Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2022, 02:46 PM   #29

We have an Advance Element convertible good for two people with dro stitch floor that I want to part with. Look it up see if that is what you are looking for then let me know. Have pump paddles etc. only been in water once when I tried it out wife doesn’t like the water.
gus3836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2022, 02:50 PM   #30

Coastal Campers
Inflatable kayak

We've got a SeaEagle SE370. Very good quality materials, tracks nicely. Someone else mentioned Oru Kayak which looks like a winner except for the $$$.
Tucktec makes a foldable kayak like the Oru, but significantly smaller investment. Tucktec is also manufactured in my home county, in SC.
Roadyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:05 PM   #31

I have an inflatable, and have enjoyed it, but I can't even look at it now that I have an Oru Inlet. A 20 pound 9'8" hardshell kayak that folds up to the size of a suitcase. Forget pumps and leaks. Awesome. Expensive? yes. Worth it? yes.
rsgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:05 PM   #32

Alpacka rafts. Weighs less than 10 pounds and fold into a small package. Several models for flat water up to class IV whitwater.
1MadSci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:22 PM   #33

Seaeagle

We have used are 3 person for 5 or so years all summer long and it's still looks brand-new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210703_114127.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	358244  
steelydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:31 PM   #34

Sea Eagle 300

We love our two Sea Eagle 300s. Great for rivers. Good for lakes. Not too heavy to store in rig and move around between toad and water. They blow up quickly. High quality materials. Easy to fish from. I've take my golden in class ii water, he loves it. Weight and portability and smaller storage footprint were important for us.
Vashon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #35

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I was wondering how you handle the boat registration with these inflatable kayaks! My state (Alaska) doesn’t require registration for non-powered boats so I don’t have any numbers to display on the kayak.

I’m just wondering what happened when I try to use the kayak in a State that does require registration? Since each State has different rules, what do the rest of you do?

Thanks
twjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:01 PM   #36

We have had two Sea Eagle Razorlite 393RL's for going on seven years and wouldn't have anything else. This company has been amazing to deal with and the kayaks themselves are incredible. They can keep up with most any hardshell kayak (of the same size). We truly cannot go out kayaking without someone questioning us about our kayaks because they don't want to believe they are inflatables. We bought these LONG before we were into the RV thing, simply because we wanted to take them everywhere with us. We have!

Good luck on your decision!

https://www.seaeagle.com/RazorLite/393rl
Old 03-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeby5 View Post
We want to get a couple. Anyone care to recommend?
Intex K2 Explorer, I travel with it and store in the underbelly of my coach.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2009.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	358249   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	358250  

Name:	Eagles Nest NM (1).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	358254  
Old 03-03-2022, 04:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by twjacks View Post
I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I was wondering how you handle the boat registration with these inflatable kayaks! My state (Alaska) doesn’t require registration for non-powered boats so I don’t have any numbers to display on the kayak.

I’m just wondering what happened when I try to use the kayak in a State that does require registration? Since each State has different rules, what do the rest of you do?

Thanks

https://pumpupboats.com/inflatable-b...tration-guide/
Old 03-03-2022, 04:32 PM   #39

Thor Owners Club
I bought a Intex k2 2 man unit and have been happy with it for fishing or just going for a paddle. I even used an umbrella for a sail once and it just scooted along.
Greasy Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:40 PM   #40

I have two and we love them.
They are very light and easy to assemble and disassemble,
Easy to dry
Yes pricey but they have specials often
gus969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:45 PM   #41

We have two Intex inflatables: the K2 Explorer and the Challenger. Keep in mind that these are inexpensive, well made but still made by a company that primarily makes inflatable toys. These are top of the line Intex toys. Together ours cost less than $500. Compared to inflatables costing a thousand or more they are slow and cannot hold a solid line in a big wind. There are no foot braces, gunnel bracing or skirting. All that aside, we like them. They have held up well. Given their price, they are a good value for what you get.

We use them on a large lake and take them in our pickup truck for trips. The K2 handles better as a two person canoe. Its sides are high and it's difficult to get a good angle for paddling while solo, so it's awkward for one person, especially with wind from alongside.

The Challenger handles better, much more like a one person kayak. Its lower, paddles better and handles wind better without weaving all over the place, as long as you don't mind getting wet.

The K2 has a handy floor drain and plug. The Challenger does not, so it's NOT easy to get water out of the Challenger.

We also have a small plastic hard sided recreational kayak that's been around our beach for 15 or so years. I doubt these will last as long as that.

What I don't like about either is that Intex obviously cheaped out on the storage bags and they are not easy to refold back into them. Our bags ripped at both the zippers and seams.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by twjacks View Post

Thanks
Varies by state. Most states don't require registration of boats that are not powered. NY does not require registration and we've never had an issue when in a state that does. I've simply flashed my NY driver licence and been let go. Stand up paddle boards and inflatable kayaks are considered toys by most LEOs, so they can't be bothered with them unless you do something stupid.