Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #15

Mississippi state bulldog here! I take off every home game Friday so I can be set up by noon on Friday and light the grill. Fridays are usually just the people staying in the RVs but Saturday every bodies family and friends start arriving for the game. I cooked a whole hog for the last game last year and fed the whole street. It's amazing how many friends you make when you carry a bathroom with you to a SEC football game. Hey Aggie fan, welcome to the SEC. If you decide to come to Sippi this year for a game, give me a holler and I will tell you where to park and feed you something fattening and offer you a cold beverage. I heard that Addidas has special uniforms for us both for this years game to try and differentiate between the two since our colors are just alike.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #16

Does camping on the beach BBQing count?
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun
Does camping on the beach BBQing count?
Only if a game of some kind breaks out, if not its just BBQing on the beach.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
Have not used it for tailgating per say but have used it for daughter graduation from UF a couple times ...
hmmmmmm ... a couple times? Most graduate only once! LOL!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
first she got a BS. and we all know what that stands for. then she got an MS, which means "More of the Same". then she got her PhD. that would be "Piled Higher and Deeper".
Old 06-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Oh yeah. And have for several years. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State both have booster clubs, and area's exclusive for RV parking. You are assigned a space that includes 50 amp electrical service for each home game, and the OSU State Rangers as the club is called, sponsors one road game a year. It is a fun thing. We will have a band a couple of games, an ice cream social, a BarBQ dinner, at least one pot luck dinner. You see all kinds of rigs, from small trailers up to zillion dollar custom motorhomes. Folks are always friendly. Most arrive on Friday night, and depart mid day Sunday. It is not free, and perhaps a little hard to justify, but about 80% of the fee is given to the athletic scholarship fund. But, it is popular enough that both schools have waiting lists. One unusual experience I will share. A lot of rigs have Satalitte TV, and will be watching a game on the west coast late at night, and if a rival school is playing in the game, and are getting beat. When your rival gets scored upon, you will hear a large number of big rig air horns going off in celebration, at the same time...fun.....GO POKES!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Fishing group get together's. At 38' I can pack in a lot of folks if the weathers nasty for a warm dinner, etc.
Hmmm? I thought about packing my fishing buddies into my new MH but we make a mess of our vehicles so I nixed the idea of them destroying my, new to me, motorhome!
So I guess we will continue paying our usual thirty five buck a night at the place we've been staying in for 15 years.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #22

Red River Rivalry--OU vs TX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1049118496.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	22575  
Old 06-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4MBG View Post
first she got a BS. and we all know what that stands for. then she got an MS, which means "More of the Same". then she got her PhD. that would be "Piled Higher and Deeper".
LOL! You know, I thought of that after I posted! Congratulations to you and her, that was a long, tough road. Best wishes to all of you.

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
We tailgate all of LSU's football games in Baton Rouge and go to one away game a year. This year we are going to the Texas A&M game. Still looking for parking
istumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #25

Pond Piggies Club
We tailgate at dirt races. One of the main reasons we upgraded from the travel trail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-6c3e61a2-1365378-800.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	22794  
BIG ZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by istumpy
We tailgate all of LSU's football games in Baton Rouge and go to one away game a year. This year we are going to the Texas A&M game. Still looking for parking
Post what you find in College Station for visitor parking, I plan to go next year when M State plays there. I have posted on an A&M message board about parking and it sounds to me like the visitors get whatever is left from the home RV spots.