Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #71

Been out twice this year. Once in June for 5 days northern Indiana, and current trip to Savannah GA now on the road since 8 days ago and will get back home in 2 more days. Not a full timer.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
With full time careers (thank God!) the wife and I have only had time for a long weekend adventure about every six weeks since May. For Memorial Day weekend we visited Kerrville, TX to enjoy the Hill Country wineries which had just reopened (and closed again a couple of weeks later). During the July 4 weekend we took kids and grandkids to Canyon Lake (kids and grandkids stayed in cabins) to enjoy some fishing, fireworks and self-floating the Guadalupe River (floating companies were closed).

The week of August 24 we're headed to Port Aransas for sand and sea and some select sight-seeing in Corpus Christi for our 40th wedding anniversay. It's not the most exciting anniversary vacation but Covid-19 killed the first ever New York City / Broadway performances / sight seeing we "booked" a year ago. Damn virus is screwing up everything!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #73

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
In these crazy times I'm curious how many members are actually right now.

Whether you are on the road full-time or just taking a short break from reality, please chime in.
We hit the road in early May and have taken lots of trips in the States of TN, AL, WV, NC and VA. Every campground we've been to, it's like going back to the pre-Covid era. No one is wearing masks and everyone is friendly and apparently having a great time. When we leave the campgrounds it is like returning to the twightlight zone....
Philrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
On th road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
In these crazy times I'm curious how many members are actually right now.

Whether you are on the road full-time or just taking a short break from reality, please chime in.
We are on a 2 month trip. Home on Sept 5
KingCruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #75

We are doing state parks that have a pier so that I can fish. We try to do 1-2 trips per month and gone only a few days from home. Some state parks are skipping a place between sites. So far campers are keeping the 6 feet distance even at the pier and when checking in at office. Some offices only allow 1 person at a time to come in and face mask required. I am 73 and appreciate that people have been very considerate and are following the guidelines.
pr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:48 PM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
We are on our 4th 2 week trip. Cincy to Denver. Then to Nags Head followed by southern Indiana and currently in Door County, WI. Campgrounds up here are all mostly full. We had to call 6 of therm before we found one that could accommodate us and this one only has a few open spots. Beautiful wether here right now. We'll be doing another trip next month to Charlotte for our Spartan inspection followed by the Entegra Rally in Traverse Bay.
jloftice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:54 PM   #77

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

We cancelled our planned trip from Ca to New York (hall of fame). So we aretaking trips from home every other week or so to the coast to escape the heat at home. First time in 15 years tone home in the hot months.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:03 PM   #78

We've been on several trips this year, all in Texas. A good thing that Texas is a big state! We had to cancel a big planned trip to AZ due to Covid. Just too risky to visit my octogenerian mom. We've thought about a trip to Michigan this fall to celebrate Mom's 100th birthday. She's back in MI now. But with Covid, who knows?! We recently returned from a 5 day trip to east Texas, at Lake Forks. Now the MH is in the shop (again!). This time it's a broken fan hatch on the roof and a laundry list of other things to fix. Still, seeing it's 105 today, and no end in sight, no big loss because it's just to dang hot to want to go anywhere.
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:10 PM   #79

Monaco Owners Club
Sold my cement block home in Sept 2019, so I started full-timing then. My friends FT'ed for 8 years and are a great source of info and advice. I'm a travel nurse and have taken the rv to a few places before FT. Going up I 17 to Flagstaff was my biggest challenge, and of course, it poured part of the way. Lol.
Kyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #80

Newmar Owners Club
Camping is one of the few things we are "allowed" to do here in the UP of Michigan. Campgrounds are pretty much full but lots of boon docking available.
Kountry_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:28 PM   #81

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We've been on the road since end of May. FL,AL,MS,OK,TX,NM,AZ,CO,WY,MT,ND,SD,MN,WI,IL,IN and now KY. Won't get back until Sept. Mostly no problems finding sites except in WI. Disappointed that so much stuff is closed or limited but still finding things to do - just have to hunt more. Depends on state as to how people are acting. Some very open, some not. Yellowstone, old Faithful crowded as usual, Petrified Forest empty and museums/visitor center closed, Mesa Verde closed except for driving/walking paths, Glacier NP closed on east side (most native reservations closed) and west side just for driving/some hiking. Wisconsin Dells - business as usual, Mt Rushmore crowded. So, it all depends on where you are. Most RV parks cautious but open and mostly busy. Some high end ones full.
Enjoying the time away from FL during HOT season!
US Navy - Vietnam Swiftboat Vet - PCF 102, PCF-62
Steve43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:30 PM   #82

Tiffin Owners Club
Heading home from a 4 week outing. Be home in two days probably go again in September
Tkel757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:37 PM   #83

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fulltimers since retiring Apr 2017.
crockdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:53 PM   #84

One week into a 90 day trip here. Staying out of restaurants & stopping in big towns.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving