for more than a couple of weeks). I have a yard service and pool company that come once a week. I've had both companies for 20 years so trust both.The worst that happened was when lightning hit the house - no fire, but LOTS of problems with fried appliances.
Fortunately, now my daughter has moved back home so she keeps an eye on everything when I am away.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
Wireless being battery or just communications? If battery, they are rated for long enough between visits?
The sensors connect to the system via wireless broadcast and the sensors are battery powered except for the video camera which requires a wall plug as does the control panel. The control panel has a battery backup that will last 24 hours. The sensor batteries will last from 2 years to over 5 years depending on the type of sensor. The simple sensors like door opening warning have 3 volt lithium batteries and last 5 yrs +. The more complex sensors use AAA batteries and last 2 to five yrs.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #18

Thank you, will check them out.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
We have not had good luck with house sitters that stay ft at our house, so we now have camera plus our security system. We and our security company has access to our system and cameras.

We hired a friends son to cut the grass and his mom and sibling come over to hang out while he does this. The kids swim and mom relaxes, waters out inside plants etc.

Works best for us.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote