Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2021, 05:44 AM   #1

I hate it when I do this...

My step-daughter got married this past weekend. It was a barn wedding and we pretty much used our MH as the bridal suite. My wife is a an event decorator by day, so she had double duty as the planner and the mother of the bride. Leading up to Saturday was the week from hell. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, including a couple days in the hospital with a different daughter, who was also part of the decorating team. The day of the wedding had all the girls at our house getting their hair done and whatever other girly things were needed. They all headed to the venue around noon, leaving me alone at the house. As I stood in the house alone, I breathed a sigh of relief that we may have actually gotten this deal pulled off...whew! Within an hour that was shot out the window. My wife called and said "Get over here and bring a plunger! The toilet is overflowing and water is running out the door!" I bolted out the door, grabbing all the towels in the linen closet on the way. On the drive, I'm thinking "Well, this is what else could go wrong.", also wondering how many dresses got wet in the overflow. When I got there it wasn't too bad. One of the girls had gotten the water stopped and the unlevel stance of the MH worked in our favor, directing the water out the door. Other than a wet patch of carpet, no other significant casualties. Within a couple of hours, the happy couple had their beautiful wedding...we had pulled it off.

Sunday, we went back to the venue to pick up the MH and a few items the pack-up crew missed and brought everything back home. We did it, it's done, they're married, the barn's still standing, and nobody's dead...not so fast. After leaving the windows open a couple of days on the MH, so the carpet could dry, I decided I would go out and clean it up. I pulled it up to the corner of our barn so I could plug it in. When I opened the utility compartment door...well HOLY CRAP, literally! I had left the dump valve for both the black and gray tanks open! I had about 3" of brown muck, complete with a couple of floaters in the compartment. Needless to say, I had something more urgent to clean up. I got it all washed out and it's still sitting out there with the compartment door open. I haven't gotten back to cleaning the house part, and at this point I'm kind of afraid to.
GeorgeandTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #2

Whoops!
Old 05-13-2021, 08:08 AM   #3

Are you sure we are not related.
We were having a Christmas party many years ago in my big old looks like farm house. About 25 people there. Wife's/ uncle's drunk girlfriend flops against toilet tank. Pulls the hose from the the top of shut off valve. Water is spraying on the ceiling. Pull up you pants I'm coming in dummy. It's Christmas Eve luckily the local was open for part day. They didn't build 2nd baths in 1920.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #4

Nothing like finding an old stink pickle.

I stopped at a "free" dump site, and the hose that was attached to the drain hole, that you couldn't takeoff, came apart as soon as the valve got pulled. Took one right in the foot. Tossed the shoes in the woods and walked into the place barefoot and used the sink for a foot wash.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:19 AM   #5

As Uncle Eddie says, bad things happen when "the [Mod Edit]full". Couldnt resist. Dont mean to make light of an awful situation....bob
Old 05-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #6

I've seen all the fun to be had when brides-to-be try to attain those once in a life time, perfect weddings. So much tension, so much going wrong, so much drama, and afterwards,, so much moola down the drain.

So glad, no regrets either, that my Wife and I had the Justice Of The Peace marry us that 36 years ago.

But now that your troubles are just about over with,,, Congratulations to you and your step-daughter!
Old 05-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Don't waste your money on lottery tickets!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:49 AM   #8

Sounds like you need a secluded RV vacation... hurry & clean it up!!
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:46 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
What ever you do DO NOT SMILE!!! Someone once said "smile things could be worse"

Remember the bumper sticker "Sh-t happens"
Good luck.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:30 PM   #10

On the bright side, the middle daughter was discharged from the hospital that morning and made the wedding.
GeorgeandTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:01 PM   #11

Remember the saying as you're washing it all down - "the solution for pollution is dilution"
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote