Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #1

How do you take a decent shower?

I've adapted pretty well to just about everything, from no counter space in the kitchen to very little storage space to interior temperatures of 100º+ everyday. The one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get a decent shower.

The shower is about 26" x 30" and there has to be a curtain on three sides, which limits the space even more. The showerhead is that plastic hand shower that's mounted on the wall and way to low for anyone over about 5'4". It feels like that episode of Seinfeld with the low-flow shower heads. I never feel really clean.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvo View Post
I've adapted pretty well to just about everything, from no counter space in the kitchen to very little storage space to interior temperatures of 100º+ everyday. The one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get a decent shower.

The shower is about 26" x 30" and there has to be a curtain on three sides, which limits the space even more. The showerhead is that plastic hand shower that's mounted on the wall and way to low for anyone over about 5'4". It feels like that episode of Seinfeld with the low-flow shower heads. I never feel really clean.
Yup ... I'm 6' 3" and mostly use the campground showers unless they are too icky.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #3

100 degrees inside? Air conditioners not holding up their end of the bargain?

To get a better shower experience, water wise, you could install a newer higher pressure /volume water pump and a new shower head. If you want you can even modify or remove the water saver feature. I have on my shower head and it is a lot better. If we have sewer hookup, we prefer the coach shower over all most any campground shower stall we have experienced.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post

To get a better shower experience, water wise, you could install a newer higher pressure /volume water pump and a new shower head. If you want you can even modify or remove the water saver feature. I have on my shower head and it is a lot better. If we have sewer hookup, we prefer the coach shower over all most any campground shower stall we have experienced.

Stay at Hilton Head Island RV Resort sometime ... but it is well above average.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Daytime I'm on battery only. No generator. At night time I've got a 15 amp circuit available, but it runs some other stuff (not sure exactly what) and my AC specs say it takes 14.9 amps, so probably not even then unless I turn off the water heater unplug the refrigerator and don't use the microwave.

I can deal with the heat better than never feeling clean.

Maybe look for a cheap gym membership?
Old 06-04-2016, 05:01 PM   #6

How do you take a decent shower?

Oxygenix shower wand, and turn on the onboard pump with the camp water. Magic!
Don't carry your stuff to the camp shower in your alluring kimono. Unless y'all have athletes foot already.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #7

Disconnect the camper from the water hook up and use a hose with a spray nozzle. Let your wife spray you down. It will make her as happy as you will be.
Lynn
Old 06-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #8

Personally, our shower is pretty well sorted. A neo angle shower with glass door big enough for two and the shower head is on a sliding rod so we can move it up and down to accommodate.
As to improving your shower experience: I'd start with repositioning the shower handle. I haven't seen your shower but you could opt for a higher shower pipe or a sliding shower head mounting rod. Then you can replace that shower head with the Oxygenics shower spa head (uses just under 2gpm and has 5 settings). Great shower head, you just need to add a shut off valve at the base. The lower flow rate will really make your hot water last too. If you have a shower curtain, I've seen expanding shower curtains that open up plenty of elbow room while closing back down when done. A tankless water heater to put and end to the "navy" showers and a higher pressure water pump (I recently moved to the Revolution 55psi 4.5gpm pump) for plenty of pressure and flow.

Just a few random thoughts. . . .
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:14 PM   #9

Evergreen Owners Club
Might want to upgrade to a different unit. I have no issues with counter space, AC temperatures or showering!
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:14 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Planet Fitness nearby? $10/month. That's a cheap daily shower, about 33 cents/day. Make sure the nearby club has a shower room before you pay up.

I have no trouble getting a good shower in my trailer, since I got the shower curtain extender. http://amzn.com/B0031XXW4O
Old 06-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #11

Your shower hose has a flow restrictor in it

Disconnect hose from faucet..remove restrictor
If you can not remove it just enlarge the hole using a drill bit
Some are in hose..some may be in shower head handle

Get rid of them and you can enjoy your RV shower
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #12

I should have included a picture (note the original Mary Tyler Moore Show wallpaper)!

Old 06-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Consider changing out the shower head to an Oxygenics RV shower head. It deals very well with the pressure from the water pump and the pressure from a hose bib. You also need more room, so consider the shower curtain extension I posted. I have broad shoulders, and it really helped give more more room in the shower.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a suggestion:

Fill a bucket with good warm or hot water. Put it on your toilet seat or floor. Take your shower, get clean and washed off and then bring the bucket into the shower with you and pour it over you to get the clean well rinsed feeling you want.

Until you get this figured out, it might make the experience a bit better for you.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower