Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2016, 08:40 AM   #15

A kink anywhere in the fill/vent tubes will cause a problem.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2016, 12:29 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I bet the vent line has a low spot that is acting like a trap under your sink. It probably evaporated what fuel was sitting in the "trap" last week allowing you to fuel.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #17

Thanks TQ60

Great advice...I have another semi truck companyy looking at it Thursday. I'll make sure they have all the details.
rgl1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #18

Thanks ionfu

So I understand are you saying insert the fuel fill nozzle and then put a finger of the vent hole? I'll be happy to give it a try.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:44 PM   #19

Thanks keymaster

The "vent line" you are referring to...is that the line that connects to the tiny vent hole near the fuel fill hole? Or the vent that goes to the charcoal filled evap system? Thanks for your suggestions
Old 08-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Make sure that there isn't an obstructon or kink in the vent line to the filler neck, and that NO portion of that vent line is lower than the filler tube. As mentioned above, a low spot in the vent line can allow fuel to accumulate in that low spot, which effectively blocks the venting.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #21

Pull up to the pump, raise the fill side a bit with a block or the leveling jacks and try that.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I bet if you put a straw that fits fairly tight in the vent hole and blow through it that will clear the fuel that has accumulated in the low spot and allow you to fuel. Unless the vent hose is actually kinked. Then you will know because you will not be able to blow through it.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 01:17 PM   #23

I'm wondering if this was ever resolved.

Nothing bothers me more, to find someone with a similar issue that requests from the knowledge of others... gets loads of info, and never updates the original thread/question with a solution (if found)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post
Pull up to the pump, raise the fill side a bit with a block or the leveling jacks and try that.
I've had to do this since day 1... to get a "full" tank.

Now, my fill surround has broken free of the shroud and I'm having the same problem of the original poster. I too assume it's the vent.

Anyone know where to buy a new 'shroud and fill orifice" for a '99 Winnie Cheiftain?!
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, motorhome