Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2023, 04:15 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I completely agree with Holenwald48. Pick it up and take it to a reputable repair facility that knows what they are doing. You will get it back fixed and faster than dealing with Cramping World.

Then persue them for repair refunds and damages, especially if this all out of pocket.

Best of luck and take care.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2023, 04:22 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With others, NEVER ever buy anything from Camping World or get service there. Way too many troubles.

You have a few options all listed above.

Good luck...

Shop dealers and service centers as much or more than the RV. Do your homework before buying anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:28 AM   #17

I'll offer some insights based on my experience. First though, I agree you've been treated unfairly and are right to be frustrated. Second, most of my experience is with their competitor, Giant Recreation World. I had a similar experience with my class-C, spent hours at the dealership making my case and waiting (watching their interactions with others, listening to their end of phone calls, etc).

I eventually decided the RV industry has a different culture than I expected, and I'd need to adapt. I went into it expecting something along the lines of vehicle culture -- a new vehicle is expected to be perfect, and the dealers will generally correct any deficiency fairly quickly and/or provide a loaner in the interim. They don't want your car taking up space on their lot, and especially not in their garage bay.

RVs on the other hand seem to be delivered to dealer 80-90% ready with significant rework and repair required prior to real use. My 12 month warranty was completely consumed by time at the dealer fixing a few things (one was a new roof).

These approaches worked for me.

1. Always give them a deadline when you expect to go camping. I would make stuff up, telling them I plan to go out three weeks from when I dropped it off. They need deadlines. Down side is if they can't make it, you may end up picking it up and dropping off again, or explaining that you were able to move your plans out another week.

2. Call frequently. Be nice. Kill them with kindness. If they don't answer the phones, show up and be nice. By the end of a week I knew everyone's name in the service department and could recognize their voice. It keeps you top of mind and it's harder to ignore you.

3. Write down everything they tell you, when you were told, who told you. You'll never hold anyone to anything, but them seeing and hearing you write things down seemed to help them commit.

In my case everyone acted like they were on vacation all the time. There was no urgency. All coordination between them and the manufacturer was pushed by me on both ends. It was a royal PITA and they will never see my RV again (I have a good independent repair facility and I'm pretty handy). My final advice is don't go into it thinking you're going to fix anybody or change an industry -- you're not. Set a goal like minimizing your own pain and getting your RV fixed and out the door so you never need to come back.

Good luck!
ChesterRVs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:39 AM   #18

If it was a “Camping World Thing” it would be great, just one business to avoid.
Unfortunately it is a systemic problem through the whole industry. Manufacturers are slow at processing warranty claims and shipping parts. Dealers are understaffed and overwhelmed with repairing defective RV’s.
I was also a service manager in an automobile dealership. The difference is numerous regulatory agencies oversee car and truck quality, safety and warranties . RV manufacturers largely oversee themselves with little regulatory oversight.
Secret to RV sanity and happiness is tossing the warranty card out the window and learning to fix it yourself.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:48 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Time to take it to another shop. Just don't bring it to Campers Inn. They cost me a lot of money.
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:39 PM   #20

Is that the Artic Fox I saw parked in the Camping World lot with a "For Sale" sign in the window? Only kidding!

It seems that for the last year or two (no political implications implied) that everything takes twice as long and cost twice as much as they did before. Twenty hour service now means twenty four days (working days) and a quickie Lube now requires making an appointment two weeks in advance. Maybe if we paid more people to stay home it would improve.
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 04:19 PM   #21

Find a local owned shop to fix it. Don’t EVER go to Camping World.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 05:32 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Victims of Marcus Lemonis

A place where real people speak out to share horror stories of
Camping World CEO and CNBC's "The Profit," Marcus Lemonis

https://www.victimsofmarcuslemonis.com/

Quote:
Share Your Story, Save Someone Else...

A Place Where Victims Can Share Their Voices

If you've found your way to this website, you have probably encountered some negative experience with "the Profit" Marcus Lemonis and his Camping World brand. All across the nation, people are stepping forward and sharing their Camping World Horror Stories and we believe those numbers only represent the tip of the iceberg.

