Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2021, 05:52 PM   #15

NADA is a ballpark value, but it is a big ballpark, with coaches in good condition going for perhaps close to double NADA, and ones in fair to poor condition going for perhaps half NADA, this does not include coaches that have had a major refurbishment.

NADA says my coach is worth $15,150 dollars today (which is the same price they had for it when I bought it almost 5 years ago, when I paid $20,500 over a thousand miles from home after 5 months of shopping for this specific model, one just like mine (same year, same mileage) with fewer upgrades sold under a day of being listed last week on the Trek facebook page for $23,000.

As to what to look for, if I were to do it again, I would base my decision on which deficiencies are easiest to fix, I would much rather deal with things like out of date tires, and needing new batteries than with paint and body issues and any sign of water damage or rot is run, don't walk away. A set of tires may run $1,700 - $3,500 on a typical class A coach, redoing full body paint is in the ballpark of ten times that.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2021, 06:51 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Local Credit Union goes strictly by NADA.

Bought right at NADA value!
Old 03-14-2021, 05:12 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
I am paying cash so financing is not a concern.

What is a concern is that 2 years from now our situation changes and we may or may not want a different coach if our lifestyle change.

I want to be able to recoup as much of our money as possible on a sell or trade.

Of course I dont want to ovepay, but it is a sellers market right now and Im finding the nice coaches priced right sell in less than 24 hours of being advertised.

As an out of town buyer, I am at a disadvantage, most sellers will not hold a coach even with a deposit. They want cash and they want it now.
bmcgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 05:19 AM   #18

I would suggest not over thinking it, any savings you may see upfront on a cheaper coach, would likely be offset in savings on maintenance and upgrades on the more well maintained and pampered coach over time when looking at coaches in this price ballpark.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #19

Go to PPL Motorhomes.com and look up their past sales webpage, they list actual selling prices for used units from their sales lot. If you're lucky they have sold one like the one you find interesting.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #20

PPL can be helpful for actual sales, but lacks detailed insight on condition, I have yet to see a coach that PPL describes as less than good condition, I have spent a few hours on their lot a couple of years ago, and can tell you GOOD is not a word I would use to describe about half the units on their lot.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:05 PM   #21

PPL does not list any Super-C, like a Thor Omni?

why is that
Jmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:12 PM   #22

The do sell them, they are just not given a dedicated category
Old 03-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
The do sell them, they are just not given a dedicated category
I looked, I typed in Thor Magnitude XG-32 They didn't list anything, and I tried Omni XG-32, nothing. weird
Jmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:13 PM   #24

I have seen Super C's on the lot there when I visited in person in Houston a couple of years ago. Perhaps just look under Diesel motorhomes, as most, but not all Super C's are diesels, of course they may have never had those specific brands and models so they would not show up in the sold listings.