Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #57

Re: shortage of bags. We get home delivery newspaper 3 days/wk. The paper comes in a sleeve-type plastic bag. Double bagged on rainy days. Those bags are saved for poop duty (doodie duty!). Haven’t run out yet & the price is right!
DaveS52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #58

Dollar Tree sells them all day long for $1. You can get a single roll with a handy dispenser that attaches to the leash or you can buy them in two or three roll refill roll packs. FOR A BUCK. No excuse. Buy Ten and you will have enough for a decade.
esox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #59

2 stories one on topic, second just related.......

I'm at home and on a whim I do a full charge out my front door heading to the mailbox.
As I spring open the front door I see a +- 150# Mastiff dog about 10 ft onto my property with his owner and second, smaller dog. Naturally the Mastiff is dropping a load. Like I said, I was moving almost at a run. I startled both dogs and the owner. Immediately the dogs start to charge me, and the owner starts yelling for me not to come any closer. I stop and realize what's going on, do a slow reach for my CCW. The owner has both dogs on leashes and is trying to pull them off my property while he is saying he will be back to clean up. I stand and watch as he retreats past the end of my block. I inspect the deposit to find a load that is larger than my duty on a good day. A short time later the dog owner returns in his car and collects the load his dog deposited.
My take on this, the guy (a neighbor) has a dog capable of dropping over 1/2 # of crap. He is walking it and allowing it to go onto private property with no intention of cleaning up after it, as he does not carry plastic bags. Bottom line I happened to catch him, otherwise I would be cleaning it up myself.

It is not all that uncommon to see loaded diapers in a parking lot in my area.
And I live in what would normally be considered a upscale neighborhood.

IMO we have a society that many people only care about themselves, and don't give a crap about others. The "Me Society"
ronnie_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #60

Sad behavior indeed...

DW and I just returned from a trip into Iowa and Minnesota. We always pick up after our two dogs, and also are very aware of peoples right to privacy and use of their PAID FOR camping spot.

For two nights we stayed in an absolutely beautiful, small, family owned campground that had a section of more permanent residents toward the front.

To our disappointment, we quickly learned that the daily and nightly routine of many of these folks is to tour around the park in their golf carts. They were constantly driving right through our spot, often within a foot or two of our rig, and looking in the windows as they drove by!

Add to this the unleashed pit bull next door, and the fact that nobody else was picking up after their dogs, and screaming kids were out until after 10:00 at night...means we will never stay there again, despite what a lovely spot it was.

It a darn shame people cant show just the most basic common courtesy. Really takes the shine off of an otherwise fun trip.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Finding people poop in the showers is no treat either .
Go to SanFrancisco. People poop everywhere. Poop capitol of the country.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #62

I’m going to take advantage of this thread to vent about poo.

Tonight while enjoying our dinner this woman comes by on a mobility scooter with her dog and her dog dumps a load in our site. And starts to roll away. I stop her and ask her to please clean it up. She says she is handicapped. I explained that is not a reason to leave poop in someone else’s area. Then she tells me she has her husband come back around and clean the poop up.

Then I watch both of them come back trying to find it. I had to force myself not to go back out and explain how ridiculous they are. Saying he comes back and cleans it. He could barely find it with her help. They were using one of the Park bags so I know she rolls around so they don’t have to clean it up at their site.

We never left our dog poop. I can’t bend over so I used a scooper. If I was in a scooter I would make sure someone was with me that could clean it up. I wish people like that could get a taste of their own medicine and step in someone else’s pile.

One house we lived in we had neighbors that let their dogs run loose they always pooped in our yard. We asked if they could please keep their dogs in their yard. They said their dogs own the neighborhood and would be sad.

We would play “who flung poo” and try to toss it into their fire pit. Then one day she comes over in a panic looking for one of her dogs. She tried it o blame us until they found their dog had been attacked by coyotes. After that she had no problem keeping her other dog in the house or on a leash.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:36 PM   #63

New Horizons Owners Club
It is rude and unsanitary and disgusting!

I’m a dog owner and I never leave without a bag. I often find them in my washing machine because they are in every pocket of every pair of pants I wear in addition to the bag holder I have attached to my dog’s leash. I hand them out to people I see after saying “Looks like you forgot something!” as they try to walk away acting like they didn’t notice their dog left a present for someone else to pick up.

On behalf of the rude dog owners out there I apologize.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #64

I hate to see parents handing the leash to the child and asking him to take the dog for a walk. I've never seen a child picking up poop but I'm sure there are some that are trained well.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:52 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie_g View Post
2 stories one on topic, second just related.......

I'm at home and on a whim I do a full charge out my front door heading to the mailbox.
As I spring open the front door I see a +- 150# Mastiff dog about 10 ft onto my property with his owner and second, smaller dog. Naturally the Mastiff is dropping a load. Like I said, I was moving almost at a run. I startled both dogs and the owner. Immediately the dogs start to charge me, and the owner starts yelling for me not to come any closer. I stop and realize what's going on, do a slow reach for my CCW. The owner has both dogs on leashes and is trying to pull them off my property while he is saying he will be back to clean up. I stand and watch as he retreats past the end of my block. I inspect the deposit to find a load that is larger than my duty on a good day. A short time later the dog owner returns in his car and collects the load his dog deposited.
My take on this, the guy (a neighbor) has a dog capable of dropping over 1/2 # of crap. He is walking it and allowing it to go onto private property with no intention of cleaning up after it, as he does not carry plastic bags. Bottom line I happened to catch him, otherwise I would be cleaning it up myself.

