Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #85
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Why not just use WalMart bags? Everybody's got plenty of them!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #86

An update to the incident at the local federal RV park. The woman made sure she still had plenty of bags and someone with her to pick it up. I guess I left enough of an impression she was willing to put forth the effort while we were still there. Never did see her husband again. lol

When I was leaving the back of the hang tag for the park said no leashes longer than 6ft. And it was highlighted with a pen highlighter. Well that certainly isn't enforced. Every dog owner had a zip leash.

I have several rolls of the dollar store bags. Use them to put the cat box treasures in while camping. Im still looking for the larger ones that fit over the pooper scoopers better. I don't care for grabbing someone else's dog poop by hand. bleh
Old 07-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
If a WalMart bag was worth a penny my DW has enough saved to make us millionaires
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
The problem with Walmart bags is sometimes the seam lets go and you don't notice even giving a quick look before using it. I use them at home for litter and its a crap shoot. lol
Old 07-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
If a WalMart bag was worth a penny my DW has enough saved to make us millionaires
WalMart bags are now 10c each here in environmentally conscious CA.

Unless - and I really DON'T get this logic - you buy your groceries with welfare money such as SNAP, WIC or AFDC - then you get free bags.
Rickinnocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #90

At KOA in Petaluma three weeks ago a woman let her 5lb Chihuahua poop in the bark chippings *IN* the kids playground while I was watching my grandkids.

She went to leave, I was about to say something when someone else beat me to it and reminded her to pick it up. She looked at the lady that had spoken like she was some sort of alien, and said "They pay people to clean up, we don't need to do it ourselves.", turned and walked away.

Another woman, a young mom, stepped in front of her and physically blocked her from leaving. The argument got pretty loud, but eventually she used a bag someone handed her and picked it up - muttering and cursing as she did so.
Rickinnocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:11 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickinnocal View Post
WalMart bags are now 10c each here in environmentally conscious CA.

Unless - and I really DON'T get this logic - you buy your groceries with welfare money such as SNAP, WIC or AFDC - then you get free bags.
That's amazing! Don't know how people live in that state and not have ulcers.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickinnocal View Post
She went to leave, I was about to say something when someone else beat me to it and reminded her to pick it up. She looked at the lady that had spoken like she was some sort of alien, and said "They pay people to clean up, we don't need to do it ourselves.", turned and walked away.
Where on earth do these people get the idea someone is paid to pick it up. How do they think this makes it ok to leave it there anyway? Its not like they are standing behind you to swoop it in and take it away.

I had an employee with me in my truck and we were eating lunch in the parking lot outside an office building. He was an old Jamaican man from the Bronx.

He takes my garbage from me, gathers his garbage and hops out. Im thinking thats nice cause I usually drive around with my garbage till I remember to throw it away.

Well.... he sets it in the park strip and hops back in the truck. I said what on earth did you do that for? He said exactly those words...Someone is paid to pick it up.

Ok first we were outside in Atlanta and the office building wasn't near anything major. I also know who was renting the building and they didn't pay someone to pick up garbage. I made him get back out and pick it up and throw it out where it belongs. Still to this day and its been 10 years it still irks me. How much garbage has he just set out for the garbage fairies to clean up.

While I'm on a rant. Why is it in the south that people cant put their darn gum in the garbage. Not only is it all over around the garbage and in front of the store entry but they stick it on store shelves and store product wherever they are done chewing it? They even stuck it on the drivers door handle of my RV. Uggggg

I wish these people could experience a small part of their own little hell and step in poop and gum for all of eternity.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:06 AM   #93

I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t picked up after my dog, but that was when I was new to the rv camping world. I was politely educated by a fellow camper about the bags. I thought the same as others that it will wash away after a while, until I got a taste of my own medicine. Last year I come rolling in my new site in the evening, while I’m setting up, what do you think happened? I stepped in some dog crap. Lol. Haven’t had a shortage of bags in a long time.
69judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:31 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69judge View Post
I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t picked up after my dog, but that was when I was new to the rv camping world. I was politely educated by a fellow camper about the bags. I thought the same as others that it will wash away after a while, until I got a taste of my own medicine. Last year I come rolling in my new site in the evening, while I’m setting up, what do you think happened? I stepped in some dog crap. Lol. Haven’t had a shortage of bags in a long time.

To be clear; I state that "it will wash away" Not as a reason to not pick it up, but in wonder that so much other trash, that, if it does wash away it messes up "away" but does not get pages of ranting against! How long does a cigarette filter take to break down? Styrofoam cup? Fast food sack? But people will walk on that stuff all day. But step in dog poop? OMG! Does that dog owner think "It's all about them?"
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:55 AM   #95

Sometimes a example can make a difference. Truck drivers are not known for worrying where their trash lands. One day, first day of operation in new location, couple dozen trucks waiting. A lot of the drivers had worked together before, but I was new. Like always clusters of drivers talking others in trucks, some cleaning. Man parked next to me kicked about 3 days of fast food trash out on the ground. I had handful of towels from doing the windows. I unstrapped my waste basket, picked up all his trash and my cane, walked the 100 yds or so to a trash barrel and back. There was likely some conversation on CB and in the clusters about it, but never a word to me. I hauled out of there for over 4 months, and never saw trash on the ground...
When you turn the bag inside out to hold the poop, do you ever think to pick up some other trash to fill the bag?
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:52 AM   #96

And this is why I do not take my dogs to dog parks.

People just do not pick up after their own dogs.

FYI little dog owner are the worst!
CapeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #97

Honestly, I don't see any litter around the campgrounds here. A few cig butts.

We live on a long road that goes through the woods. There is a small group of houses back here on the lake. Someone always tosses their garbage out on the side of the road. I am totally baffled they a. either just left their house and their garbage or b. is almost home and they couldn't wait?

Often its beer cans and bottles. I think its kids tossing it out so they don't get busted. I keep hoping I catch one so I can take it to their house and let their parents know something "fell out of their car" and they might need it.

There was a random backseat to a van tossed into the gulley. Got together with another neighbor to take it to the dump.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
To be clear; I state that "it will wash away" Not as a reason to not pick it up, but in wonder that so much other trash, that, if it does wash away it messes up "away" but does not get pages of ranting against! How long does a cigarette filter take to break down? Styrofoam cup? Fast food sack? But people will walk on that stuff all day. But step in dog poop? OMG! Does that dog owner think "It's all about them?"

? I thought this thread was about Dog crap, not Trash, sorry I got out of subject. It was a darn email that brought me to this thread anyway. I’ll shut up now.
69judge is offline   Reply With Quote