Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2020, 07:44 PM   #85

Yep me too .. People are just angry about life .. but ya know what ? Ya got up this morning and are able to enjoy that walk to the shower. So quit yer negative yapping and put a smile on .. People like that I just smile at and tell em to have a good day that they deserve. Gets them to thinking ...
RVing family is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #86

Ahh, there have always been jag offs around; some of you birds act like it's something new.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:04 AM   #87

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
Did you say anything when he came back from the shower? You know, like, I have a shower and a toilet inside. Or, how was your walk?
Hahahahaha - - A real woodsman would have dug a cat hole in the woods and gone without a shower.....

g
Old 10-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #88

Thank you!

My Dad served in Vietnam in 64-65. I thank you for your service to our country. You are part of the reason we have the freedom to travel in our RV. Please don’t let a “one-off” keep you from saying good morning to me or sharing the fact that you served this country. I appreciate you!
Hopenfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:01 PM   #89

I guess I'm being uncharitable, but I think some of these people complain about what you have because they are jealous. He would probably love to have had your rig, but had to justify to himself why he thought tents were so wonderful.

Thank all of you on this forum for your service. I am grateful.
Linda Bohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for serving!

I get the reference. He missed an opportunity to have a short, friendly discussion with someone he owes a lot to, as do we all in this country. Thank-you. It was a terrible time in our history and we all owe so many for so much.
drkloes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:10 PM   #91

My late dad and all his generation I knew that also served in WWII did their duty and came home and never or hardly ever spoke about it, and certainly not to get a pat on the back for doing their duty. Times and people have changed a lot the last 75 or so yrs.!
Thanks for your and others service, I'm glad I came along in peace time, I probably also would have expected a pat on the back in my time if I'd served in active war/conflict.
GaHonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:17 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaHonky View Post
My late dad and all his generation I knew that also served in WWII did their duty and came home and never or hardly ever spoke about it, and certainly not to get a pat on the back for doing their duty. Times and people have changed a lot the last 75 or so yrs.!
Thanks for your and others service, I'm glad I came along in peace time, I probably also would have expected a pat on the back in my time if I'd served in active war/conflict.
I never meant for this to become a post about military service and apologize if it seemed that way. It was more about how upset he was with people driving motor homes.
Tom
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:43 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaHonky View Post
That's certainly not how I read the OP's post. His service was precisely germane to his response to the young man's comments. Plus, Vietnam vets rarely got the enthusiastic welcome-home that most every other conflict vet got, and are due for some extra thanks now.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:59 AM   #94

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCoTom View Post
..... When he was done I told him I had spent 19 months sleeping on the ground in 1968-69 and that was enough for my lifetime. He apparently didn't understand my reference and looked puzzled as he walked away. I now remember why I usually don't talk to people these days, seems everyone is angry about something.
Tom
Tom - love the story!

BTW - I am retired Navy, and the first time I ready your account, I did not figure out the reference to 19 months sleeping on the ground until I saw your signature line. So, I can understand how someone with no military background wasn't quick enough early in the morning to catch your meaning.

Thanks again for your service!
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:24 AM   #95

Winnebago Owners Club
Anyone who served in our military deserves thanks in my opinion. I did not serve and have the greatest respect for those who did. I enjoyed learning about my father in laws time in Korea. I'm glad he was able to tell his story. I'm not trying to make this political. Just respect those who served. Thank you
Old 10-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #96

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete5016 View Post
Tom - love the story!

BTW - I am retired Navy, and the first time I ready your account, I did not figure out the reference to 19 months sleeping on the ground until I saw your signature line. So, I can understand how someone with no military background wasn't quick enough early in the morning to catch your meaning.

Thanks again for your service!
Just something to think about.......I immediately got the reference of sleeping on the ground for 19 months. What he left off was in the heat, rain, & cold, trying to relieve yourself and not get shot.....just the simple things in life !! LOL

Perhaps the message is more recognized by some of us in our late 60s/early 70s in age......Military & The Draft were just something a young man had to take into account back then.

I also understand the OP didn't want to make this a military thread.....sorry...

g
Old 10-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #97

This guy doesn't have a clue, about enjoying a RV camp ground. Some just have a attitude and are mad at everything. Just ignore him and the next guy will brighten your day.
franklin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:27 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCoTom View Post
I never meant for this to become a post about military service and apologize if it seemed that way. It was more about how upset he was with people driving motor homes.
Tom
Of course you didn't, and we understand that. You were making a point of forced tent camping and not wanting to do that again. You have to remember that many of us are still embarrassed about the way our country treated you coming home, and never want to avoid showing our gratitude. We awaken peacefully each morning to a free nation, because souls like you kicked ass for our country. Thank you for the freedoms we have.

I encounter people like this frequently on the hiking trails. They are in the deep minority, but they are there. Just know this, his hatred is his own Purgatory and I'm sure it burns him up constantly. I pity him and those like him, that can never see the joy in life because they are entitled to something they will never have.

Keep the faith, and don't let that angry soul steal your joy in connecting with others. You are in the majority.
treeoflib is offline   Reply With Quote