Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2015, 10:30 AM   #43

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #44

I just had my 4 Winds 33SW washed and hand waxed by Derron James from Ocala, FL (352-286-2939).

He came with another man all the way to Homosassa. That's about a 3 hour round trip. Worked about 5 hours. Did a beautiful job!

He asked for $200. I gave him $250. Well worth it.

Nice guy, too.
Hat-Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
nice to known thanks
Old 04-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #46

I saved alot of money and had just had my wife wax the 5'er with McGuires RV/Marine wax,and it took her all day to do the job, she does an exellent job and McGuires makes the rig shine. She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and there’s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing and waxing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. I’m a fair man. I just told her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and watch the Hockey Game with me for a few minutes. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. I’m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:09 PM   #47

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cost me nothing but time and the cost of the Dry Wash N Guard! Took me a couple days the first time and a whole bottle of DWG, but now that's it's been done once and sealed it'll take far less of both.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:56 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Prospector View Post
I saved alot of money and had just had my wife wax the 5'er with McGuires RV/Marine wax,and it took her all day to do the job, she does an exellent job and McGuires makes the rig shine. She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and there’s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing and waxing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. I’m a fair man. I just told her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and watch the Hockey Game with me for a few minutes. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. I’m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.
Kevin,

You are an inspiration!

Derron did use McGuire's but I don't think he's a prospect for marriage.

I suppose I could try your method but my bride is a divorce lawyer & I think your way might get me an opportunity to see how good she was at her job.
Hat-Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:03 PM   #49

Carolina Campers
Wax on, wax off... Tried and true... All you need is a young man in training, then it is much cheaper...
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #50

How Much Should It Cost to Get MH Waxed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Prospector View Post

Best post I've seen on here Amen
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #51

Where is Rocky Point, Mexico.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #52

Carolina Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post

South of you... Just keep going... You will eventually get there, and you will know when you get there....
Old 04-05-2016, 08:40 PM   #53

Old 04-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #54

Carolina Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post

South of you... Just keep going... You will eventually get there, and you will know when you get there....

Sorry, just had to do that....
Old 04-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #55

I typically do mine (and dads) because there is no one reliable to do it in our home area. We were both prepping to leave, and mine had been done most recent so I did his Monaco Windsor first and ran out of time to do my Palazzo 36.1. We got out to Newport Ca at the Dunes and were covered in bugs. I stopped the guys that are always there and had them wash and wax. Hand wash/dry/ and waxed the coach and my Avalanche for $300. They got a nice tip. After a week at the beach, I had them rewash for the drive home and they re-coated the front cap of the coach with wax, all Meguires, plus rewashed the Avalanche for $80-again a nice tip to boot. Like others have stated, doing it yourself is tough! It makes you really appreciate a job well done when it's done for you.
Troostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #56

Carolina Campers

I see, so let me do a quick calculation... $300, twice a year or more, over ten years.... Hey, I can afford that upgrade now...