If you've had the misfortune of doing business with Lemonis or any of his Camping World locations, this is the place to share your story. Use this space to go into a little more detail about your experience and upload any relevant photos.

We hope by sharing our stories and exposing the truth behind the business practices of Camping World, we will help save others from such occurrences.
DFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:03 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
RV Driver said it best CAMPING WORLD. There service departments are terrible. My experience was with the one in Augusta Ga. Fortunately I found CSRA Camperland in Augusta. Family owned and top shelf people to work with.
Reuscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:41 PM   #24

Pick the coach up and hire an attorney to oursue damages with CW. The AZ AG will attempt to mediate the problem but will not really get anything done. You might also contact AF and see if they will authorize and independent shop to do the repairs.
dives2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 06:50 PM   #25

https://lemonlawgrouppartners.com/no...edium=referral
rkbeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:11 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Go to the RV.net site and near the top is a link to "Dear Marcus". When we had an issue a few years ago, we got not back from a manager wanting our phone number which I gave to him. He called back, listened to my problem and solved it plus a free year of their emergency medical plan.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:39 PM   #27

Go to the media and hire a lawyer!
Hit them in their pocketbook!
almacd1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:12 AM   #28

Been there done that with Camping World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowD View Post
We took our fifth wheel in to Camping World after we returned home from a four month 8,900 mile trip to Canada. We had warranty issues including our Lippert Auto Leveling System showing jack fault errors on the control panel, a center jack that we wire tired up because it failed raise. We had required maintenance completed including new brakes.

We dropped it off on November 1, 2022 and since we did not get a call we called at the end of December and was told all maintenance and repairs were completed and we scheduled a day to pick it up. When we arrived we were told to pay and they would move the trailer out for pick up. I backed to truck up and opened the cubby door to access the Auto Leveling System to raise the fifth wheel to back the truck under. We got the same error message "Jack Fault Error" and not all jacks would drop to the ground. The front end would not raise high enough to load on the gooseneck. after about an hour watching the tech trying to reset the jacks to "zero calibration" we were told to leave it so they can find the issue call the warranty company "Good Sam" and order any needed parts to complete the repair.

We were called the beginning of January and were told the repairs were complete and to come pick it up. We backed the truck up and went through the process with the Auto Leveling System again to load the fifth wheel only to find out we were getting the same fault messages again and would not be taking it home once again.

We did our usual walk around to learn that the drivers side was scraped and creased and the Arctic Fox Decal was also damaged.

In addition the Fifth wheel Pin Box that we had them install in May of 2022 was severly damaged from being pushed around with a forklift.

They agreed to expedite the warranty Auto Leveling System and repair all damages.

Now we are approaching six months without use of our trailer and have been told parts have been ordered and when they arrive they will expedite the repairs and call us.

I have raised my issue with corporate and upper management and have been treated very un-professional and cannot get any defenite answers.

I am a retired Parts Director for multi dealership franchises and have never treated any customer like this in my entire career.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
I too had a similar experience a few months ago in Mesa at CW. Took 5th wheel toy hauler in for lock bar install and what they said would be 3 days was 3 weeks. Every time I bring it in they pull it to the back with a forklift. Never a problem and when I went to office to pick up trailer, they said to go back to stall to pick it up as the forklift operator said he can't move it because he didn't have the correct plate? Pin plate I assumed. Brought home, parked it in front of house and then a friend came with me to storage to assist in backing and to run his generator on his coach. Parked the trailer and walked to rear to plug in solar on back door and saw my squashed ladder on the side and dents and scrapes on left rear from bottom corner to about 7 feet up. No marks on the lock bars but underneath there was. I called to service and got the, "Gee I didn't see anything when you left. How do we know it wasn't there when you brought in?" Called corporate and...Oh my God! That guy sounded like I owed him money! Rude and not exactly the customer retention type!
DaveCindyGo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, service