Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
1UP USA, just go to the link for all the information.

Bill
Thanks Bill. I did nt even see the address when I asked. Looks pretty sturdy
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour2Lane View Post
I think this rack is way to wimpy to carry 2-50lb ebikes AND you want a rack that supports the bikes, not one that the bikes hang from. Look at Thule, Kuat, Swagman, One Up. Sorry, but the right rack will cost way more than $149. Mike
Yea I hear what you are saying. I read the reviews because I thought the same thing. I read from many of the reviews that this rack is surprisingly robust. Another plus is that it sticks out beyond the spare on my wrangler. Thanks for the suggestions. I do like the full support racks
Old 03-09-2019, 09:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsfla View Post
I have a Swagman X-C2 rack carry 1 ebike and a 7 speed cruiser style bike for 3 years no problem. I see Swagman has a couple of E Bike specific racks out now with 60lb to 64lb per bike rating. They are a platform type rack where the tires sit in " baskets" and center tube clamped to a vertical in the rack frame real secure. The names of the ebike new racks are Escapees ( rv approved) and e-spec

www.swagman.net
We have the Escapee rack. Nice solid RV RATED rack. I only haul regular mountain bikes in ours.
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:18 PM   #32

I carry my EBike on a Thule Classic that attaches to my 2" Receiver. This allows me to move it between my Ram Truck, Jeep Wrangler or my Alante Motorhome. I had our local Machine Shop modify mine to allow me to carry three bikes, so it does stick out from my bumpers a ways, but it has never been a problem. When I purchased my Bike, I was told that the wheels must be supported when it is being transported. When I am pulling my Jeep as a TOAD, my bikes are on the back of the Jeep. JH
micpib1354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Modified & reinforced a WalMart offset hitch to work with my surge break hitch. The Swagman 2 bike rack works well to Cary my 2 Ebikes. Sorry about poor lighting. The black cable near top is part of security. Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2E27DE1C-5DDE-453D-A8D9-A63B921886B8.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	420.6 KB
ID:	237745   Click image for larger version

Name:	100A0703-8D21-41AA-A33D-06D7127157B3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	373.6 KB
ID:	237746  

Old 03-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petcar View Post
Modified & reinforced a WalMart offset hitch to work with my surge break hitch. The Swagman 2 bike rack works well to Cary my 2 Ebikes. Sorry about poor lighting. The black cable near top is part of security. Peter

What kind of e bikes do you ? according to their web site it is only rated for 30lb bikes.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
Here is something I just found. Good reviews. Anyone know this product.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrate...ding-bike-rack
I want to thank everyone for all your help and suggestions. I went with the quadratec because of the great reviews. This thing is a beast. I called the bike manufacturer and he said a hanging rack would be just fine if it was rated for the weight. This is not a walmart special. We see what happens. If does nt work out then I am not out much money.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #36

We have two folding Pedego bikes that we carry in the back seat of our Ford Focus.
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:46 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Schulz View Post
We have two folding Pedego bikes that we carry in the back seat of our Ford Focus.
That is a nice way to haul your bikes
Old 03-28-2019, 10:16 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
I did a bit of research, and the follow-on to the 1UP rack seems far superior to anything else out there. Trouble is, the Quik Rack Mach 2 is sold out with no word on when more will be available.
I am getting an Overdrive Sport 2-bike rack off Amazon for $225. It can handle 2, 60 pound bikes. Mine are 63 each, but taking the battery off for travel saves 7 lbs. per bike.
I really want a ramp to load them, and hope the Quik Rack becomes available soon. I plan to sell the Overdrive rack when it is. I would get the 1UP, but don't want to sink that much money into a rack I plan to sell. The Quik Rack design is that good.
Eldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldn View Post
I did a bit of research, and the follow-on to the 1UP rack seems far superior to anything else out there. Trouble is, the Quik Rack Mach 2 is sold out with no word on when more will be available.
I am getting an Overdrive Sport 2-bike rack off Amazon for $225. It can handle 2, 60 pound bikes. Mine are 63 each, but taking the battery off for travel saves 7 lbs. per bike.
I really want a ramp to load them, and hope the Quik Rack becomes available soon. I plan to sell the Overdrive rack when it is. I would get the 1UP, but don't want to sink that much money into a rack I plan to sell. The Quik Rack design is that good.
Looks like a very nice rack. but it looks mighty close to the back of the vehicle. I have a tj so i need something that can get around the spare.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
We use a Yakima HoldUp rack, and it works great for our two bikes. Max weight is 60 pounds per bike, but with you saying you need to get around a tire I don’t know if it would work for you. You could check out the measurement at a shop to see if it would fit your specific combination though. I like the way it supports both wheels of both bikes completely solid. We leave it on the Jeep Grand Cherokee we have so we can go to local bike trails Not next to a campground.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
We use a Yakima HoldUp rack, and it works great for our two bikes. Max weight is 60 pounds per bike, but with you saying you need to get around a tire I don’t know if it would work for you. You could check out the measurement at a shop to see if it would fit your specific combination though. I like the way it supports both wheels of both bikes completely solid. We leave it on the Jeep Grand Cherokee we have so we can go to local bike trails Not next to a campground.
Thats what we are hoping to do
Old 03-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #42

Good Question! After spending so much for an E-Bike you want to make sure the bike rack can handle it!

I found this good list of different bike racks, hope it helps!

https://rvingreviews.com/towing/best-rv-bike-racks/