Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2021, 11:59 AM   #1

How would you rate Lazy Days?

I won't deal with Camping World because of the reputation.

How would you rate Lazy Days?
Fogbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I think it will depend on which Lazy Days you are talking about. Some are good and some.....
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:33 AM   #3

I remembered seeing a video a couple of years ago. I have no idea if this is accurate of the company over all.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:47 AM   #4

I think you will find varying opinions of every dealer. Some folks have a good experience, some folks don't. I used to own an Internet provider back in the days of dial-up. We had a pretty reliable service but occasionally I would get a day trader that wanted me to reimburse them for their losses because my service was down and they couldn't make a trade. I'm sure they weren't happy but at $20 a month I couldn't guarantee up time although it was consistently above 99%. My point being that for every 1 person that is complaining about a dealership there a probably 10 that had a wonderful experience but they don't write about it because they're having too much fun. Happy people tend not to post on the Internet, mad people do. Good luck.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We had a great experience at the Ladydays dealership in Loveland, Colorado last September. Ted Drysdale was our salesman.

We traded in a 2014 Thor Axis moving up to a 2016 Tiffin Open Road. The salesman was great - no pressure, and we got acceptable deals on the trade in and purchase prices. After-purchase support was good as well.

It always helps to know exactly what you want - we made it clear we were "buying" not "shopping", knew exactly what we wanted, and were there to inspect the coach and buy it if we liked it and we could come to mutually acceptable terms. This lets the salesperson know that you know what you're doing and can help prevent some of their more egregious shenanigans.

Regards,

Randy
groswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:01 AM   #6

My FIL traded a very small Class C on a Ford E350 for a slightly larger C on an E450, and couldn't say enough good things about the Tampa location and the salesman. So there's that.

I've never even been to one, so I have no opinion.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:35 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I've had one great experience at LD Tampa and one that was a bit rough, though not entirely their fault (the brand new coach was a lemon, with 50+ factory defects). But that was years ago and LD has been transformed a couple times since. A substantial change in management at all levels, and in sales and customer-care philosophy. Plus it has become a multi-dealer, multi-state operation, with sometimes significant differences in operations.

I'd shop there, and might buy there if I found something I loved. They seem likely to be better some, but maybe well short of ideal. Afterall, they are like any other , trying to make a living for the staff and a profit for the shareholders. They don't exist to improve your life or financial standing! and buyers should act accordingly.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:02 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
My friends just got their Rv back from LD Tampa. This is what they had to say about LD. FINALLY..
got coach back from lazydays after 9 wks..went to pick up..filled with mouse poop..fought to have them clean it up, what a joke. went to pickup again, BROKEN WINDSHIELD.. took coach home jacks still don't go down, a/c still leaks, toilet still won't fill.. maybe we can't hook up the a/c to the toilet so when a/c leaks it will fill the toilet..haha. they r now coming to FG to work on coach will not take back to L/D..got new windshield yesterday. You may to go somewhere else for service
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here on IRV2, might be some of the best intel on dealers you might want to do business with. Personally many of my family members have bought from our local Camping World (Akron Ohio). All have had issues on the warranty and service side after the sale. To the point they would never buy from them again.

I have occasionally visited that CW and others, with the feeling of the "high pressure" sales tactic side. AND, the total misrepresentation of the product they sell. They very much prey on the "uneducated" RV consumer.

So, a few years back I made up my mind to buy a Outdoors RV trailer, just about everyone on the IRV2 ORV thread said you need to deal with Thompson RV in Eastern OR. It was the easiest transaction I ever did. The few "little" things that came up my first 3 years of ownership, were handled speedy quick.

One of the other dealers who sold the ORV line, a Camping World in Idaho Falls ID. lied thru their teeth that if I bought xxx unit, ANY CW in the country would handle any warranty work. So I called my hometown CW (2300 miles away), asked to talk to the GM. Explained what I was about to buy in ID. at a CW. His response: "Don't dare even drive that RV onto my lot, there is no way in hell I would ever service it, in warranty or not". wow! It just confirmed my suspicions.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:51 AM   #10

Your experience at any RV dealer may well depend on your attitude and knowledge. If you purchase an RV from any dealer relying on that dealers opinions and suggestions solely then your experience may well be a negative one for you.

If on the other hand you research the product you're buying and ask the right questions with the understanding that any dealer is in business to make money then your experience may be a more positive one.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:10 AM   #11

We bought our current coach at Lazy Days Tampa two years ago and would not hesitate to buy there again. We have several friends that had great experiences there.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #12

I've never bought an RV at a LD or even visited any of their lots but their advertising sucks. Very little actual information on a specific actual vehicle. No listing for options, etc. I'm not near any of their locations and attempting to get further info is a hassle with them. I get that they are trying to get you to contact them so they have your information for future solicitations, but at least give useful information in a listing.

When I see an LD ad I usually pass it up.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
Your experience at any RV dealer may well depend on your attitude and knowledge. If you purchase an RV from any dealer relying on that dealers opinions and suggestions solely then your experience may well be a negative one for you.

If on the other hand you research the product you're buying and ask the right questions with the understanding that any dealer is in business to make money then your experience may be a more positive one.

Good point here. Some of our RVer friends always seem to have major issues with dealers sales or service. In my opinion, their expectations are out of touch with real world or they failed to ask questions and do their "due diligence". We, on the other hand, rarely have issues other than the timeliness of repairs. Perhaps I've just learned to be cautious and double-check every step of the way, but it works for us.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote