Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just realized after my post, heck I purchased my current MH USED sight unseen as well, did not even see a photo of it, no idea what color it was or anything. Just went off the guy's word that it was loaded, spent 40K in upgrades to it, only had 3,400 miles on it, never been in an accident, and was always garaged. Did not even meet the previous owner until a year after owning the MH, we ended up both on the same hunting lease for a weekend Goose Hunting.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #44

delivery is easy.. that is not the problem you will have... with that said a 400 mile round trip is easy for a Saturday Sunday trip, like almost all others have said make the trip and drive it home
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
Don't sweat the delivery, everything is under warranty.
I would be careful with that statement. There are plenty of things and RVs that are not.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:42 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDonkey View Post
What about ordering a new unit from a local dealer, if you don't need it for six months it should not be a problem.

Just so you know I bought my new (to me) RV from across the country with just pictures and an inspection and had no issues. I did drive a local model that was the same, and have had really no issues just questions about it.
The problem is that there is no local dealer. The dealership 200 miles away is the closet to me. Like you, I drove a local model that is owned by an acquaintance. I can't even find a dealership near me that has a used model.
Jeannine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpower View Post
delivery is easy.. that is not the problem you will have... with that said a 400 mile round trip is easy for a Saturday Sunday trip, like almost all others have said make the trip and drive it home
If I could make the trip, I would. I cannot be more than an hour's drive from work due to a project I'm working on. I do not have extended time off for myself other than to sleep. This will last for the next few months. Once work is done, I want to take off in my rv. I'd rather not spend my first days of leisure hanging around an rv dealership. I'm done with that process
Old 05-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just my experience. I ordered a brand new MH to be delivered. It was in such bad shape when it arrived we refused it and sent it back to the factory where they had it for an additional 3 months. The top line dealer even called us saying your MH was ready when nothing worked including the air system. That is the risk buying sight unseen. I know I will never do it again.
Where is the additional risk of having it delivered? If an rv is defective, it won't be accepted. Nobody would accept a defective rv whether if it was delivered or you picked it up at the dealership.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:06 PM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Just make sure there is a warranty, and check around for local rv repair places who offer warranty repairs. Things do happen along the way, we managed to get a few warranty repairs done closer to home. A great safety net.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:09 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
This has been a very funny thread for sure. Jeannie, I purchased my first BRAND NEW motorhome for a dealer 200+ miles away, sight unseen. I made them throw in the delivery to my home as part of the deal. They were happy to do so, and the guy who delivered it said he does this all the time.
It's been a funny thread for me as well. I think some people are just not comfortable buying sight unseen, even if that method has worked flawlessly for many others. I've also bought 3 brand new cars from out of state and had them delivered to my house. I was comfortable with the process. Many people could never imagine doing that
Old 05-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #51

I think its funny that you would compare the delivery of a new car, to the delivery of a new MH. The process is naturally the same, but the odds of having problems, are infinitely higher with a new MH compared to a new car.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #52

Workhorse Chassis Owner
when you contact the rv dealer advise them what you what, I can assure you that they will gladly deliver a motorhome to your location, as long as they know the situation at the time of purchase. If they don't want to work with you, call another dealer, Gale
galeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
I think its funny that you would compare the delivery of a new car, to the delivery of a new MH. The process is naturally the same, but the odds of having problems, are infinitely higher with a new MH compared to a new car.
I wasn't comparing the two. My point was that many people aren't comfortable with buying a car sight unseen, let alone an rv. My gosh. Why does anyone care so much about how I get an rv? Let it go. My original question was whether it was possible, not whether I should do it
Old 05-29-2015, 02:41 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannine111 View Post
I wasn't comparing the two. My point was that many people aren't comfortable with buying a car sight unseen, let alone an rv. My gosh. Why does anyone care so much about how I get an rv? Let it go. My original question was whether it was possible, not whether I should do it
There's no need to get so upset. With social forums, you get all replies. Like when someone asks you a question; usually it's more than yes or no.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote