Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's been many a year since we've done that. Only house we've owned out here where I could park the RV at the house. Just in case of an emergency I had pulled power and installed conduit and box for a 30 amp RV outlet beside the house. It paid for itself when the a/c went down a couple of times. Sure beat having to rent a motel for several days.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
Not so much in the yard, but we have a beautiful National Park just 3 miles from the house, and 630 miles of shore line on Lake FDR. This summer we took the boat to FT Spokane NP for 5 days (3 miles from S&B) With the Senior Discount it is $5 a day. They have a great boat launch, and nice docks. We moored the boat at the far end of the CG and spent the 5 days dry camping, and fishing. ONLY had to launch and retrieve the boat once!

That sound awesome, what a blessing. Our RV doubles as a cabin on our place. Sometimes we take the approach, " Who needs to leave ? " And no taxes, cause its movable . Win, win...... Now itd be nice if these Rvs would appreciate in value, but I guess they allow you to " apprecite more." as another Rv'r said.
Bella222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:12 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine is right next to the house and if we are not going somewhere I spend most of every weekend out there. We use it for movie nights too. Sometimes just me and the DW sometimes with the kids. I have slept out there for two weeks at a crack. I really find it more comfortable than the S/B. Sometimes I'm out there just putzing. As most have stated there is nothing better than rain on the roof. Mines in for service and I can't wait till it gets back.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
We pay $ 115 a month for sattelitte tv at the house and Dw spends
most of her tv watching in the coach via antenna tv. Bewitched marathon
yesterday, I love lucy, emergency. I would buy an antenna for the house
but that would cut into my alone time
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #19

i have been known to be out in RV piddling around and its turns into a 'movie break' lol. Something about it, just draws me in.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #20

In 2013 we lived in our Everest 5th wheel for 6 months in our driveway while my daughter's family occupied our house while their house was being built. Once a wheek we had to close it up, hook it up and go dump the tanks. It showed us that we had a future as full-timers. What really got me was the DirecTv. We had our bedroom receiver, from the house, in our trailer and could not get local channels - in our own driveway. Huh?
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ours is in the driveway and I have been in it going on 5 months.
I have gone into the house to get the mail or milk if I run out. or I need to do a # 2 I agree with the rain hitting the metal roof, music to my ears and puts me right to sleep.
I keep telling the other 1/2 that I am testing to see if I don't get tired of it so I will be prepared when we go full-time in the next year. LOL
So far no problems with the exception of a noise neighbor who looks into the windows at least twice a day while she and sometimes her husband walk by. Next time I am going to drop the curtains and watch their expression after I drop them. GHESSSH
I am ready to go fulltime
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #22

Foretravel Owners Club
Have to laugh, my buddy let his spoiled son & his family borrow the rv for a weekend, brought it back missing the large side awning, a smaller awning on driver side, and the sewer drain valves torn off. Claimed that was the way he got it. That ended he loaning of the rv.
Wonder why ?
Dave M
Genset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
I thought we were the only ones that did this. The wife likes to spend the night in it when it rains (under a carport).
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genset View Post
Have to laugh, my buddy let his spoiled son & his family borrow the rv for a weekend, brought it back missing the large side awning, a smaller awning on driver side, and the sewer drain valves torn off. Claimed that was the way he got it. That ended he loaning of the rv.
Wonder why ?
Dave M
I would never borrow my MH to anyone.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #25

Yeah, I'd never loan out fw either. Well I figure might as well enjoy it at home too! Like taking a mini vacation when you can't find the time to get away. Fun for 'date nights!' Pick a theme, Italian , Beach or whatever and plan or pick up a meal and watch a movie. Great way to relax. Would like to try out the 'boondocking thing,' sometime. Don't know about doing the Walmart thing. But would love to take it to the river where my dad has a place sometime. Perfect waterfront spot there. Road just needs some work to get in.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
How often do you 'camp ' at home in your RV?

I too thought we were about the only ones that'd "camp" in the driveway. I put in a 50amp outlet awhile back so we leave it hooked up with the refer and AC running. We get the S&B's wifi so we have our Netflix movies and TV shows.

My D'estW loves to suggest that we go *glamping* in the driveway. We took a 35 day road trip last April and really enjoyed it. We need our RV fix before we start jones'n, but if we can't leave and that's all we get then that's just fine!
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:12 AM   #27

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Ours is parked next to the house, with 50A available. We routinely watch movies outside the RV in the evenings. Sometime it is nice to go sit in the recliner, and read a book in the quiet. Lola (our nickname for the coach) has her own relaxing feeling when you are in there. Only problem with camping in the driveway, is the almost overwhelming urge to crank it up and take off!
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #28

Since the AC in my house doesn't work any more, really hot summer nights will find me out in the TT (not to mention the mattress in the TT is better than the one in the house anyway). Also in almost daily for something. Sometimes have lunch or dinner in TT "just because".
RominBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote