Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2018, 09:11 AM   #29

My daughter recently lived in a nice apt complex , by in the grassy area between her bldg & her parking area , ok , all the grassy areas , people where constantly leaving the poop, it would really stink . Several complaints to mgmt by her & her neighbors, but nothing done .
Her & her neighbors decided to take photos of the offenders from they’re apt windows , print the photos, staple them to wooden stakes. They would put the stakes in the ground by the offenders poop.
It was 4 differant people & dogs , put a stop to it .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #30

I just pick it up and throw it in the nearest campfire. Cremate it.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
I have a theory concerning folks like the above and others who are rude, crude and inconsiderate. First we have the ones who scratch our vehicles in parking lots and drive away. Or those who cut in line at a supermarket or while driving in traffic jams and many other rude and inconsiderate things.

When I pass from this life if I'm lucky enough to make it to the pearly gates while I'm waiting in line, if there even is a line, I'll be in a nice white chariot. There will be thousands of folks repairing dents and scratches in all the millions of chariots. That's an "Eternal Dent & Scratch Fixer."

Others waiting in line (for many years) when they finally make it to the front will be told by St Peter, with a smile on his face "Please go to the rear."

I have heard some say, "All Dogs go to Heaven." Just maybe there will be a place for those rude campers mentioned above. I can here it now. "Your job on the outskirts of Heaven is you are an official "Eternal Pooper Scooper."

Some of the worst offenders will be assigned to untie, empty and clean all the poop bags. Now this is getting funnier.

I have no Biblical evidence that this might happen so it is just a guess but there is some satisfaction in believing eventually they will receive some sort of justice.

On second thought I think it is covered. What are the two greatest Commandments?

Perhaps the dogs that go to "Heaven" don't POOP!!
Old 07-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #32

Pulled up to a stop sign last winter in the SW and noticed the pick up truck in front of me had a full dog poop bag on his rear bumper...looked at my DW and said he must have forgot he put it there. Saw the same thing in CA on our way home...looked at DW and said maybe these dog owners aren’t forgetting. Last week, just a few miles from my home I saw yet another pick up driving around with full DP bag on rear bumper. Must be a different spin on bagging the poop and tossing it in the woods.
JaminSamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #33

We recently returned home from a cross country trip. Took our dog with us. She is getting old, so we did potty breaks every time and place we stopped. (gas, food, rest area, etc.)
I have one of those round plastic poop bag holders attached to the end of her leash, so there is always one available, and ready for duty at all times.

But I was truly amazed at the number of places I saw dog poop. You have to be really careful walking.....everywhere.

I find it to be yet another one of the 'someone else can clean that up' attitudes that are prevalent in society today.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #34

Finding people poop in the showers is no treat either .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #35

I have 2 dogs and this is a real irritation to me. We try to remember to take bags with us when we take the dogs out. If we forget to take bags I will go back, get a bag and come back to retrieve the offending deposit. We do bag them up and leave them along the trail to pick up on our way back through. I suppose people have seen them and assume they are abandoned. I really appreciate the CGs that supply bags but I don't expect them to. BTW old shopping bags work just as well and are roomier.
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #36

So many people think that picking up doggie poop is beneath them. Guess they don’t mind it getting beneath some kid’s shoe.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaminSamin View Post
Pulled up to a stop sign last winter in the SW and noticed the pick up truck in front of me had a full dog poop bag on his rear bumper...looked at my DW and said he must have forgot he put it there. Saw the same thing in CA on our way home...looked at DW and said maybe these dog owners aren’t forgetting. Last week, just a few miles from my home I saw yet another pick up driving around with full DP bag on rear bumper. Must be a different spin on bagging the poop and tossing it in the woods.
Based on the news reports out of California, and Seatlle, if may NOT be dog poop in them there bags...

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Just spent a week in a Michigan state park, I do hope the folks that could not purchase poop bags get to do so soon ;-)

Maybe Amazon is out of bulk boxes ;-)

Here's a tip.

Collect the poop.
Mix it with some straw.
Form into little briquettes.
Let dry.

You can then burn it and use it to cook.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Here's a tip.

Collect the poop.
Mix it with some straw.
Let dry.

Think I will just stick with the coleman bbq. Thx just the same.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Here's a tip.

Collect the poop.
Mix it with some straw.
Let dry.

On my trips to India I’ve seen them use dung for building material and as fuel for cook fires, bet it tastes just like mesquite
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #41

Quote:
Here's a tip.

Collect the poop.
Mix it with some straw.
Let dry.

Naw just mix it with plaster and shape them into sporting clays. Round-up a few friends, a few beers and some shotguns. Then you all can drink beer [moderator edit]
RickNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #42

As owners of 3 dogs we ALWAYS have poop bag carrier attached to the leashes. Even been known to have a bag also tied to the handle of leash. Nothing more disgusting than kids or adults stepping in poop and bringing it into our home or RV. We have no problem with offering a bag to a dog owner with a smile on our face and while handing over the bag saying "Saw you were out of bags and we all know it's the policy of the park to pick up after your dog so here, have one of ours, so you don't get kicked out."
Tundra2084 is offline   Reply With Quote