Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations neighbor. I think I must pass by you a couple times a day. I feel like I'm only working to pay property taxes. At least we have a championship football team to support, right? I am the same age and I can only hope I retire while I still have good health.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #16

Enjoy your retirement, it is great and hopefully your wife will see so much of a change in you she will retire too. I retired 3 years ago and have enjoyed it very much. It takes some time to realize you know do most things on your timeframe, and for the most part there is really no place you have to be.

I keep getting offers to do some consultant work, and other things but so far haven't even had a thought about going back to any kind of work. I have a great pension, and we invested/saved well so I doubt I will ever go back to work, that's how much I don't miss it. Good luck and now it's your time to sit back and enjoy life.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:50 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations!
The next stage of your life is about to begin. Make the most of it!

I retired 10/17/14 and so far it reminds me of the movie Arthur. They asked him. You're the one with all the money right? What's it like? Arthur replied "It's great." Ahhh. Yep... Enjoy!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #18

You guys are great. You get it. No amount of money will buy time. You can always make money though. That old saying "Time is money" is such bs. In reality, Time is MORE VALUABLE than money.

You simply can't take it with you. Enjoy life while you're still on the right side of the grass.

My father died at age 54. He never got a chance to set out on all the retirement dreams he had, which were plentiful.

That's why I took a year off work to take my family on a long trip. I can always make the money back later. But the journey of life I showed them was invaluable.

Far too many guys I work with just don't want to leave. They can't imagine themselves ever not working.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:10 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Congratulations neighbor. I think I must pass by you a couple times a day. I feel like I'm only working to pay property taxes. At least we have a championship football team to support, right? I am the same age and I can only hope I retire while I still have good health.
Scotty. Yep we r close. Used to live on 5 acres in spice wood Ex got that so I moved to town. Youngest a senior at LT. She plays bball. Other is a LT grad now a junior at Ark. Go hogs. I have a cruiser on LT that is fixin to get used or sold. Starting this weekend! I lost both my parents the last 3 years. Cancer then althiemers. Said [mod edit]. Our first stop will be garner state park. Have you been? Thanks again. JD
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:26 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks to all for the support. Gonna show this to the dw this weekend when I get home. Keep em coming. JD
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:30 AM   #21

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Smokyjoe
Life is meant to have fun.

36' Diesel
Smokyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:05 AM   #22

Over the years I have seen so many people, men especially retire, sit down and are dead in 6 months. The key is to GO! Our bodies are not meant to be sedimentary. Our minds need stimulation. Without those two things we will wither up and die. Keep acrive, volunteer, go fishing, hunting, whatever floats your voat, but dont stop
Old 02-04-2015, 05:06 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good for you and hope you enjoy every minute. I finally retired last year at age 64...wish I could have done it sooner. We hit the road for a wonderful 4 month cross country trip and loved every minute. Now back home for a while so DW can address some health issues but with God's blessing, hopefully she will be back in the saddle soon.

I am still adjusting. The house chores only last so long and I need to stay busy so looking for challenging things to do. I don't miss the work but I miss the wonderful folks at work.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:14 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats! I am 60 and would love to retire, but have never made enough money to comfortably do it yet. Still in the planning stage. Enjoy each day!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:45 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
SO and I both retired in 2001. I was 58 years old. Bought a new Winnebago Journey and a home in Prescott, AZ. 15 years, 188,000 miles, all 49 states and most Canadian Provinces later thankfully both the motor home and us are still going strong. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Life is good.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:07 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogbus View Post
Our first stop will be garner state park. Have you been? Thanks again. JD
My family had a couple reunions there when I was very young and I always wanted to go back. Interestingly, I was on their website last weekend, thinking about making reservations for a weekend in Feb. Just got notified of delivery, and looks like we will be headed to DFW to get some fogged windows replaced instead. It was part of the negotiated deal when we bought.

BTW, we are the 1st driveway on the right on Pace Bend Rd. Green metal gate entrance. House sits back off the road.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #27
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats Jeff! I can't imagine being able to retire at 56!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Hogbus,
I retired in 2004 at 57. My decision. Been so happy ever since I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Oh ya, had to build the retirement fund. I assimilated into retirement like a duck takes to water. I hope you do the same. The objective is to rip the rear view mirror out of the car and full speed ahead.

Good luck and my very best wishes for your retirement.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote