Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoakken View Post
+1 on scrubbing bubbles. I use that stuff on every thing .
Doesn't the scrubbing bubbles product remove wax or sealant on the paint? (My coach doesn't have a clear bra on it, so I like to put a wax/sealant on the paint.)

By the way, I'm the OP and I greatly appreciate everyone's input.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2019, 03:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ55 View Post
Doesn't the scrubbing bubbles product remove wax or sealant on the paint? (My coach doesn't have a clear bra on it, so I like to put a wax/sealant on the paint.)

By the way, I'm the OP and I greatly appreciate everyone's input.
Yeah, the Bubbles does remove wax, BUT, aside from automotive car wash soap, almost every other cleaner that has been mentioned will remove wax, including rubbing the surface with dryer sheets.
The thing about Bubbles is that it is not a harsh cleaner like Simple Green or others of the same make up.
It's just easier, at least for me, to simply spray Bubbles on and brush it off with a telescoping brush rather then try to rub down a front cap with a dryer sheet the size of a tissue. For me that would be wasting my time.
Oh yeah, it also removes black streaks better than any of the commerical stuff I've tried. Lot cheaper too.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another fan here of just using damp dryer sheets... Used to use these on the front of our 5'er back when we had it. Now use the same thing on the front of the MH/windshield. The cheap Dollar Store ones work just as well as the name brand ones...
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:23 AM   #32

Anyone mention hydrogen peroxide? A quick squirt from a spray bottle and wipe it off.
Us N 2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Us N 2dogs View Post
Anyone mention hydrogen peroxide? A quick squirt from a spray bottle and wipe it off.

That is certainly cheaper than buying Bugs-n-All. Does the peroxide remove wax?
tbos1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbos1958 View Post
That is certainly cheaper than buying Bugs-n-All. Does the peroxide remove wax?
Yes, peroxide will remove wax. So does just about any "cleaner", solvent, dryer sheet, alcohol, the Scrubbing Bubbles I use, ect. Only product that will not remove wax is a dedicated automotive car wash soap. They pretty much all state on their bottles that they do not remove wax.
There are probably some automotive bug/tar cleaners that may not remove wax, or may have some type of wax in their make up, but that stuff can be expensive.
Thing is tho, even if the product you use does remove a coat of wax, your basically only talking about the front cap, so it's not a big deal to re-wax it. On our class c it takes me 20 minutes or so to re wax. No biggie, and I do end up with a clean front end.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I may have missed it in the thread but I have not seen the "Viking Microfiber Bug & Mesh Car Cleaning Sponge - Multi-Purpose" mentioned. I've been using one on our RV's for years now with a bucket of warm mild soapy water. Bugs seem to come off instantly with little elbow grease- love bugs included. Can't beat it as a permanent $3.00 one time (until it wears out) solution.

Weird part is the DW and I always fight over who is going to get to use it when we wash. Guess I better pick up another one.,
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #36

Speaking of bugs. Has anyone seen the recent articles about bug die offs?

Admittedly, I don't RV much during the summer but I do remember back in the 50s and 60s, summertime travel cross country required stopping frequently to clean the windshield and headlights, sometimes every 100 miles in the MidWest.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:20 PM   #37

I also use hydrogen peroxide in a small Rubbermaid style tub and a squeegee on an extension pole, it is cheap enough that I just pour a quart bottle into the tub, and dip the squeegee in as needed to get the bugs off the glass.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #38
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've been using Rejex for years and love it. Before any trip we always treat the front cap with another coat, windshield too. The few bugs that get stuck come off easily with a damp dryer sheet.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:50 PM   #39

Bugs N' All....spray on, wait 10 seconds, wipes em' right off......done!!!

Let's go get a brew!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:00 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Warren View Post
Ok stupid question (yes I do believe there are stupid questions[emoji848]). I just looked on Amazon for Rejex and there were numerous products. Which one is best for my fiberglass cap and body paint? Thanks

I use this one on my Sprinter. It works on finerglass, painted metal like the hood, and the windshield/headlights. Bugs just wipe off with a damp rag.

https://www.amazon.com/CorrosionX-61...+paint+sealant
AudiDudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #41

I ride a motorcycle, I learned the Peroxide trick years ago. Spray it on, let it sit for while, and wash it off. You'll be surprised how much those dead critters foam up and disolve. Never noticed it taking the wax off though. Peroxide is nothing more than hydrogenated water. H2O2 and H20.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:30 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwinger View Post
I ride a motorcycle, I learned the Peroxide trick years ago. Spray it on, let it sit for while, and wash it off. You'll be surprised how much those dead critters foam up and disolve. Never noticed it taking the wax off though. Peroxide is nothing more than hydrogenated water. H2O2 and H20.
That's really Oxygenated water
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote