Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #1

Just doing some informal research here!

When you stop in at a camping or RV store, how much do you generally spend?

Do you stop in for something specific, but come away with more?

Do you stop in just to browse and end up walking out with some goodies? How much for those goodies?

We've never been able to get out without spending $50 to $100, even if we went in intending to spend only $25!

Thanks!

Julie
Mrs. Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #2

Just doing some informal research here!

When you stop in at a camping or RV store, how much do you generally spend?

Do you stop in for something specific, but come away with more?

Do you stop in just to browse and end up walking out with some goodies? How much for those goodies?

We've never been able to get out without spending $50 to $100, even if we went in intending to spend only $25!

Thanks!

Julie
Old 02-15-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Mike , welcome to the club. 9 out of 10 times we spend more. my big down fall is wally world, 100 or better most times . We also know where all the Wal Marts are near any of our favorite camp sites.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winter seems to be my downfall. From January through March we have made more purchases than any other time. Get me in an RV store or heaven forbid at an RV show and anything might happen.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #5

Hi y'all. We don't go close to a RV Store unless there is a specific need, but when we do it is usually $25 to $50. When possible I pick up supplies at Wally World.
retired2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:16 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike, As hard as I try if I'm in the store(C.W. Wally World) I end up getting more then I went for. Love Camping World mail order.

06 33' winnebago Voyage 33V
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:21 AM   #7

$50-$100...aren't you lucky. It seems every time I hit the Campingworld store I spend at least $200. We spent lots and lots of money there last year. Once we got some stuff added and the bill topped $700...OUCH!

Walmart is not so painful but I go more often. lol
tyndalelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:01 AM   #8

Let me introduce you all to Julie - aka MIK Bud II

Not sure where the Mike came from
Disney Campers - Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #9

Thanks, Scott!

Julie
Old 02-16-2005, 10:05 AM   #10

Glad you're back Julie. How's the new rig working out?

I can usually get out of CW for $25 - $50. Sometimes less, sometimes more. The more you spend the more you save .
Ken Lenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:28 AM   #11

I did most of my crazy mail order spending when I bought my last trailer.Most of the stuff I had to have at the time is in my cellar ,awaiting e-bay.Last year when we were at Myrtlebeach,we stopped at Camping World and went sick.Something about being there that makes you grab the must haves,or at least Karen's must have's

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #12

Ken, it's working out GREAT! We haven't had as much time to use it as we hoped (had to cancel Disney last year because of the move), but the times we've been out with it have been AWESOME. The longest trip we had was 600 miles, but it was incredible! I really LOVE driving the rig. The looks we get are the best! I'm not sure if it's the (gorgeous!) rig or if it's because I'm in the driver's seat with Greg next to me! Whatever the reason, it sure puts a big grin on MY face!

Our friends at the lake where we go for long weekends have dubbed it the "Taj Mahal" because it's the biggest rig there (there's only 8 rigs, so there's not much competition . . .) but it's also the prettiest! Not everyone knew we had a new rig, so it was quite a shock for them to see the 5er parked in "our" spot and then find out it's us!!

Now, of course, they wonder what we'll come up with next! After the first year, we came up with a new "big" truck, then the next year we went there with the new 5er . . .

Julie
Old 02-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #13
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Well Julie, welcome back, and I am sorry to say I am like the rest of the folks here $25- $50 most times we go to CW! However other times it has been much more!!It always seems that even though you don't need anything, you always seem to find something to buy!!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #14

I admit it, I'm bad. I walk into Camping World and I am like a kid in a candy store. I cant walk out without spending at least $100.00. I see all these neat little things that I just have to have for my fiver. One day I will have enough stuff to open my own RV store.

My wife cant walk into Wally World unattended or she will spend at least $200.00.

2002 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB D/A
baddwalk is offline   Reply With Quote