Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #1

If 'quiet hours' means no generator ..what about A/C?

We have had a series of 80/80 nights (temp/humidity) in the Mid-Atlantic. There's no fricking way I could get my wife to willingly plan on sleeping without A/C in those conditions.

I'm sure there have been many in FL, LA, MS who have experienced this. How do you handle it? Thanks.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2018, 06:57 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetstuff View Post
We have had a series of 80/80 nights (temp/humidity) in the Mid-Atlantic. There's no fricking way I could get my wife to willingly plan on sleeping without A/C in those conditions.

I'm sure there have been many in FL, LA, MS who have experienced this. How do you handle it? Thanks.

Jim

I rarely boondock in the summer. If I do not have connections, then I'm running the generator. If it's not allowed, then I'm staying elsewhere.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:58 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I've never heard of a campground where running the A/C was considered violating "Quiet Hours".

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetstuff View Post

Jim
Quiet Hours refer to loud conversations and partying. Some campgrounds only allow generator use between 08:00 & 22:00. Air conditioning use is an exception and expected.

Sent from my SM-G950U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quit hour's do not include AC units.......the rule is for loud people and partying.......and barking dog's!
Old 07-05-2018, 07:00 AM   #6
Community Administrator

X2.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:11 AM   #7

Wetstuff.......

Are you camping somewhere with no electrical connections? If you’re boondocking, and away from others, then run your genny for the A/C.

To run your A/C, it’s campground provided power or the generator. I don’t see why you’d be mentioning running your genny if you’re in a campground.

Am I missing something?
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #8

If there is no power and you need to run the generator for AC, you need to shut it down at the posted quiet hours.

A few Federal parks, I've dry camped at, also prohibit the running of the main engine during quiet hours.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakin View Post
I rarely boondock in the summer. If I do not have connections, then I'm running the generator. If it's not allowed, then I'm staying elsewhere.
X2.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #10

I would not stay where it was hot at night and I couldn't run the AC.
If you're in a campground with no power and quiet hours prevent the running of a generator, then I would stay at a place with shore power so you can run the AC at night.
Oct Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #11

quiet hrs is not generator time hours allowed to run.

so quiet hrs everyone on electrical AC can run their units.

if you are running on 'genny power' then you have to check their 'using generator power' policy. Many state parks and such are 'generators are allowed to run X time to X time'

SO it is what are you referring to at this point?

if you are on genny power and at night they are not allowed to run, you do what you can to keep cool...use your fans, your ceiling fans to pull out hot air and pull in cooler air thru open windows, I mean it is up to you guys to know what you can handle in the heat dept.
Whirrlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Quit hour's do not include AC units.......the rule is for loud people and partying.......and barking dog's!

Yup!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There can be separate generator hours and quiet times.
Even during quiet hours running an air con is fine.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:03 AM   #14

If I need to run the air conditioners, I need lots of electricity. Therefore, I run my trusty QUIET Diesel generator. If someone thinks it's too loud, they need to tell me. It's not too loud for me. But, if I'm the problem, I will leave.
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, quiet