It is not all that uncommon to see loaded diapers in a parking lot in my area.
And I live in what would normally be considered a upscale neighborhood.

IMO we have a society that many people only care about themselves, and don't give a crap about others. The "Me Society"

But your neighbor did give a crap in the form of a mastiff crap, see people do care. Lol, SMH
Yes your right about the “me” society. I call it the “entitlement” society.
69judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:27 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69judge View Post
Yes your right about the “me” society. I call it the “entitlement” society.
I have not been around here long, but I have seen that here, like most places, somebody is always witching about me society, entitlement society, whatever they want to call it. But on other topics, there can only be one side of the coin, other's point of view can not matter. I do not keep track of who posts what, because if I saw somebody acting presidential I might be tempted to post the quotes side by each. This might be called a personal attack.

Pages of talk, beating up people about dog poop. (Yes, I understand, no matter how much you love dogs, nobody wants to step in it) But is that the only kind of litter we should expect to clean up?
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Pages of talk, beating up people about dog poop. (Yes, I understand, no matter how much you love dogs, nobody wants to step in it) But is that the only kind of litter we should expect to clean up?
With all due respect. If I step on someone’s litter it’s nowhere the same. I don’t have to smell the dog poop smashed into the tread of my shoe until I can get home to scrub the foul smelling bacteria ridden feces out of the tread of my shoe or toss them out because if I don’t get every last bit it still stinks.

While litter is unsightly you can’t smell the foul odor waft across your picnic area while trying to eat. It amazing how far the odor can travel. We are camping in a watershed area. Another spot we were at the guy was tossing poo into the gully. Pretty sure they would be asked to leave and never come back.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #68

I keep this bag full of plastic shopping bags (from the grocery store, Walmart, etc) on the back of the passenger seat so I can stuff one or two in my pocket every time I take out the dogs. Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraZOOM-20180716094334658.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	211182
Old 07-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
With all due respect. If I step on someone’s litter it’s nowhere the same. I don’t have to smell the dog poop smashed into the tread of my shoe until I can get home to scrub the foul smelling bacteria ridden feces out of the tread of my shoe or toss them out because if I don’t get every last bit it still stinks.

While litter is unsightly you can’t smell the foul odor waft across your picnic area while trying to eat. It amazing how far the odor can travel. We are camping in a watershed area. Another spot we were at the guy was tossing poo into the gully. Pretty sure they would be asked to leave and never come back.

Well, maybe I should think your serious.

Quote:
If I step on someone’s litter it’s nowhere the same. I don’t have to smell the dog poop smashed into the tread of my shoe until I can get home to scrub the foul smelling bacteria ridden feces out of the tread of my shoe or toss them out because if I don’t get every last bit it still stinks.
You step on litter and don't pick it up? Personally, I have never thrown away a shoe because it got dirty, maybe that is a tax bracket issue?

Quote:
AFIK, most every non-human animal in the world has been pooping in a watershed from the time water has been running downhill. Nature would take care of that. The rest of the trash, not so much...
And I think that you wanted to only wanted to quote the part of my post you wanted to respond to. But if you read your post while thinking about the rest of mine;

Quote:
I have not been around here long, but I have seen that here, like most places, somebody is always witching about me society, entitlement society, whatever they want to call it
You might see the ME! ME! ME! in the post...
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #70

Shortage of Dog Poop Bags, Or Shortage of Common Decency?

I initially wasn't going to read this post for some reason, but glad I did because sometimes I feel like I and a very few others are the only ones who believe cleaning up after your dog is part of being a responsible dog steward. So thanks to all who posted who showed me that more believe than I knew!
And I have to agree - those who try and pretend that they don't know their dog pooped, or simply try and see if they can get away with it, just perpetuate the stereotype that they are of the belief that because they (or their dog) exist, they are owed something by everyone else...owed the gift of having someone else pick up after their dog.
Just came back from a park that has a nice pea-gravel fenced dog run and even though there's signs, a camera, and a full bag station feet away - someone left their dog's present for me to clean up. Thanks! But truth be told, at least there I can easily see it, and have someone else's bags available to pick it up. Whereas at the park I stay in up in the mountains, it's amazing how many people seem to think because there is a designated dog walk, that means someone else will pick up after their dog (never mind the provided-for bags) - and because the walk area is neither fenced nor gravel and in the forest, it's much harder to see the piles of poop and therefore much easier to step in it when taking my dog out. And no, a domesticated dog's poop is NOT a natural thing found in the forest, unlike bears and deer and coyotes and such. Probably not the place to get into a technical discussion of it, but domesticated animals poop stinks way worse than wild animals' - so there is a difference.
One thing I can tell from this string - the minority who think it's OK to let their dog poop on others' (temporary or permanent domicile) property aren't likely to change - they think it's their God-given right to do as they please...I just hope one day I don't catch them after a bad day and do to them what I think is my God-given right...
Durango382 is offline   Reply With Quote