Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2020, 03:31 PM   #57

Full time ALL THE TIME. We've plopped down at my wife's sister's place for the summer MOOCHDOCKING, but have no issues and plan on leaving in Sept and heading to Arizona to boondock around the state all winter...
tomandlorirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2020, 03:32 PM   #58

Trying a xcountry trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
In these crazy times I'm curious how many members are actually right now.

Whether you are on the road full-time or just taking a short break from reality, please chime in.
Being self contained has worked well for my trip across the country during Covid
WSYCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:44 PM   #59

How Often

Try and get on the road for short trips at least once a month !!!!!!!
postalm16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:48 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Retired in April of this year and trying to get out at least once per month.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:49 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

Spent the week in Warsaw, Indiana, ostensibly to have our Xantrex 3000W inverter/charger rebuilt (shout out to Advanced Solar in Leesburg), but we're also enjoying the delightful weather.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:57 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
In these crazy times I'm curious how many members are actually right now.

Whether you are on the road full-time or just taking a short break from reality, please chime in.
I am out with the RV about every 4 months right now.
Recalculatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM   #63

Full timer

Have been full time RVer since 1996 , when wife and I both retired . My wife went home to be with Jesus in May of 2018 . I continue to live the Rv lifestyle . Have been mostly in Arkansas and Oklahoma this year . Spent 180 + days out west in 2019 . Plan on leaving 8sep20 heading to Maine , then follow foliage change back south . Pray everyone has a safe and Blessed journey. Al Weaver WA5AEW .
yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #64

We left our winter camping place in middle Florida for our home base in southern Illinois on March 17th. It took about 3 days to get there and was our normal planned schedule. We spent the Memorial Day Weekend and the 10 days around it in the Metamora, Michigan area. Back to the home base, with a quick stop in the Bloomington/Normal, Illinois to see our Kids and Grandkids. The end of June saw a week long family vacation in the Smokie Mountains and then on the first of July, we headed for upstate New York in the Finger Lakes Area. We did leave the Finger Lakes Area for an enjoyable couple of days on Association Island at the east end of Lake Ontario. And one other 2 day trip to middle Pennsylvania. Yesterday, we traveled from the Finger Lakes upstate New York area to the Brandywine region of Pennsylvania around Philadelphia. We will be here until next Monday and then head back to the home base for a couple of weeks. The biggest impact of the virus has been eating out. By normal standards, traveling and camping is an isolated social distancing life. We wear a mask, when appropriate. We use hand sanitizer wipes every time we touch a fuel pump or come out of a store. Keeping 6 feet from other people is not difficult. Life is good! Life feels safe away from the large cities and ghettos, but it always has. We want to be out in nature amongst friends. Crowds have never been our big things. During our retirement our desire has been to LIVE, not just SURVIVE. We feel very blessed for the life we have. We never take it for granted. If it changes or ends tomorrow, its been a great ride. ;-)
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:12 PM   #65

Anecdotal reply

I live in the Hudson Valley and I can tell you from observation that very few are moving around here. We recently stayed at a local KOA and it was only about 1/4 full. Looking at roadways and the interstate from overpasses I only see the rare RV on the road.
wdgpcfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Got a used RV (New to us) and have been on the road the last few months because my office is closed. Working Monday through Friday from the motorhome. Move each Saturday and stay one week. Having fun and trying to make the best of the situation.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:35 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Full time since 2016

We are full timing and have been on the road since 2016. We should be at it for several more years. Currently we are sheltering in place in Casa Grande, AZ. We arrived for a three month winter stay in November now it's August. We will probably be here through next winter. It seems easier to stay here than to go back on the road and tend with current campground Covid restrictions, plus this is a very nice park. Daily temperatures usually reach 115 degrees or higher and overnight close to 100 degrees. They say it is a dry heat but that doesn't negate that hot is hot. No rain since the first week of March.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:37 PM   #68

Canada is stay close to home so we have and it’s been good
Patchesmoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:46 PM   #69

On the road since May.
bigdadof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #70

On The Road Since May 1st

We were locked down in April at a Thousand Trails in Texas but in May they opened the parks back up and we have been on the road since May 1st. No real issues finding campgrounds in TX, AR, TN, SC, GA, MS.
garywvogt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving