Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2021, 11:40 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
I must have mastered the flash rate. I get confirmation from the trucks changing lanes in front of me.
I feel sorry for the commercial truckers having to deal with private passenger cars and RVs. I will always give way for them. They are out making a living. I'm just out for recreation. I do the flash signal for them too.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2021, 04:43 PM   #86

Heading south on US-395 just north of Reno with Ram 3500 and 36’ 5’ver in tow with two lanes at 65 mph for all vehicles. I safely pulled into the fast lane to let cars merge onto the highway from the on ramp. Couldn’t get over because of the cars in the slow lane. Then comes another on ramp, same scenario. I’m finally at the point to safely move over and the dude behind me in a Subaru whips around me. We both get off at the next one lane off ramp coincidentally and the dude brakes hard causing me to brake hard. The single merged into two lanes where the dude moves over to the other lane and stops so he could give me what for as I pulled along side of him…..he says “stay out of the fast lane f’ing old man”!! This old man wanted to tangle with the tree hugging punk, but he drove off…..it was probably a good thing😊
SCforG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 06:34 PM   #87

Tiffin Owners Club
Terrible consideration of others

Just completed a 5000 mile out west trip from MI to Montana, south to Arizona, north through Utah, then east through Colorado, and finally a fast 1500 mile run to put the MH in storage in Montgomery, AL. I travel pretty strictly at 65mph so I get passed a lot. I was regularly flashing truckers to advise they could get in front of me. I saw less than 5 thank you flashes. Was I wasting my time, are they rude, or don’t they even look/care? Worst driving experience was I-25 north of Denver. Many tight lane construction areas that were posted as 65 mph zones. Tight lanes , trucks and cars going well over 75, tight S curves, absolutely bat poop crazy. Who the hell approved this disaster and who hired the crazy school bus driver who passed me in one of the S curves at 70+ mph (I was at or above 65 with trucks and the bus all over me)? This was at about 2:30pm. I was frazzled after completing the 50 miles we needed to go.
Cheeseman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #88

Extra Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneiva View Post
Idiots used to come "a dime, a dozen". Must be something in the drinking water because you can now get two dozen idiots for that same dime!

Karma: The wife and I, while traveling through Kentucky, was trying to pull into the right hand lane of a very busy interstate to catch an upcoming exit. However, two young guys in a car next to us was having a joyous time matching our speed with the obvious intent of preventing us from changing lanes. However, the driver of the car was so busy concentrating on us that he failed to see the 18 wheeler in front of him hit the brakes! Yep, the last thing we saw was him eating the back end of that truck!
In a situation like that, I would pull over and call the cops to let them know how the idiot caused the accident.
BikesAndGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 12:42 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio44718 View Post
Too many drivers think they are in a video game or something. I have seen some cut across 2 or 3 lanes after getting on. The other ones that get me are the ones when you can not get over and they come up along side of you when they are getting on going the same speed as yourself. Then they stay there. You would think they would find the accelerator or slow down. Too many times I have tried to slow down to let them in, then they also slow down which really messes someone up that is behind them. I slowed down one time to the point I thought I was going to almost stop.

""think they are in a video game"" BINGO
Old 10-03-2021, 05:44 PM   #90

bad drivers

After attending Quantize meet up, after attending various seminars I realize they want to sell you something, but the topic of bad drivers was a common topic. One of the seminars was about cameras, I have since and an avid user of the camera. If you’re in an accident because of a bad driver, this may help make your case especially if you can show it to the police or for your insurance claim. I reside in Calif and everyone is in a rush, so I just go the speed limit and try to be aware of nuts as they merge onto the highways. Bad drivers don't care if you’re in an 18-wheeler, rv, or car.... I always plan ahead and I'm retired, so I don't have a time constraint so I abide the speed limits.
johnnyb91311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:36 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb91311 View Post
After attending Quantize meet up, after attending various seminars I realize they want to sell you something, but the topic of bad drivers was a common topic. One of the seminars was about cameras, I have since and an avid user of the camera. If you’re in an accident because of a bad driver, this may help make your case especially if you can show it to the police or for your insurance claim. I reside in Calif and everyone is in a rush, so I just go the speed limit and try to be aware of nuts as they merge onto the highways. Bad drivers don't care if you’re in an 18-wheeler, rv, or car.... I always plan ahead and I'm retired, so I don't have a time constraint so I abide the speed limits.

I use my dash cam constantly. It records time, date and GPS location. Never had to use the video yet, but it's there just in case.
We were traveling once in New York, when a young girl had to pass me just to cut back in front to get off the exit less than 500 feet in front of us, less than 5 feet from my bumper.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:48 PM   #92

Jayco Owners Club
I have also been cut off by someone speeding up the on ramp and cutting right in front of me, ignoring their yield sign. I was doing 70 mph at the time and yet they flew past me only to be stopped by slow traffic within 1/2 mile. They just assume you will stop rather than hit them, not realizing it takes a while for a 35 foot class C to stop.
Carl C Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:35 AM   #93

I’ve been passed by 2 cars racing 1 passed on fast lane other passed on shoulder. I think it’s a lot of people doing stupid things like pulling out from a side street while I’m in my dont give a crap about car that I drive to Walmart or places that can get door nicks thinking you want hit them.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:54 PM   #94
IC2

..then there is that 50s guy in his male (usually) menopausemobile ,,,Had an experience with the hour with one of those characters. He JUST had to pass me then stop to left turn within a block. Guess he wanted to show me that he was better then us hauling our 38' fiver. Mot impressed by his Porsche
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:15 PM   #95

Carolina Campers
Back when I had my big Moho, for reasons not explainable, on several occasions folks coming toward me wanted to turn left in front of me forcing me to brake hard to avoid hitting them. Strange almost like they had a death wish.

And the crazy driving in general has, IMO, increased in the past couple years possibly due to the increased fears with Covid-19. Can’t think of another reason.

And be careful about labeling Porsche as a menopausemobile. I had mine long before menopause…LMAO…
Past RV's: Three Airstreams, 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:31 PM   #96

I contributed the poor post-COVID driving on people driving alone while masked reducing oxygen to their determination organ.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:43 AM   #97
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post

And be careful about labeling Porsche as a menopausemobile. I had mine long before menopause…LMAO…
...and so did I, a bright red 944, but now when I see one being driven by a 50s-60s, and flowing white hair (or none at all) I tend to label them.

Back to the subject.
Ever notice how many scurry to turn right on red just so they wont be behind a large RV - and often with barely slowing down.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:05 AM   #98

Calm

I used to get angry and excited with bad drivers. Years back I came up with a mantra I use in these situations "the driver is doing the best their skill level allows". It is difficult to get angry at someone that is "doing the best they can". Try keeping that thought when confronted with idiots, works for me and my blood pressure.

Tags
driver, rvs