Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #15

I've had problems with Amazon shipping in the past. Depends on what you order, and what your address is, and which carrier is used.

However, when it happened, I just sucked it up and went on my way as it's no big deal, can happen anywhere.

I've learned not to whine about inconsequential things, or let them occupy my mind for over a couple of minutes. maybe that's why I've gotten the nickname "Easy Ed"!

Ed
Navy Retired
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
CW = Crappy World.
They are my last resort store.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Here's my theory . . .

In the Land of the Politically Correct, expressing opinions on many subjects is a big NO NO !!!

So, with all that pent up need to say what you think, which is really okay in a free society, like even established as a right by, oh say a constitution or citizens rights thing, Camping World, if ever mentioned in any post, is gonna get bashed. It is just there to relieve some of that pent up need.

Politics? NO NO
Religion? NO NO
Guns? NO NO
<you fill in the blank here>? NO NO

NO NO !!!

Camping World? whine away!

It really serves a meaningful purpose.

Just my perspective . . . your results may vary.

My apologies to the moderators - I know, way over the top in the Land of PC. This will probably need to be toasted.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #18

We go over to FT Worth CW , to look around and shop , 80 mile round trip
The people at this location are SO NICE

I was looking at a high directors camping chair , needed to be a certain hight. They took it out of the box , set it up and let me try it!!!!

We go to ck out and my card is close to renewal so she had a in store coupon for 20.00 off

Maybe where the CW is located ( Texas) lol
capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
I have had good experiences buying store items, Ok experiences with camper sales, very mixed experiences with service. Depending on work requested vs their mechanics experience seemed to drive whether I had a reasonable service experience. However, I will say they stay very busy,even with their high service rates $/hr. Sometimes they have the resources to take care of the work and you either choose to pay them or drive somewhere else and you may have same experience.one thing I have noticed about more than one RV service dept, they don't return my calls and emails,I find this a bit troubling. I am glad to read that some folks have found more customer related RV support.regardless, I try to be kind and appreciative of their efforts, realizing, I will need their help as long as I choose to RV.
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukenrock View Post
I'm one that doesn't frequently visit CW but when I do I usually spend more than I should. Tonight I thought I'd order my Parents a couple of nice outdoor rocking chairs for them (I have them and they commented how much they liked them). I placed the order and noticed I was about .40 short of free shipping, because any order over $99.00 is free. Here's the ad....

Camping World Coupons
Free Shipping On Orders Of $99+
For Good Sam Club members.
Guaranteed to Work

So I reorder and add a nice blanket for my Mom that my DW loves. That takes the order over $99.00. Went to checkout and they still wanted the shipping. I call their Toll Free number and explain the situation to the Call Center agent. She explains that it does not cover large items. I politely explained that their ad said free shipping over $99.00 and there was nothing else indicating stipulations. She hung up on me! I called back and asked for a Manager just because I will follow up on who hung up on me. I explained the situation to the Mgr and he told me the same thing she told me. I hang up, get back online to order a gift card for $100. There is a Camping World 10 miles from where my Folks live. I go to check out and CW wants $1.50 shipping!!!!!! I call CW and they said yes, we charge shipping for gift cards. I don't get it!
I guess I'll buy them a fruit cake!!
Not surprised. CW has got to be in trouble I never hear much good about them
Old 12-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #21

They've taken good care of us!
Spibeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spibeach View Post
They've taken good care of us!
Same here, more than just one store, too, and over maybe about 8 or 9 years. Sometimes I think being friendly and respectful begets friendly and respectful.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #23

my dealings began on the internet....not in person. the remainder of the discussion was over the phone, not in person.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I visited CW last October during one of their promotional sales. I was given a $10 merchandise certificate when I checked out, as part of their promotion. The certificate was about to expire, so I ordered a few items last week on their website, intending to use the certificate to help pay for the items. I could not figure out how to enter the certificate, so I called CW customer service. Here’s what they told me I have to do, in order to use the certificate with an online purchase: Place my online order, and print out a copy of my order invoice. Put the invoice copy along with the merchandise certificate in an envelope and mail it to Bowling Green KY. They will then credit my credit card account the $10 in 3-4 weeks. Could they make it any more difficult?

Like others have said, Amazon gets most of my business now.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thumbs down Just Disapointed. Long read Sorry

I read almost daily that someone is going to stop going to CW for what ever reason. I just told myself that I have been lucky. Until today.
Our PA sprug a pin hole leak in the Radiator the other day and was thinking of adding a Stop leak type product and after reading several posts I decided not to do it. So I have decided to go new. I called CW and talked to a guy in service too see if he would just give me a ball park estimate to replace it.
He said nope we don't work on Radiators AHHH What, yep he said take it somewhere to get it re-cord, or buy a new one. Can you refer me to someone. Yea the truck stop back at the corner. I said what would happen if I was on the road and had this happen, Sorry.
In the end we lucked out. The shop "Andover Wheel & Frame" we usually go to for repairs/improvements had told me 2 years ago that they won't do radiator flushes, so I presumed that they didn't work on Radiator's. Wrong, we called them this afternoon and they told us sure bring her in when I get a New radiator. He said they will do it if I get the radiator, I said no problem and estimated it at $400.00 bucks to take out and install the New One. I have found a few places that have one or two or three. Rock Auto gota love um!!! they have like 4 different types ranging from $140.00 up too $500.00 buckaroo's. AZ has one for around $375.00
We just might still make it to Quartszite this winter. Might be March but we are going to go one way or another...

Great Place, I would refer them to anyone, Thanks for your time. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Never had an issue with CW....love checking out the catalogue.....but I also check out Amazon when I do see something I need....and often its cheaper to get the item from amazon. If the amazon item costs less than $25 for the free shipping I'll add it to the shopping cart and bundle it in a few weeks with other items. But I do love roaming around CW.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #27

Amazon has 2 styles of RV outdoor rocking chairs. About $54 and free shipping. Aluminum and canvas material. Mine are blue canvas and fold up. Nice. Got mine at a RV dealer for about the same price, not CW.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
They are what they are. Have what they have. Do what they do. In my experience, they don't have a problem telling you they can't do something. Wish I could say the same for some other service places that claim they can do something to get ya in the door and then set about learning how and what to do for weeks on end. When I have used them I always seem to get what I bargained for. I was surprised that the one closest to me was unable to locate G670's in 275/70R/22.5's with date codes < a year old. They were replacing my slide toppers and had my coach on their lot. I have seen them replacing tires - so it wasn't a matter of can't do it. It was a matter of can't get them and GY told whoever they were getting them from that they are on back order. No problem - hello FMCA - let's get this show on the road. as for the slide toppers - they were running an installation sale - $29.95 / install. Hard to beat that.
Just my 2¢.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping