Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Inside Camera

Does anyone know of a decent camera I can put inside my coach to monitor my dogs while I'm out? I have a hotspot but so far the cameras I've tried don't connect to it. I want something I can use campground WiFi or my hotspot and check on them on my phone from anywhere else.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2021, 06:27 PM   #2

I've brought one of my ring camera's from home and set it up in the camper before. Worked great as long as you have service.
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:34 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
I've brought one of my ring camera's from home and set it up in the camper before. Worked great as long as you have service.
Does the Ring Camera system work without a DNS subscription?
Old 07-27-2021, 06:36 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
We use a Blink camera in ours. Grandfathered in on the free storage so no cost incurred and can access anywhere. No Dynamic DNS service required.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
I have a Wyze cam that I use for this. It works great and I can view my pups from anywhere. I do have a wifi hotspot at the motorhome. An added benefit is the camera records 24/7 so it is also a valuable security device. These are pretty cheap but very reliable.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
Does the Ring Camera system work without a DNS subscription?
This is the one we have: https://ring.com/products/mini-indoor-security-camera - $59 but you can often find them on sale on the website or Amazon.

I have the full ring account with multiple cameras at my house, but you can buy one of these and get "Real-time video with Live View" but it will not record. But you can pay like $3/mo or $30/yr for the full plan (for 1 camera).
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:00 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We use one for our dog that not only is a camera but also a Temperature minder and will notify us if temp is too hot.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:51 PM   #8

You can use an old cell phone without a sim and an app such as Presence.
pdeinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
We use one for our dog that not only is a camera but also a Temperature minder and will notify us if temp is too hot.
Can you share which one that is? Does it require a subscription?
pdeinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:29 AM   #10

We use a morvelli cam with the smart life app. Super cool and easy. No subscription, just a wifi signal. Pull it up on the app, steer it around and look for your pets, look down, look up, look wherever,, plus talk to them on the mic or hear if there behaving and not barking. We love it and recommend .
Outside at the front door we have a ring.
Inside we also have a govee temp/humidity monitor on wifi that we set to parameters to inform us if it gets to hot etc for the Dogs while were away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210728_081934.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	337548  
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:30 AM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The problem I have isn't the camera itself, it's having to use a hotspot for the WiFi. it isn't as clean a signal and most devices won't stream off hotspot. I already have two different cameras that do fine at home, but only on the home WiFi. I don't need storage, just the ability to look at an app on my phone and see what's happening in the coach.
Thanks so far to all who have responded. Good information. I have a Wyze camera coming tomorrow. at least I can return it if it doesn't work.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorjock View Post
The problem I have isn't the camera itself, it's having to use a hotspot for the WiFi. it isn't as clean a signal and most devices won't stream off hotspot. I already have two different cameras that do fine at home, but only on the home WiFi. I don't need storage, just the ability to look at an app on my phone and see what's happening in the coach.
Thanks so far to all who have responded. Good information. I have a Wyze camera coming tomorrow. at least I can return it if it doesn't work.
We are on the hot spot fmca unlimited sprint plan for 49.99 a month. Its Been truly great. were at 115 used gigs and it's not slowed once and we stream about 10-12 shows a wk. Love it
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera